• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dimensional awning sign

SignManiac

Installed this dimensional sign today over the face of an existing awning. A little different but the client loved it as shown in second photo. All lettering and the logo are PVC and the background is OmegaBond.

Attachments

• Enchanted.jpg
    Enchanted.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 189
  • enchanted sheri.jpg
    enchanted sheri.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 155

SignManiac

I used a 4x8 sheet of brown b-flute cardboard and scribed the arc from the back side to make a template. The face fit perfectly when we went back to do the final install.

slappy

:omg2:well, good job on the shirt:thumb: it's very nice also, it really compliments the awning and adds a personal touch.

it is a very nice sign and looks like you matched her personality:cool1:

PSG

Very Nice! I like it alot. What and how did you mount/install to the awning? If I am seeing correctly, fasteners thru the face? I can see one in the pic, I think. I get quite a requests for awning cover-ups and this one is by far one of the best executed ones I have seen.

Great Job Again!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

SignManiac

PSG thanks. The only problem I had with attaching this was in "assuming" the metal framework behind the awning was aluminum tubing. Turns out, it was fabricated from steel so it took a lot longer for my guys to drill into it and they burned up more drill bits.

We used 5/16" self tapping screws through the DiBond in strategic places and behind the logo which was an inlaid medallion that went on last. I'm waiting for some plastic caps to come in which I will paint to match and then go back and cover up the few remaining heads. They're barely visible but I think it will look a lot more finished when I put them on the heads when I go back to letter the hours on the door along with two smaller hanging signs under the awning over the sidewalk.

There's a another business next door with the exact same setup who has already expressed an interest in having a sign done for her also.

SignManiac

LOL Shovel, thanks...That's my problem, I'm always doing things I've never done before and sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't!

One of those risk/reward dilemmas you just have to try to see if it will work :) It sure keeps things interesting.

SignManiac

I should have added these two photos. Before and after and the tip I got for the job :)

Attachments

• before-after.jpg
    before-after.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 166
  • tip for work.jpg
    tip for work.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 166

speedmedia

Man that is sweet! I agree with Shovelhead would be awesome with push thru and lit.

Way to be creative with an application.:U Rock:

Thanks,
Kurt

iSign

the second best thing about dimensional signage, after profitability, is the convenience in hiding mounting hardware!