• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dimensional awning sign

dman0427

That looks really great!

How did you make the angle tile looking strip at the bottom of the sign?

How thick was the PVC?

Did you make the script words as one solid piece?

Awesome job!

SignManiac

That looks really great!

How did you make the angle tile looking strip at the bottom of the sign?

How thick was the PVC?

Did you make the script words as one solid piece?

Awesome job!

The bottom diamond panel is 3/4" PVC with each diamond inlaid.
The script is a Letterhead Font "Sophia" and is cut out in one piece all connected.

Thanks and glad everyone has enjoyed it. This was a fun project because the client is an old dear friend who I use to skydive with years ago. I wanted her to have something really nice so I pulled out all the stops.

GB2

Old Member
That is one superb and innovative creation....I'm very curious as to your construction details, if I may ask a couple of questions. How are all the parts attached, specifically the diamond inlays and the medallion pieces to each other and then those and the lettering to the Dibond. Also, what kind of paint and application method did you use? I do a fair amount of PVC fabrication and have experimented with every adhesive and paint method possible so I'd really like to know what you used here. Great Job!

SignManiac

I did a 1/8" hogout on the bottom panel for all of the individual diamonds and all parts including the lettering were adhered to the Dibond with PL premium construction adhesive. The paint is all exterior satin latex sprayed with an HVLP gun.

All of these methods are pretty much what I use on all of my work. Have had great success using this method here in Florida where the climate can be pretty harsh.

So far so good.