• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eps file printing high...not sure why

John Butto

Open a new file in illus. Make a simple square. Save it and print it and see if the same thing happens. If so it is not in Illus, if not than it is your file and it is something you have just overlooked.

jdwilliams1

Open a new file in illus. Make a simple square. Save it and print it and see if the same thing happens. If so it is not in Illus, if not than it is your file and it is something you have just overlooked.

ok do i fit the square to the art board or how should i handle that?

Matt-Tastic

most likely you have a problem at your printer. if you are placing your sign blank on the table, and it is printing higher than the bottom of the sign blank, then where you think the start point is and where the print thinks the starting point is are two different places.

if both prints gave the same results, then it is mostly a setting on the printer. why not just move the sign blank up to compensate?

jdwilliams1

most likely you have a problem at your printer. if you are placing your sign blank on the table, and it is printing higher than the bottom of the sign blank, then where you think the start point is and where the print thinks the starting point is are two different places.

if both prints gave the same results, then it is mostly a setting on the printer. why not just move the sign blank up to compensate?

I print a very large volume of these and that might not be what I should settle for. the thing I am wanting to do it move from my vinyl cutting software and into illustrator for 2013 for more design options. my printer has been printing all day from my vinyl cutting software just fine...all year for that matter and now these illustrator files are off. I checked the origin on the printer and all is good.

jdwilliams1

ok...now i have saved an ai. file from my vinyl cutting software(which has always printed perfectly) and I then uploaded it into illustrator and then printed it and that file had the same issue. What on earth could illustrator be causing?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What version of AI are you using?
If you would like to share the file one of us can take a look and see what might be off.
I have CS5 & some time. - send me a pm.

wayne k
guam usa

Matt-Tastic

Then perhaps there is a margin setup in RLP? if you take your EPS file, open it in your vinyl cutting software, and send it from there, do you get the same results?

also, in your original image, there is white space around your colored border. is that part of the image, or does the border bleed to the edge of the sign blank?

If you have white artboard space built into your file, it will show up in your final file (if you are saving as a PDF, the artboard is the outside edge of the image file). If you have a box or other object outside of that border, it will expand the while area around the image if you are saving as an eps (the outermost object in the file will be the outside edge of your image).

If you want, upload your ai file (i have CS5) and i'll see if i can determine what the issue is, if it exists in the file.

jdwilliams1

Well I never thought to do this but I printed the same file on my other flatbed printer and they print fine so it must be an issue with the printer, so if you guessed that you were right.

sorry for taking all of your time on something I should have known earlier.

I have checked the origin on printer one and it is good so need to do some more checking.

again thanks