• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

error code 45.1:03 anyone,,,, anyone?

ProWraps

anyone else gotten this error code on their l255500?

ive had it on both now. it stops the prints. and there is no reference to it in the troubleshooting manual error codes.

GB2

Old Member
Well, now that you've gotten the answer, I guess it's OK to go off track and tell you that is one ugly avatar you are using, isn't it time for a change?

ProWraps

hmm. brand new machines. first machine gave it to me on the first print.

no jam anywhere.

weird too because it always finishes the panel its printing before it shuts down.

ProWraps

SUHHHHHHLLLLOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

did i mention suh-low?

everything about them takes forever.

starting up.

heating up.

ripping.

printing.

you name it. they are the slowest thing i have ever experienced.

i can say one thing for my mutohs. you want to print something fast. you throw in media, hit print, and its done and done.

the hps print beautifully, but you WILL pay dearly in time/speed for it.

so far i have just over 7000 sqft of media through them with another 16,000 to go on this job. we will see how it goes.

i think i was initially off on my sq/ft print calculation though.

i estimated 80 sq/ft hour.

now that i have much more data to go off, im getting a sq/ft per hour of 102.118

much better than 80. doesnt seem like it, but when you are running 23,000 sq/ft of media, that extra 22 sq/ft per makes a difference.

this is at a 10 pass bidi high ink setting. this setting allows you to get the TRUE rich color of the file. any lower passes/ink settings do NOT produce true to file color.

oh and GB2, just for you im going to keep my avy around a few more monfs.

ProWraps

rofl... i think its actually time for a change too. i just gotta figure out what i want to make next.

ProWraps

heres another quandary fer ya.

how come two printers side by side, printing the exact same thing at the same speed, and the same amount would have one printer have a cleaning kit that is being used 2000 times faster than the other?

one kit at 1% used, the other at 20%. same print, same speed, same amount. hmmm.

Typestries

The one using the kit faster has extra cleanings enabled. It's cleaning the head by spitting on the blotter each head pass. Turn it off in image quality menu. Huge waste, err profit center for hp

ProWraps

weird because on both printers it says "enable extra PH cleaning" meaning neither one are enabled thus far.

ProWraps

oh one more thing. THEY STINK.

they are as bad if not worse than ecosol.

one of the reasons i bought them was to get rid of the smell and VOCs due to my having my daughter.

no go.

jasonx

Its the media stinking not the printer :p

But yes the heat causes some medias to give you a nice PVC high.

Dave Rowland

media stinks agreed... ink is fine....

no pleasing this guy lol

With regards cleaning cart... im average 1-2% per day basically.