• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First van job

Tim Aucoin

Did this yesterday afternoon for an amazing Indian Restaurant in my home city of Airdrie! They were extremely pleased with the results. I was fortunate to get a day that warmed up a little... just enough to do the install with a little assistance from my heat gun! Luckily I was able to use the garage of the house we haven't yet sold do do the work! I just need to go back on Saturday and install some lettering on the back right window. I made a (rookie) mistake of cutting burgundy vinyl instead of white for the tinted window! I might even do the burgundy with white outline...:rolleyes:
Overall I'm happy for my first van job! :smile: Plus, my wife & I got a free lunch out of it... yummy!

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 88

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Lookin' good.... especailly for your first one, ever.

You'll quickly see how this is the best kind of lettering in no time.

They bring you a clean canvas, you letter it and get paid more than any 4 X 8 or any other form of advertising on the planet.

:thumb:

Tim Aucoin

Good job Tim, did you just use burgundy vinyl or did you have to print and cut?

I used burgundy 220 for the smaller stuff cut on my enVision. For the larger logos, I had to resort to (gulp) Avery burgundy, as my local supplier was no longer carrying 220 in 24" rolls. The Avery went on well, and apparently their "issues" are a thing of the past. We'll see!!
I did print & cut the graphic on the door though (obviously!!).

Lookin' good.... especailly for your first one, ever.

You'll quickly see how this is the best kind of lettering in no time.

They bring you a clean canvas, you letter it and get paid more than any 4 X 8 or any other form of advertising on the planet.

:thumb:

Thanks Gino.. appreciate it! I definitely want to do more of this... I love it! One of the reasons I need to move my shop to a location with a bay for bringing in a vehicle. Next summer for sure!! :smile:

J

john1

Lookin good T3!

What did you end up charging if you don't mind? You can PM me if you would like. In USD it you can :)

signwizz

one change i would make is to his thumb (i think thats what it is ) i would make it the same colour as his fingers the black makes it look funny
just my 2 cents
shane

Tim Aucoin

Lookin good T3!

What did you end up charging if you don't mind? You can PM me if you would like. In USD it you can :)

I haven't billed the job out yet! I know these guys very well and they know I won't gouge them, so we went ahead with the job first and will do the invoice up next week! Well actually, I've had 2 free lunches so far!! I will likely do some trade of services for part of the invoice (the installation) for credit at his restaurant, as it is a favorite of ours! Win/Win situation :thumb:

one change i would make is to his thumb (i think thats what it is ) i would make it the same colour as his fingers the black makes it look funny
just my 2 cents
shane

I was wondering who would mention that! They supplied the vector image and I thought it looked a little odd. I guess it's supposed to be a shadow, so I just left it rather than put too much time into it. It was tricky enough just drawing the cut path around that image :omg:

nice and simple, looks good. How long did it take you to install

Thanks! My wife assisted me with it and it took 2.5 hours in a chilly, extremely windy day. I was fortunate to have my garage available. I also used the heat gun to pre-heat the paint prior to installation, as it was a fair bit chilly!

ProWraps

looks good. i would have inverted the turkey guy on the passenger door so he faced the logo/text to match the driver.

MikePro

nice job! great partial wrap!
might just be me trying to pick at something, or being keen on logos for door panels, but I'da swapped placement of logo/indian.

ellsmako

Clean and simple, Clients often forget that this graphic will be moving . Just remind the client to keep it clean and ( personally ) avoid auto car washes.
Would have prefered a window perf or clear 3M but for a budget graphic it looks great. Yeah letter it out rather than print them is a wise choice.