• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed Printer Installation!

jnataros

Been waiting a while; but my Flatbed printer finally arrived!

Installation will occur over the next 48 hours, and I am really eager to get printing!

I always was looking for photos of an installation in progress for reference of a grand format flatbed printer and had a hard time finding any... So I figured I would contribute a few photos in case anyone else may be interested...

The printer:
http://www.wp-digital.com/index.php?id=110&L=1

I will update with more photos as the installation goes on.........

Josh

Attachments

• virtu a.jpg
    virtu a.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Virtu e.jpg
    Virtu e.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Virtu.jpg
    Virtu.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 165

jnataros

Installation should be done by around 9AM tomorrow; so i'll post more photos....

Thanks for the supportive and nice messages!

Josh

Dave Rowland

thats a WP Digital (ex Spuhl)... brilliant printer and had the opportunity of visiting the factory.

Is this still using Spectras?

I'm wondering the same thing Bill asked?

That makes 3...

That is a nice box to own for sure but technology really has not changed since it was a Legget and Platt Machine back in 06'.

With such forward innovation coming from Vutek and Durst in the same price bracket. It poses a very interesting Question...

My opinion is that the new GS3250LX or Rho 800HS are the winners..

No doubt you are going to be turning out an amazing product at amazing speeds. Your business is gonna grow like a weed. No matter what my opinion is.

10sacer

Given the fluid nature of the future of WP Digital/Polytype/ex-L&P - good luck and hope all goes well.

jhanson

The best part of the L&P derived machines is their linear X-Y motion system. It's practically bulletproof. It will also try very hard to kill you when it gets out of control :p

ACUV out of Florida is working on an upgrade kit for the older L&P machines that brings them up to current technology standards with Konica heads, but the upgrade isn't cheap... probably going to be close to $100k.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
One thing with the Vutek printers...in the High production speed modes like that, IE Light Smoothing....typically that UV Ink Lawnmower effect can be pretty nasty. Tightening up the interlace...IE Heavy Smoothing improves a great deal but increases print times by approx 66-75%. Not sure if the GS LED fixes that or how the Vitru here adresses that as well.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
6 tons of printer is pretty impressive, I guess it is fitting that you are setting it up in Texas.
Most other states might not have enough room.

wayne k
guam usa