• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GQMgr: error: edgeII requires ECP parallel port...?

Tony Teveris

Did you run parcheck.exe yet?

Sent me an email and I'll send parcheck to you.

There are parallel ports out ther that say they are ECP or can be configured as ECP ports but are not truely ECP ports no matter what the BIOS says. This is why we came out with the USB to parallel solution.

Tony Teveris

That is the WarpNine driver which you seem to have installed. I still want you to run parcheck.exe so email me and I'll email it back.

Tony Teveris

I just sent it again. I forgot to turn the "out of office" off when I got back from vacation yesterday. Was in Virginia and passed throug Jersy on Monday, you should have flagged me down.

DeVries Signs

I just sent it again. I forgot to turn the "out of office" off when I got back from vacation yesterday. Was in Virginia and passed throug Jersy on Monday, you should have flagged me down.

Hmm...didn't get it. Checked my SPAM, too...

O/T: I was just down in VA from the 3rd-7th! (Chesterfield County)

Tony Teveris

Sent again, renamed the zip to zxx, not sure who is stopping it.
On the Omega 2.5 CD it should be in the \MISC\PARCHECK folder.

I was in Old Town Alexandria.

joeshaul

He said to rename it to a .zip, most likely because of an e-mail filter that prohibits receiving .zip flies. Once renamed to .zip, Windows should be able to decompress it.

DeVries Signs

Tony- I did "run as", and have attached a SS of the window I got.

edit:

ok, there it is.

Attachments

• untitled11.JPG
    untitled11.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 110

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I though you said you had removed the Edge 1 from the installed printers. I would suggest that you remove them both and reinstall just the Edge 2 to see if it will then work.

DeVries Signs

I though you said you had removed the Edge 1 from the installed printers. I would suggest that you remove them both and reinstall just the Edge 2 to see if it will then work.

Sorry Fred- I had inadvertently uploaded the wrong pic before...it's since been corrected.

Tony Teveris

From the dialog I say that the port is NOT an ECP port. There use to be plugin boards you could buy but someone on here would have to speack for that. I have no idea about who's interfaces (plugin card) worked and which ones did not.

Why the ECP port - because we need the data rate to feed the Edge or it will starve and pause at the end of each "page" (11.84 x 12")

An older computer with a parallel port might help

DeVries Signs

Ok, thanks Tony.

Any idea why it was working fine for 2.5yrs, though- but now does not? Same setup, same equipment. I bought the EdgeII from a well known Gerber distributor (don't want to name them in case they aren't vendors here). Their Rep set the Edge II up for me on this same PC in my shop. I have never messed with any configurations, etc (I don't even access the internet with that PC).

joeshaul

Ok, thanks Tony.

Any idea why it was working fine for 2.5yrs, though- but now does not? Same setup, same equipment. I bought the EdgeII from a well known Gerber distributor (don't want to name them in case they aren't vendors here). Their Rep set the Edge II up for me on this same PC in my shop. I have never messed with any configurations, etc (I don't even access the internet with that PC).

Just out of curiosity and it's going to come from left field, but you didn't bend/break a pin when moving the cable from one to the other? Seen bent pins cause all kinds of weird problems before. Sometimes the pin breaks off, sometimes it bends upwards and grounds out, sometimes it'll bend into another pin and go into the same hole. Something to check for as a last resort.

Unsure of the connector the edge uses, but some parallel devices use a 25 pin male->25 pin male connector, others use that really big flakey lookin female connector.

Tony Teveris

Well if it worked before then I have no idea why it does not now.

You never changed ANYTHING ? OS, etc ?

Is the parallel port part of the "mother board" or PCI interface card plugged in?

signage

What OS are you running?

If you go into Device manager you can see how you port is set, If your system suports ECP you need to go into your bios and set it to it! I would think that if it worked before then maybe somehow it got changed in the Bios!

See attached photo it shows ECP in device manager!

Attachments

• Device manager.jpg
    Device manager.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 116