• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Have always loved this

ams

I did not make this, but I've loved this for years. Whoever did it is a genius of design and wrapping. If I had this skill, I could do so much. What other realistic wraps are out there? Anyone remember the bound and gagged on the back of the pick up truck door?

1 eTMpSysK8CG1RR5sxjmQtg.png

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yea, it was a sign company in Waco, TX.... Pretty sure he's out of business now. He might of gotten away with that if he was in Austin... they like weird.

jfiscus

Rap Master
That is a very old wrap, I remember thinking of it as "inspiration" when I started designing wraps around 13 years ago. I still like it, it is simple and gets attention.
Unfortunately, everyone seems to already have a (horrible) "vision" for what they want their wrap to look like before they even walk through the door.
Wraps where you can actually get creative with the design are few and far between.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
I like how all the lines look straight on an overlay... but when applied to complex curves of a boat will be 8 kinds of out of whack.

2B

the tank wrap from Arizona and Lorry trucks are always interesting
search

search
08e974c03d84d897e2ba6af1428d278f.jpg

arizonatank.jpg

search

Last edited:

2B

no the truck tail gate wrap of a bound girl was in texas. i know the designer for the tail gate.
he did others. last time i talked with him. he had gotten a lot of flack over it but didnt go out of business

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...cal-bound-woman-marketing-experiment/2790719/

Yes, remember this situation and from what I have heard even after these years they are still known for it
https://signs101.com/threads/a-wrap-that-makes-people-call-911.110010/

AKwrapguy

I did not make this, but I've loved this for years. Whoever did it is a genius of design and wrapping. If I had this skill, I could do so much. What other realistic wraps are out there? Anyone remember the bound and gagged on the back of the pick up truck door?

View attachment 135901

We had a guy open a wrap/sign shop up here and he used that bus image on his website. We all laughed, he shut his doors after a few months.

AMS, while it might sound 'snowflake-ish'. I think that you could do this. I think anyone could do something like this if they had the time. A lot of people (myself included) look at cool wraps or designs and go wow I wish I could do something like that.... in reality we can but we don't because many of us don't have the time or the client that's willing to pay.

2B

We had a guy open a wrap/sign shop up here and he used that bus image on his website. We all laughed, he shut his doors after a few months.

AMS, while it might sound 'snowflake-ish'. I think that you could do this. I think anyone could do something like this if they had the time. A lot of people (myself included) look at cool wraps or designs and go wow I wish I could do something like that.... in reality we can but we don't because many of us don't have the time or the client that's willing to pay.

This is EXACTLY the case 99% of the time

ams

I never liked doing wraps and quit offering them, because I would quote $3,000 for a full wrap and they would get pissed, call me a scammer and leave. Or say I can get the whole car painted for that!
The other annoying thing is if you mess up a panel, a large chunk of your profit is gone. After 3 times, your breaking even.

Now granted, wrap masters can wrap a vehicle in 6 - 8 hours no problem. That is a money maker, for people like me that spend 16 - 20 hours on one, plus a customer who picks apart the slightest imperfection, not happening.

It's a dream to do that stuff, but the money just isn't there.

signman315

Signmaker
I think the photo-realistic wraps are bad ass....but my problem with them is that the perspective is only good from one viewing angle...as soon as you are looking at it from any other angle it immediately loses it's charm because it "flattens" i.e. the perspective is no longer accurate. Kind of like those really cool sidewalk chalk pieces like Edgar Mueller or Julian Beever do. It's one thing if you can control the viewing angle but on a vehicle wrap in the real world you don't get that luxury and so these type of wraps are cool as hell and make great photographs but they aren't necessarily a highly effective advertisement for a real world application in my opinion...it is a novelty that can be used to garnish attention I suppose. I've seen so many sign shops try to wrap the back of their van/truck to look like you are peering into the vehicle with a bunch a signage/etc piled in there and it just ends up looking like a hot mess...how do so many shops that don't communicate with each other all come up with the same hokey idea?!?!

TimToad

We have a copy of Dan Antonelli's "Building A Big Small Business Brand" and several years worth of SIGNCRAFT on our counter and refer to them frequently when trying to convince potential clients that putting meat, flames, water, landscapes, etc. and overworked, Photoshopped to death text on wraps does not pass the 3-4 second legibility test for wraps.

mark-s

I made a warp for my 52 oz drink cup with the zoo snake bus wrap,
added chrome hub caps.
Looks cool.
Get compliments on it all the time.
mark-s