• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A wrap that makes people call 911

CreatedDesigns

Note to self: Don't use Lexan tailgate when kidnapping someone..... It does look real, But who ties a person up and leaves the tailgate off.......

visual800

I love to upset the masses but I would not have done this for me, this is a little on the fenceline of law enforcement getting involved :smile:

he did say it increased business so he proved his point

TXFB.INS

the license plate tells all.........TEXASS)))))))))))))))

really????????????????? pray tell your vast wealth of KNOW IT ALL source(s) for this absurd statement/////////////

back to OP, the name of the game is SHOCK AND AWE in today's society and if you can get WORLD WIDE FREE ADVERTISEMENT then you are doing GREAT!!!
this style of art work is NOTHING new, dating back to over 400 B. C., trompe l'oeil is designed to get your attention and create optical illusions.

In no way is this condoning the violence of women, nor am I, But what is the difference between this tailgate wrap and the ads from Lego?
legodrugs.jpg

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Takes all kinds doesn't it? IMHO way over the line.

What line is that? some line there in your village?

What, exactly, do you find wrong with this particular tailgate wrap? Be specific and objective. Any use of any form of the word 'offend' will negate your response.

As for myself I think it's brilliant. I've tried for some years to dream up something exactly along these lines. A shot of the bed with something that will absolutely grab you in it. Was was thinking wore along the lines of something dangerous balanced on the edge, ready to fall out. This is far better.

FrankenSigns.biz

I am sorry, but I can not fathom how an image of a kidnapped- hog tied woman can be construed as good for business for this sign company.

i doubt that we have seen the end of this news story, and mark my word, this company whoever they are, will not be in business a year from now.

it is an affront to the proper treatment of women. The theatrics of this graphic is condoning the act of rape and abduction of women and seems an effort to make light of it. This is beyond the pale and is offensive beyond belief. Do you have a daughter, a wife a mother? What is wrong with you people?

This is exactly why I rarely come around this forum any more. It can be a hateful disgusting place.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This is exactly why I rarely come around this forum any more. It can be a hateful disgusting place.

Good place to look for a partner for your new shop but otherwise ........ Signs 101 is beneath your contempt.

Interesting example of a double standard. Would you prefer we censor free speech? Is the wrap under discussion not being discussed elsewhere with similar disparities?

FrankenSigns.biz

Sorry to insult your forum Fred, I didn't really mean it in toto and you should not take it that way. Looks like I touched a soft spot with you and I understand your offense.

Si Allen

Arrrrggggyh!

Seems like people are standing in line to be offended,at anything that comes along, doesn't matter what ... just as long as they can be offended!

I guess that their lives must be really dull!

Attachments

• Thanks-1.gif
    Thanks-1.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 144

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I thought it was in poor taste but didn't get bent over it one way or the other.

wayne k
guam usa

FrankenSigns.biz

Ah, so the old "there's no such thing as bad press" adage. I completely disagree. Let's keep an eye in this so-called sign shop and come back to this thread in a year and see if that place is still in business. My bet is NOT.

Billct2

I find it incredibly offensive, and don't care what other ads, music videos, or other sources use similar images. Promoting anything by the depiction of women/girls being brutalized is not just poor taste, it's trivializing a horrific crime.

Locals Find!

I thought it was funny. The employee modeling for the photo apparently didn't find anything wrong with it either.

Also, I see a lot of comments about "rape" being tossed around. Where was "rape" mentioned, depicted, or in other way construed in the image. You people really are stretching to get offended over something.

The world needs to lighten up there is plenty of serious shat to get offended over and, I can guarantee you this shouldn't be anywhere near that list.