• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how much should i charge for a printed banner?

0igo

[Edited] Thanks Pat

How much CAN I charge for a banner?
What is the MOST I can charge before customers quit ordering?
What materials can I make the most profit with while still not having to output grabage?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Really ??

You don't give sizes, finished or not, what weight, 1 or 2 sided, amount of prep time, computer time and most of all..... your total time from design to the last grommet in it ??

Then, you wanna know how low you can go ?? Are you for real ?? You wanna be the cheapest person on the planet making banners ??

If I were you, I'd charge out at about 34¢ a square foot for a finished banner and hope no one finds out your secret. :rock-n-roll:

Pat Whatley

okay so i have mutoh printer and i am wondering how much i should charge for printed banner?

how much is the lowest before i actually lose money?

and what materials have you guys use that have saved or are saving you money?

You need to rethink your business plan.
You should be asking "How much CAN I charge for a banner?"
What is the MOST I can charge before customers quit ordering?"
What materials can I make the most profit with while still not having to output grabage?"

reQ

Gino, 34 cents per square foot is not enough, i thought that around 60 cents per sqft is good and you can make a killing printing banners. Not 100% sure tho....

0igo

You need to rethink your business plan.
You should be asking "How much CAN I charge for a banner?"
What materials can I make the most profit with while still not having to output grabage?"

thank you pat. so let me ask this again (borrowing from Pat)

"How much CAN I charge for a banner?"

0igo

Gino, 34 cents per square foot is not enough, i thought that around 60 cents per sqft is good and you can make a killing printing banners. Not 100% sure tho....

thank you i of course will not charge 60 cents per square foot i just needed to know before i undersold. thank you again :)

reQ

thank you i of course will not charge 60 cents per square foot i just needed to know before i undersold. thank you again :)

Okay, talking seriously, depending on your market, anywhere from 2.5 to 6 sq/ft

Gino

Premium Subscriber
thank you pat. so let me ask this again (borrowing from Pat)

"How much CAN I charge for a banner?"

Evidently, you didn't read Fred's post. That post has got to be by far the most enlightening post for pricing this place has ever seen. It doesn't apply to everyone, but it is down to earth and if you don't read it.... you're missing the boat.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Somehow Fred, you should try making that into one big sticky note and point people towards it as it seems for some, it's too hard to read the entire thread. :rolleyes:

The thought has occurred to me but then members would be missing some other excellent posts in the same thread.

0igo

you guys should just take all this and make a book.. heck ill buy it just make sure there are at least 12 pictures

Andy D

I wouldn't worry about being undercut, there is always someone that will make it for cheaper, hell I sub out banners to an out-of-state
company when it makes since for 65 cent psf.
And there are many companies that charge more than you would dream of charging.
It's all about your over head, customer base, and what you need to make.

Straight forward answer: our minimum order is $100.

The cheapest I ever go is $4.50 psf if it's over 250 square feet.
Most banners are $10 psf depending on quantity .

Andy D

Agreed !00%, Hell if anything we're too cheap, I think Kinko's charges twice that, and we're much better.

Personalty I don't give a flying f*** what the other guys are charging or if the customer thinks I'm too high,
the only thing that counts is cost plus what I need to make, and if no one buys banners from me, I'll make more
of something else...

Andy D

Also it's is imperative that you build up your client base with the
right kind of people. My customers that never ask for a quote and don't bat an eye
at my prices, get their asses kissed.

The pain in the *** ones that quotes everything out, try to beat down the price, makes 50
changes on their designs, gets a foot in the *** towards the door.