• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how much should i charge for a printed banner?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Also it's is imperative that you build up your client base with the
right kind of people. My customers that never ask for a quote and don't bat an eye
at my prices, get their asses kissed.

The pain in the *** ones that quotes everything out, try to beat down the price, makes 50
changes on their designs, gets a foot in the *** towards the door.

For most of my life I've had a running joke going about having a superiority complex and then finding out that I was definitely superior and the complex not bothering me anymore.

At this point my clients rarely ask me for quotes because they know they will get a better product than they will get most other places. They want me to be their supplier. Such clients are seeking reliable, problem free solutions and price is secondary to that. For sure, I lose out with price shoppers who see their signs as commodities. For those losses, I have no regrets.

Building that kind of a client base takes time and requires a mindset that the client must value your services more than your competitors. Above all, they are buying you. The payoff is that, in due course, your business, built on such relationships, becomes a pleasure to run.

Last edited:

Billct2

there's a sign guy out in CA who has the best pricing advice "Charge the highest price you can without laughing"

Sidney

I tend to go a over $5.00 a square ft just so that I don't go below $5.00 a square ft....and that price has nothing to do with custom design charge(ex: photo editing, recreating logo etc).

Bly

attachment.php

Attachments

• onemilliondollarnote.jpg
    onemilliondollarnote.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 128

Z SIGNS

You can charge what you want.

If it's just ink on vynull and that's all there is to it that's one price.

If it's a brilliant masterpiece of advertising that is going to move people that's another price.

What is your time and expertise worth ?