• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to legally sell my Adobe Dreamweaver

GoodPeopleFlags

Last year, I bought Dreamweaver CS5 through Adobe at the student discount price. I struggled through the class I needed it for and I realize now that I will never use Dreamweaver again. I don't plan on doing much website design and if I needed to, I'd prefer to use Joomla. So, I'd like to sell my Dreamweaver legally. How can I do that?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
•Important: Educational versions of Adobe products are not eligible for a transfer of license. Educational versions of Macromedia-branded products, however, can be transferred to a new owner.

from the adobe site

GoodPeopleFlags

Crap. I should've checked that out first.

I thought that I might not be able to sell it to just *anyone* since I bought it at a discount but I was hoping that I could somehow transfer it to another student, as long as they can prove they are, like I did when I bought it.

MatthewTimothy

How did you have to prove that you were a student?

some actually require to enter your social and fill out a form indicating your school. They keep the information on a database. ALSO, some schools have to verified as an acceptable College.

EDIT:
Ive used journeyed.com in the past for Adobe CS3 Master Collection, Adobe CS4 Master Collection Upgrade, 3DS Max, CorelDraw 14, and Microsoft Office. I save a great deal of money using them, but i see Amazon and Newegg are offering deals to college students now.

WildWestDesigns

some actually require to enter your social and fill out a form indicating your school. They keep the information on a database. ALSO, some schools have to verified as an acceptable College.

I wouldn't do that either. I have yet to be asked for my social when I was getting student discounts either for student professional (office) or any of the adobe products that I got before I got CS4 and now my CS 5 Master Suite.

Now I did have to go through a lot of hoops to get it, but giving my social was not one of them. I wouldn't have done it period if that was the case.

GoodPeopleFlags

I didn't have to give them my ss#. I scanned and uploaded copies of my student picture ID and my current class schedule to prove I was currently enrolled - not to prove I needed the software for a particular class. My school was already on their "verified" list.

Pat Whatley

Collage ID? Is that what you get when you photoshop your picture and a fake address onto somebody elses ID so you can buy beer at 19?

royster13

In the past I just bought a copy of Creative Suite from the college book store, installed it and it worked...Only # the bookstore wanted was my CC#....

phototec

I wouldn't do that either. I have yet to be asked for my social when I was getting student discounts either for student professional (office) or any of the adobe products that I got before I got CS4 and now my CS 5 Master Suite.

Now I did have to go through a lot of hoops to get it, but giving my social was not one of them. I wouldn't have done it period if that was the case.

What kind of deal did you get with your CS 5 Master Suite?

Does the student version have all the same features as the regular version?

Do you know if there are any functional restrictions?

:help

MatthewTimothy

What kind of deal did you get with your CS 5 Master Suite?

Does the student version have all the same features as the regular version?

Do you know if there are any functional restrictions?

:help

its really just the same thing, i have yet ever to find any restrictions or limitations. Only that you are "saying" you are using it just for school :thumb:

GoodPeopleFlags

Yes, as I recall I paid $200.00 for it. And that was through Adobe. There aren't any differences between the regular and student versions except for the price.