• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 300 Series Firmware NEXUS_01_10_00.4 - Released 9/14/16

TomK

No idea how to make [FONT=&quot]Continuous Printing work though...

Updated new firmware, don't see any settings for it, sent a few jobs, print/dry/cool down rinse and repeat.

What am I missing?

[/FONT]

rdm01

We'll have an HP tech here tomorrow, I can ask if no ones figured it out by then.

Speaking of which, any other 300 series questions I should ask while they are here training?

dypinc

No idea how to make [FONT=&amp]Continuous Printing work though...

Updated new firmware, don't see any settings for it, sent a few jobs, print/dry/cool down rinse and repeat.

What am I missing?

[/FONT]

I guess we will have to test this. Anyone call tech.

I noticed that Colorgate 10 has a setting called Use Continuous Printing. Maybe it needs to get directions from the RIP?

TomK

I guess we will have to test this. Anyone call tech.

I noticed that Colorgate 10 has a setting called Use Continuous Printing. Maybe it needs to get directions from the RIP?

Most likely, I'm on latest Flexi 12 cloud, and I don't see the settings anywhere. Let me know what you find out!

303DC

We'll have an HP tech here tomorrow, I can ask if no ones figured it out by then.

Speaking of which, any other 300 series questions I should ask while they are here training?
Mind asking him how I can find the Service Maintenance Kit life remaining? There is a user maintenance kit, which is the bin in front of the printer. But there are also 3 SERVICE maintenance kits which they don't tell you about when buying the printer that involve having a tech replace a bunch of stuff, and is not covered under warranty.

TomK

Mind asking him how I can find the Service Maintenance Kit life remaining? There is a user maintenance kit, which is the bin in front of the printer. But there are also 3 SERVICE maintenance kits which they don't tell you about when buying the printer that involve having a tech replace a bunch of stuff, and is not covered under warranty.

First I've heard or read about this, where did you see this information?

rdm01

I will make sure to ask.

303DC

First I've heard or read about this, where did you see this information?
I was told by other HP 300 owners. Call HP and ask if you don't believe me. I just got off the phone with them. Pricing on kit #3 (first one to need done) is about $1200, #2 is about $2k, and #3 which will basically be up by the time you should be replacing the printer anyways, is about $4k. I just looked up mine, and after a year of use in a small shop doing maybe $50k/year in sales (I'm VERY small), here's my useage. Looks like they really don't get used very quickly, so don't freak out too much yet!

Service Maintenace Kit #1 - 2 %
Service Maintenace Kit #2 - 0% (I think they did this kit when my printer went down a couple months ago)
Service Maintenace Kit #3 - 6%

The 3 service maintenance kits last a very long time. On our L26500 with over 120,000 square feet of material through it, they currently stand at:

#1 - 14%
#2 - 6%
#3 - 54%

We did replace one of the kits (can't remember which one, whichever one replaces the carriage, ink lines, decoder strip, etc.) about 1 year ago, but not because it was time, the ink likes somehow came loose and were catching on something inside the top of the printer and stopping the printhead every pass. Tech said since he needed to tear it apart to replace the ink lines we might as well do the kit while we're at it..

I wouldn't really worry about these three kits unless you're a very high volume shop running the machines all day every day.

dypinc

Most likely, I'm on latest Flexi 12 cloud, and I don't see the settings anywhere. Let me know what you find out!

I noticed this in the documentation for the firmware.

NOTE: In order to take advantage of all those new fixes/functionalities HP recommends to upgrade the software RIP printer driver to the latest available version.

TomK

I noticed this in the documentation for the firmware.

NOTE: In order to take advantage of all those new fixes/functionalities HP recommends to upgrade the software RIP printer driver to the latest available version.

I tried to find a readme or docs on the newest firmware, couldn't find em. Can you link me?

I'll call Flex in the morning and see what they have to say, since the HP 300's ship with Flexi for the RIP.

Thanks!

dypinc

Had a little extra time today.

It looks like it definitely has to implemeted with a command from the RIP.

Tried two jobs right after another with the Fiery XF RIP and and nothing, still goes through the whole cycle before starting the next job.

Tried it with Colorgate 10 with the Use Continuous Printing checked and it works. Not even small a small pause like the 250 or 260 printers.

TomK

I tried to find a readme or docs on the newest firmware, couldn't find em. Can you link me?

I'll call Flex in the morning and see what they have to say, since the HP 300's ship with Flexi for the RIP.

Thanks!

Talked to Flexi folks today. The "HP" edition has been updated and has the option for continuous printing, the cloud version will be updated "soon" to have this feature and a bunch of new printers and fixes incorporated into a patch release. Didn't say when it would be released, just soon.

FrankW

Havent tried it until now. I had an older patch to drive our demo 560, who have added the "continuous printing" checkbox to the 360-driver too, but with that driver, continuous printing havent worked. Will try that patch on monday, and will report to SAi if it still don't work.

Regular, non-official patches don't come with an installer, and have no public link on a webpage. So I'm shure you could give it a try ... or wait until monday.

TomK

Havent tried it until now. I had an older patch to drive our demo 560, who have added the "continuous printing" checkbox to the 360-driver too, but with that driver, continuous printing havent worked. Will try that patch on monday, and will report to SAi if it still don't work.

Regular, non-official patches don't come with an installer, and have no public link on a webpage. So I'm shure you could give it a try ... or wait until monday.

Thanks Frank, this appears to be the update for the HP version of Flexi, I'm running their cloud edition, I never installed the one I received with the HP as I was already using cloud edition.