• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 300 Series Firmware NEXUS_01_10_00.4 - Released 9/14/16

FrankW

No. If you download it, you will see in the file name that this is the updater for Build 2324, for their regular FlexiPRINT.

TomK

No. If you download it, you will see in the file name that this is the updater for Build 2324, for their regular FlexiPRINT.

So, downloaded the Flexi update, applied it, set the 1 setting for continuous print, and it doesn't work on the 310.

Opened a ticket with Flexi, waiting for detail, but they first said it wasn't supported on the 310, and then said it might be a setting on the hardware, which I cannot find.

Anyone get this working on the 310 or 330 printers yet?

dypinc

So, downloaded the Flexi update, applied it, set the 1 setting for continuous print, and it doesn't work on the 310.

Opened a ticket with Flexi, waiting for detail, but they first said it wasn't supported on the 310, and then said it might be a setting on the hardware, which I cannot find.

Anyone get this working on the 310 or 330 printers yet?

Well the Firmware update says for 310/330/360/370, so hardware wise I don't see that being the case.

Are you trying to do multiple copies of the same job or different jobs, or have you tried both ways?

TomK

Well the Firmware update says for 310/330/360/370, so hardware wise I don't see that being the case.

Are you trying to do multiple copies of the same job or different jobs, or have you tried both ways?

I did two different jobs, I will try the same job twice by using the repeat job X times?

Tom

dypinc

I did two different jobs, I will try the same job twice by using the repeat job X times?

Tom

Can't quite remember in Flexi when you tell it to repeat X times if it creates one job file or it send multiple copies. So many RIP's so much time that I can't remember all the features.

TomK

Can't quite remember in Flexi when you tell it to repeat X times if it creates one job file or it send multiple copies. So many RIP's so much time that I can't remember all the features.

So opened a case with HP. It should work with different jobs as long as they have the same substrate setting. The tech also said he didn't think it was a hardware setting, but is going to get more info from engineering as he wasn't 100% sure.

He did ask that I power the printer off and back on and try again, which I can't do for about an hour or so.

I will be able to test again in about an hour or two, I'll report back when I have more info from my testing or when HP rings me back.

Thanks!

PS - Flexi creates one file if you use report # of times, and just resend's the file.

dypinc

So opened a case with HP. It should work with different jobs as long as they have the same substrate setting.

I wonder if that means on the same media if one job is say 12pass and the other is 10pass. I will have to check that.

dypinc

I was told same media and same settings, so pass, ink density, etc.

You are correct, Printmode and obviously the Media has to be the same. But just a different Profile has no effect on continues printing. Two jobs with same Printmode but a different Profile tailgated each other just fine, but that is a function of the RIP and not the printer, at least with ColorGate 10.

TomK

You are correct, Printmode and obviously the Media has to be the same. But just a different Profile has no effect on continues printing. Two jobs with same Printmode but a different Profile tailgated each other just fine, but that is a function of the RIP and not the printer, at least with ColorGate 10.

Maybe I need to find a new RIP, Flexi isn't working and getting a lot of "Huh, I dunno, should work" answers...

dypinc

Maybe I need to find a new RIP, Flexi isn't working and getting a lot of "Huh, I dunno, should work" answers...

Hopefully others with Flexi are trying the Continuous Printing update and will be able to find if it works for them or not.

TomK

A quick update here...

It works if you have the HP edition of Flexi, version 2402.

It does NOT work with the Cloud edition of Flexi, version 2324.

Santimus

I keep getting "update fail. Firmware corrupt" when updating through the front panel. no error code or anything to refer to the manual. When I try to do a manual update through the embedded web server on my computer I get a "fatal error. restart printer" on the front panel and again, no error code for reference. Has anybody encoutered this issue? How do I fix it?

Bly

Download the file from the HP website and do a manual install through the printer's web page.

FrankW

The safest und most reliable way to upgrade firmware (of course with a file not corrupted) on a Latex 300/500 is the following:

• Download the firmware file from the HP Website
  • Copy it on an EMPTY USB-Stick
  • Plug the USB-Stick into the Service USB-Port at the back of the machine (can be found in the bay were the Network Connector is)
  • The printer will prompt you that he have found a new firmware on an USB-Stick. Confirm Update
  • When the printer asks for, remove the Stick
  • Wait another approx. 10 Minutes. Printer will be rebooted.

If the file is corrupted, the printer will not upgrade. If for any reason the stick wont be recognized (seldom), reboot the printer with the stick plugged in.

Sometimes, when the used firmware is very old, you cant upgrade directly to the newest version.