• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 300 Series Firmware NEXUS_01_10_00.4 - Released 9/14/16

jasonx

I keep getting "update fail. Firmware corrupt" when updating through the front panel. no error code or anything to refer to the manual. When I try to do a manual update through the embedded web server on my computer I get a "fatal error. restart printer" on the front panel and again, no error code for reference. Has anybody encoutered this issue? How do I fix it?

Had the same issue on one of my 360's.

"[FONT=&quot]Go to Service Menu > Service Utilities > Hard Disk Recovery."

Then try the firmware update. Solved my issue.[/FONT]

astraios

Today I have installed new firmware and tested if continuous printing is working with Caldera but unfortunately, no luck so far. Is there some trick to enable this or it is only for Flexi HP Edition?

TomK

Today I have installed new firmware and tested if continuous printing is working with Caldera but unfortunately, no luck so far. Is there some trick to enable this or it is only for Flexi HP Edition?

I have a test build for Flexi Cloud (non HP edition), and it is working fine so far. Some minor problems, but nothing drastic.

Santimus

The safest und most reliable way to upgrade firmware (of course with a file not corrupted) on a Latex 300/500 is the following:

• Download the firmware file from the HP Website
  • Copy it on an EMPTY USB-Stick
  • Plug the USB-Stick into the Service USB-Port at the back of the machine (can be found in the bay were the Network Connector is)
  • The printer will prompt you that he have found a new firmware on an USB-Stick. Confirm Update
  • When the printer asks for, remove the Stick
  • Wait another approx. 10 Minutes. Printer will be rebooted.

If the file is corrupted, the printer will not upgrade. If for any reason the stick wont be recognized (seldom), reboot the printer with the stick plugged in.

Sometimes, when the used firmware is very old, you cant upgrade directly to the newest version.

Had the same issue on one of my 360's.

"[FONT=&amp]Go to Service Menu > Service Utilities > Hard Disk Recovery."

Then try the firmware update. Solved my issue.[/FONT]

Thank you both! Frank, I tried the USB stick trick and it did not work at first. It did go through all the check points but at the end it told me the Firmware file is not compatible so I did the Hard disk recovery that Jason recommended and then after that finished tried the USB again and it took. You guys were very helpful.

dypinc

You have to have a setting in a RIP to enable this as well as use the same print mode. Have you called Caledra and asked them?

Tldr

You have to have a setting in a RIP to enable this as well as use the same print mode. Have you called Caledra and asked them?

Caldera doesn't have any new drivers available. So no "checkbox" for continuous printing.

Has anyone used 360 drivers on a 370 with caldera?

deand_sai

Merchant Member
It will work, you just need to download the driver update.

Tom,

Continuous printing will work in Flexi 12 Build 2324 if you install the HP Latex driver update. You can get the driver update here: http://flexi12.saicloud.com/drivers/

After you install the driver update, you need to switch it on in Production Manager in Setup Properties > Continuous Printing.

A quick update here...

It works if you have the HP edition of Flexi, version 2402.

It does NOT work with the Cloud edition of Flexi, version 2324.

TomK

Tom,

Continuous printing will work in Flexi 12 Build 2324 if you install the HP Latex driver update. You can get the driver update here: http://flexi12.saicloud.com/drivers/

After you install the driver update, you need to switch it on in Production Manager in Setup Properties > Continuous Printing.

Might want to confirm that with Radisa, he had to get me a special build because the update wasn't working with the hp 310 printers.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Mind asking him how I can find the Service Maintenance Kit life remaining? There is a user maintenance kit, which is the bin in front of the printer. But there are also 3 SERVICE maintenance kits which they don't tell you about when buying the printer that involve having a tech replace a bunch of stuff, and is not covered under warranty.

Not sure if yours is the same, but Web access for 260 looks like this...click down at the bottom and the Maintenance Kit usages are at the bottom of that page.

Attachments

• click.jpg
    click.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 154

astraios

As HP said in their announcement, caldera supports continuous printing from 10.2.

I am running Caldera 10.2 but continuous printing option is still not enabled. Our rep is still investigating this and I will post as soon as I get some news.

iladi

HP 310 here on Flexi 2324 with drivers from post #47

Continuous print is working OK, but you cannot see on the printer the remaining time of the job.

dypinc

HP 310 here on Flexi 2324 with drivers from post #47

Continuous print is working OK, but you cannot see on the printer the remaining time of the job.

I am seeing the same thing. Which firmware do you have. I have not loaded the latest firmware (NEXUS_01_10_01.2) so I don't know if that will make any difference.

TomK

I am seeing the same thing. Which firmware do you have. I have not loaded the latest firmware (NEXUS_01_10_01.2) so I don't know if that will make any difference.

Wow, another new firmware release...

Anyone load this yet? If so, feedback?

nate

I am running Caldera 10.2 but continuous printing option is still not enabled. Our rep is still investigating this and I will post as soon as I get some news.

You need driver version "c" from Caldera. Get it from the usernet.

astraios

You need driver version "c" from Caldera. Get it from the usernet.

Thanks ... works like a charm. This option is a real time-saver. I just don't understand why HP didn't enable this option from the start. Maybe they were trying to emphasize "smile" effect in every row/job of print and cut workflow. Must be managerial decision :banghead: