• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB700 Purchase

HulkSmash

Hey all,

Looks like our next buy is HP's FB700.
Any Cons about the machine that i should be weary about?
I know it's a solid machine with good versatility..
thanks again.

don't own one myself but i know acouple people who do......they say it is an awesome solid machine, and if i was in the flatbed market this would be right up there on my list, seen them in action, solid machines.

SignManiac

It's the new version of my FB950. So far, two and a half years running, it's been rock solid and a great machine for the money. If you do a lot of banners, spring for the roll to roll option.

cdiesel

I'm in the same boat as SignManiac. FB950 that runs quite a bit. One major issue that HP took almost two weeks to fix, I fixed at a local machine shop for $15.

I'd go with white, no Lc/Lm and leave it that way.

supersignmart

Fb700

We have 2 (FB950) and they run over 9 hours a day and have for more than 2 years with nearly no problems. As for banners, we have run over
100,000 square feet this year on them with no roll option. We load the banner material on the tables and go. We do plan on giving them a little rest starting next month as we have purchased the HP LX850.

HulkSmash

I'm in the same boat as SignManiac. FB950 that runs quite a bit. One major issue that HP took almost two weeks to fix, I fixed at a local machine shop for $15.

I'd go with white, no Lc/Lm and leave it that way.

Really? No lc or LM? how does that affect the color gamut.

ForgeInc

I would highly advise against leaving the white in the machine, unless you do a ton of white printing. You don't get nearly the gamut as with 6 color, plus it cleans way more often w/white.

We were initially very happy with ours, but in the last few weeks have had the tech out here for hours on end trying to fix a myriad of issues, mostly with heads dropping out in the middle of prints, causing random banding. We nearly missed a huge deadline this week due to this, incurring plenty of overtime along with about 40% waste due to bad prints. Our tech is scheduled for Wed to hopefully fix the thing, I'll keep ya posted.

All in all, when the thing runs it prints beautifully if slightly slow. Not sure if ours is a lemon or what, but we've had some serious reliability issues with it while running it hard for the past 6 months or so.

As of now, I would say it's still a solid purchase but if you don't have the ability to have someone local fix it if down, instead having to wait for someone to travel to ya I'd ask plenty of questions prior to pulling the trigger.

Hzone15

Go with Advantage Sign for a quote. I too agree with Matt M, how can Big Fish sit here telling everyone he is an HP dealer when in reality he is working as a middle man for a dealer out west. They are most likely spiffing him on the side and taking money out of your pocket.

Cut out the middle man!

Matt good to see you in New Orleans a few weeks ago.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Go with Advantage Sign for a quote. I too agree with Matt M, how can Big Fish sit here telling everyone he is an HP dealer when in reality he is working as a middle man for a dealer out west. They are most likely spiffing him on the side and taking money out of your pocket.

Cut out the middle man!

Matt good to see you in New Orleans a few weeks ago.

I work for 3 of the BIGGEST HP DEALERS IN THIS MARKET, dont get upset because I can make better offers then you can.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
BigFish- how can you sell a HP Scitex when you aren't a HP dealer?? doesn't sound very legit to me...

You dont know who I work for so why would you make such a lame comment? Dont start with me because if you think I am a pain now wait till you get on my bad side.

I market myself not a specific company even though I work for multiple companies and I take it back I work with 4 of the biggest HP dealers in this market and they 2 of them are international so I can sell HP to anyone in the US or Canada. :thumb:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
BigFish- how can you sell a HP Scitex when you aren't a HP dealer?? doesn't sound very legit to me...

Its real simple Molengeek, I have been doing this longer then you and I more relationships with HP dealers then you do. I can sell anything you can sell. Go cry to HP some more please, I really enjoy taking their phone calls.