• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB700 Purchase

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Molengeek and HZONE you have a combined post count of like 100 and you have been members on here for 5 years now, I feel like I am a very ACTIVE contributing member on here so for you to get your panties all tied up because I can give someone a LEGITIMATE HP SCITEX quote is redonculous!

HulkSmash

I'm just going to say you both give good service. I've bought a bunch from big fish, and I've talked to Matt. Thanks both of you for good service.

particleman

We've been running our 500 since Feb very hard and overall are pretty happy with it. One issue that has really stood out and could in fact be ForgeInc's Issue, it has to do with the ink system. There is a thermistor that sits in the ink reservior in the carriage, one for each head. We have found since owning the machine that these can be flaky. They are easy to change and a pretty small part. The thermistor basically detects if ink is in the reservior. When it doesn't work right the ink pump doesn't know to pump ink to the reservior so the head runs out of ink. We've went through 2 or 3 since having the machine, the first time pinning the issue down was a real pain.

HP has not let us down yet as far as getting parts and people out to fix issues when they do come up. If they know you are down they try to get something going (as far as our experience has been).

My biggest gripe with the machine is the ink boxes and profiler chips. We've had a chip or two that just didn't work and put is in a bind basically with a good box of ink and a little chip that prevented us from using it. The profilers count down your ink use and tell you when you "should" be low on ink, but in reality we've had a LOT of ink left in the box. We try to crack the box open and watch till actually gets really low then swap out. Of course the whole system is created so you can't use 3rd party ink.

ForgeInc

One issue that has really stood out and could in fact be ForgeInc's Issue, it has to do with the ink system. There is a thermistor that sits in the ink reservior in the carriage, one for each head. We have found since owning the machine that these can be flaky. They are easy to change and a pretty small part. The thermistor basically detects if ink is in the reservior. When it doesn't work right the ink pump doesn't know to pump ink to the reservior so the head runs out of ink. We've went through 2 or 3 since having the machine, the first time pinning the issue down was a real pain. .

Yeah, the last time our tech was out I know he replaced those, sure am hoping they don't go out every other week or so. Guess we'll see tomorrow what this latest issue is.

particleman

Yeah, the last time our tech was out I know he replaced those, sure am hoping they don't go out every other week or so. Guess we'll see tomorrow what this latest issue is.

We went through two pretty quickly a few months ago. I think a batch of ink had something to do with it though. The last one to come out had some build up on it and created a coating on the little glass bulb on the sensor. Frustrating though, I'd be interested to hear what the issue was.

Molenbeek

Hzone- Great seeing you again too! Let me know how ever I can help.

Adam- thanks for the opportunity but honestly I have no interest in competing with someone trying to lose money. My company and I need to make a dollar like everyone else does.

Thanks

matt

parrott

Has anybody printed any 8' wide banner material on this machine? If so, how well does it work? I have seen it print 54" material, but was wondering if there were any issues with the wider material.

supersignmart

Has anybody printed any 8' wide banner material on this machine? If so, how well does it work? I have seen it print 54" material, but was wondering if there were any issues with the wider material.

I really shouldn't offer a Vol fan any good information but what the heck,
we run 8' material all the time on ours and haven't had any problems. We
don't have the roll option so it does take a little more effort but still no
problems. Tell Dooley I said hi!
GEAUX LSU!!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Color..... these guys just got you a better deal.... I think they're all in cahoots with each other.

:ROFLMAO:​

Go get'em Fish.... you da man !! :thumb:

HulkSmash

Adam- thanks for the opportunity but honestly I have no interest in competing with someone trying to lose money. My company and I need to make a dollar like everyone else does.

Thanks

matt

You serious right now? That's sad..
So you're not sending me a quote..? Not sure you're representing your company the right way at the moment.. but that's cool i guess.
I'm the type of buyer who spends more for better service. I spent more on my current latex because the company i got it from could install it faster, then the company who sold it for a cheaper price. And they had a better and local tech. I spend almost 100 bucks more for a set of 3m cast vinyl and lam from grimco, because they have far better service then fellers. I hate buying from fellers...

so... yeah... your loss i guess

Molenbeek

Hi Adam,
Thanks for the reply- I would be happy to assist you in any way as we always discussed. Quoting you now for a printer you are looking to buy in January doesn't do any good for anyone, as we know HP likes to change their programs every month. When it gets closer and you know exactly the options you are after- let me know.
We are one of the largest HP dealers for a reason, and that is support. We stand behind everything we sell and try to make everyone happy.

I look forward to hearing from you when you get closer to a purchase as anything I quote now won't be any good next year.

Thanks

Matt

HulkSmash

Hi Adam,
Thanks for the reply- I would be happy to assist you in any way as we always discussed. Quoting you now for a printer you are looking to buy in January doesn't do any good for anyone, as we know HP likes to change their programs every month. When it gets closer and you know exactly the options you are after- let me know.
We are one of the largest HP dealers for a reason, and that is support. We stand behind everything we sell and try to make everyone happy.

I look forward to hearing from you when you get closer to a purchase as anything I quote now won't be any good next year.

Thanks

Matt

Matt,
I'm paying cash for the printer.
If it's a good price i'm buying it tomorrow.
Planning starts NOW...I'm not waiting until the week before to do that... That's not how i work
when i'm going to be spending over 100,000.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi Adam,

Thanks

Matt

:ROFLMAO: Thats funny, next year is in like a month so I cant imagine HP changing their price that drastically that you couldnt even get him a quote thats valid for 60 days. Worst case scenario is that HP reduces the price and you can go back and lower your original quote. But I guess thats just how us "Middle Men" do it.