• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 & Onyx x10 problems

RobbyMac

Prints great (colorwise). I will play with backing down the heat.
It's not like, wrinkling... but theres a noticeable 'waveiness' in the material after its finished printing.

RobbyMac

hmmm... after some searching, we did use the intelicoat profile originally.
Magiclee SBL-7 backlit film.
We used the SBL-7 profile from MagicInkJet.com website.

It was 12pass
131f dry
221f cure
40 airflow

Attached are two images where I am trying to show the edge of the material and warping I mean. The right image (warped) shows the hp print, the left shows the flat mimaki print. Blacks are richer on the hp, and is the print we prefer.
When it's lit, you don't notice any waving in the film... but it kinda looks like ass unlit and would prefer not to send it out this way.

I will try lowering temps I guess

Attachments

• mimaki.jpg
    mimaki.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 126
  • hp.jpg
    hp.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 114

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a much better backlit film for the latex if you guys wanna try a new product, you wont be dissapointed.

RobbyMac

PM me the info, and I will pass it on to our purchasing guy.
This was a sample roll we obtained... We havent done much film before, and our owner mentioned that we might try some other films instead. Usually we print on white or clear and apply to a rigid substrate. So this 'backlit film' area is sorta new to us.

RobbyMac

...in case anyone was following along. We resolved the backlit film wrinkle issue. We purchased and tried hp's backlit film. It is very similar, but the texture seems a bit rougher than the magiclee films.
It warped from the drying temps more than the magiclee, but was resolved by reducing heat. In fact, we went to the lowest temps possible in hp's profile. 104 deg, and 140 deg. ink dried fine, and no warpage.
Because both the magiclee and hp profiles were very similar in 'stock' temparatures, I am assuming similar results would be had with the magiclee film (reducing the heat alot), but we have not done fine tuning on that profile yet.

CaBOoSE

We recently picked up this 60" HP printer, and our distributor recommended Onyx.

So far we've had alot of problems, and everyone we've talked to seems to be stumped. Has anyone else had these problems or have possible solutions?

1) About half the time a print will end up negative image (sorta). Whites print black, and all other colors have a tint of black added to them. This occurs whether we print directly our of an application, or through pre-flight/rip. It appears to happen only with vector art. That is to say we have not experienced it happening when opening a .tif or .jpg through pre-flight.

I may be late to the party (As I just stumbled on this site) but the negative images are usually due to 16-bit processing of the file... we reduced to 8-bit processing, and it seems to work fine now....

RobbyMac

The Onyx update fixed this issue a while back...
for the most part, this thing is running and making profit...

Ran into a small issue with a whole lot of bangin going on during warm-up...
Turned out to be the pads on either side of the printhead carriage were all gunked up with ink... Removed them, soaked/cleaned with alcohol, and re-oiled/re-installed. It seems to have worked...
I didn't think it would (we had oiled the rails recently). I figured if it was an issue with the pads, it'd be making the same banging/smacking/clonking noises all of the time, and not just during warm-up... but a google search found someone with a similar issue that was resolved, and I figured I had nothing to lose by trying it...

Suz

Robby, this just made me laugh! Banging smacking and clonking sounds like a weird dance, or maybe a flock of geese flying overhead, haha! But yes, I know what you mean. Have heard those noises from my printer and must try doing what you did to fix. Thanks for posting! :)

The Onyx update fixed this issue a while back...
for the most part, this thing is running and making profit...

Ran into a small issue with a whole lot of bangin going on ......banging/smacking/clonking noises all of the time, and not just during warm-up...