• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 problems continue

Typestries

Have you yet loaded another media such as 3651 and done a test print from the front panel or the rip. You still need to rule the media out.

Then you need to rule out the heaters.

yamaha581

Have you yet loaded another media such as 3651 and done a test print from the front panel or the rip. You still need to rule the media out.

Then you need to rule out the heaters.

Yes we have used a couple different materials and each time the test prints come out looking the same as that.

Typestries

I'd start looking at your heaters.
Double check the breakers in the back
Send a print, and open the lid, check the print zone temp with an IR temp gun, it should match your settings.

Report back

yamaha581

Send a print, and open the lid, check the print zone temp with an IR temp gun, it should match your settings.

Report back

Thank you. I will go ahead and try that out and see what I come up with. I also am about to post a picture of a print we just did and you will see how it is pretty blurry and the colors aren't matching up.

yamaha581

attachment.php
attachment.php

These are printed with the profile from the company that supplies us with the vinyl that they say is for this printer. We have not really had any problems like I said up until now. As you can see the red is supposed to be against the black without anything in between but there is the white line showing up that is not printing very well.

yamaha581

Report back

Where should we point the laser at to check the temp when we open the window. We opened the window and pointed it at the heater that flips up and that was definitely working. It was above 300 degrees F from what that said. I just wanted to make sure we check all the correct places.

Thanks!

Dennis422

Did you try changing the ink cartridge? It looks it is only issue between black and red, but nothing round the purple letters. Maybe one of the cartridges has expired or a faulty ink.

Just thinking out loud :smile:

yamaha581

Did you try changing the ink cartridge? It looks it is only issue between black and red, but nothing round the purple letters. Maybe one of the cartridges has expired or a faulty ink.

Just thinking out loud :smile:

This ink is fairly new. We have been using it for a little before we had this problem. I wish it was only that simple. lol I did have a question. If the printer said that it had overheated and that y/k print head was bad but we let it cool down and it accepted that head would it cause that print head to not print as well even if it did accept it?

The definitive test print for printheads is the Nozzle Test Print. It has been several years now since I have used an L25, but as I recall, it is:

Ink Menu > Image Quality Maintenance > Clean Printheads > Test Print.

This will show you what every nozzle is doing (firing or not), all 12,000+ of them. With any printer, this is always the starting place when it comes to printhead and nozzle performance. Based on the fact that you are now mentioning that a heater-related error (overheating) occurred, my thoughts tend to think that there may be an issue with the print heater system on this machine.

How many feet/ meters have been printed on this device in it's history (you can get this from the EWS interface).

yamaha581

The definitive test print for printheads is the Nozzle Test Print. It has been several years now since I have used an L25, but as I recall, it is:

This will show you what every nozzle is doing (firing or not), all 12,000+ of them. With any printer, this is always the starting place when it comes to printhead and nozzle performance. Based on the fact that you are now mentioning that a heater-related error (overheating) occurred, my thoughts tend to think that there may be an issue with the print heater system on this machine.

How many feet/ meters have been printed on this device in it's history (you can get this from the EWS interface).

I will go ahead and try that now and see how it turns out. I just checked on the printing history and it has 14,000 ft for the substrate usage.

We had bought this used and it was working great at first up until now so I am not sure if that is a lot of printing or not. We have used it quite a bit though

yamaha581

Here is what the test print looks like. I do not think that the pink box is supposed to be there. I looked it up online and it was supposed to be yellow from what I could see.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Asuma01

The pink box isnt an error. It prints light magenta around the yellow lines so you can see it easier. If it didnt the yellow lines would be almost impossible to see.

yamaha581

Ok so we are pretty much back to not knowing where to go next since it is nothing to do with the print heads and we checked the heat with the IR sensor and it all checked out.

Asuma01

I havnt read every post so forgive me if someone already asked this.
Have you been in contact with HP support? They are usually pretty helpful.

yamaha581

I havnt read every post so forgive me if someone already asked this.
Have you been in contact with HP support? They are usually pretty helpful.

Yes we have actually called them a couple of times and they have not really been able to say much. I'm sure without actually being here it would be hard to help out much though.

dypinc

I think I would start looking at the RIP.

Reinstall it on a Laptop of other box and at least eliminate it as the problem.

dypinc

We are using the rip for our L26500 as well and that printer is working with no problems.

But it uses different driver and configuration files for each printer. Something could be corrupted.

I can't remember anymore what test files are in the printer but you could try printing those and see if they print correctly.

yamaha581

But it uses different driver and configuration files for each printer. Something could be corrupted.

I can't remember anymore what test files are in the printer but you could try printing those and see if they print correctly.

Let me double check on those. I believe we have done every test print in the printer and they have all worked. We have it to the point to where it is ready to print and we send the print over and before it even starts printing it says replace Y+K print head so I don't think that would have anything to do with the rip.