• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 problems continue

JasonMeisnerSTS

Possible Issue?

From My experience with this, you may need to change some of the print heads, purge your lines, and then draw new ink from the cartridge. I know it is assumed you are using OEM ink but i have to ask.

JasonMeisnerSTS

purge

i would grab a syringe and pull ink and see if you have air bubbles in the syringe when you pull or if it is flowing properly.

dypinc

Let me double check on those. I believe we have done every test print in the printer and they have all worked. We have it to the point to where it is ready to print and we send the print over and before it even starts printing it says replace Y+K print head so I don't think that would have anything to do with the rip.

So are you saying that when you print the internal prints you don't get the "replace Y+K print head" error?

yamaha581

So are you saying that when you print the internal prints you don't get the "replace Y+K print head" error?

Yes that is correct. Out of any of the prints we have done from the printer we have not had any problems. Since we have tried any of our regular jobs it either prints for a while and says replace print head or it says replace print head before it goes to print.

dypinc

Yes that is correct. Out of any of the prints we have done from the printer we have not had any problems. Since we have tried any of our regular jobs it either prints for a while and says replace print head or it says replace print head before it goes to print.

That could point to a software error on the RIP or a communications hardware error either before the printer or in communication stream of the printer. I would reseat all cables for a start, both internal and external.

JasonMeisnerSTS

HP Print Heads

just remember the print heads are consumables.. how many ML have you used on the BK/Y head? you can check in the menu. if more than 3000ml, i would change and see if problem goes away. if it doesnt, you may have air in the lines and i would draw ink with a syringe

yamaha581

just remember the print heads are consumables.. how many ML have you used on the BK/Y head? you can check in the menu. if more than 3000ml, i would change and see if problem goes away. if it doesnt, you may have air in the lines and i would draw ink with a syringe

These are all brand new print heads. None of them have even 30 minutes total print time on them.

yamaha581

That could point to a software error on the RIP or a communications hardware error either before the printer or in communication stream of the printer. I would reseat all cables for a start, both internal and external.

Thank you! i will go ahead and try that.

yamaha581

Ok so we loaded regular paper into the printer instead of the vinyl and it printed out the full print which is about 4' long with no problems and the color was perfect. After that we printed a print on the vinyl like we always use and it was still blurry like it had been in the pictures we posted before. One thing that may be possible is the guy that I work with for some reason tries to save money on everything and he bought remanufactured HP ink. I am not sure if anyone has used that before but could that possibly be the problem with why it is printing blurry?

Asuma01

Dont go 3rd party on latex inks.. Way too risky imo. It also negates the warrantly on your print heads. And as you can see the quality is garbage.

Suz

Yamaha,

Sorry for your troubles. I was wondering if you have been printing with just the black remanufactured ink, or do you have all the color slots loaded with the remanufactured inks?

I do recall reading somewhere on this site where another L25500 Owner canned all the remanufactured inks, and then posted he's no longer having issues, all is well. But I think he said he had to replace a couple sets of print heads.

Hopefully you don't lose too much with this experiment. Truly wishing you the best outcome! It's not cheap replacing everythin at once, I'm sure!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Is it KAS or SAM INKS... if so we had the same issue. It bonds well to uncoated papers but not anything that has a solvent receptive coating. I bet if you switch all HP inks in and run cleaning passes 4-6 times it will flush the crap out and your inks will return to normal. Also if your partner put third party inks in after OEMs that could explain some why it just appeared.

Other food for thought, there is no media on the planet that we have found that needs 230 degrees of cure... almost everything we run is 205 or less and only one material I have needs 210. Also on the drying 130 - 140 is typically sufficient.

yamaha581

Yamaha,

Sorry for your troubles. I was wondering if you have been printing with just the black remanufactured ink, or do you have all the color slots loaded with the remanufactured inks?

I do recall reading somewhere on this site where another L25500 Owner canned all the remanufactured inks, and then posted he's no longer having issues, all is well. But I think he said he had to replace a couple sets of print heads.

Hopefully you don't lose too much with this experiment. Truly wishing you the best outcome! It's not cheap replacing everythin at once, I'm sure!

We had the black, cyan, light cyan and magenta all as the remanufactured ink. It seems like it is printing a lot better now so I am hoping that we do not have to replace the print heads since we had went out and bought all new ones thinking that was the problem. It has definitely been an expensive mistake from trying to just save a few bucks on ink. lesson learned! lol

yamaha581

Is it KAS or SAM INKS... if so we had the same issue. It bonds well to uncoated papers but not anything that has a solvent receptive coating. I bet if you switch all HP inks in and run cleaning passes 4-6 times it will flush the crap out and your inks will return to normal. Also if your partner put third party inks in after OEMs that could explain some why it just appeared.

Other food for thought, there is no media on the planet that we have found that needs 230 degrees of cure... almost everything we run is 205 or less and only one material I have needs 210. Also on the drying 130 - 140 is typically sufficient.

I am not sure what the ink was but it was from Sun data supply. All it says is that it is remanufactured ink. We have changed the ink out and it has been a lot better since then.

Those were just the settings on the profile for the media. We did lower the temps to around what you have listed and have not had any problems with it cancelling the prints since we have done that. It actually seems like it is drying the media the whole way across where as before it would leave the left side a little wet on the black areas.

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you have issues at high heat but it gets better with reduced temps, that is a strong sign your heater or temp regulator is going out.

I'm glad it was just ink and your curing is getting better.

Suz

Yamaha,

Glad to hear it's printing better now. Thanks for answering question on which color(s) of remanufactured ink you used. This is so helpful to know. Looking at your print tests, I was thinking that the black looked weird, but the red did too. Just couldn't tell if the black was creeping into the red, or the other way around. But you ay that the magenta was remanufactured ink too, so it must have been both.

Although it's unfortunate that it cost so much for you, it's very helpful that you posted this information here. I'd thought about using remanufactured inks, but haven't done it because of the posts I read here from those that did. Things slow down for my business in the winter months, so those are the times I've been most tempted to use remanufacted ink, but for sure won't do it based on the info you have provided, and what others have provided. You saved all us thrifty people some money, that is for sure.

Do you mind saying what brand of remanufactured ink you used? Also, did you go back to OEM/HP Inks? Or, do you plan to use up the rest of the remanufactured inks with the new print heads? One more question: Do you plan to see what the ink manufacturer can do to fix the problems you have had, or will they compensate you for your loss? If so, I'd let them know how much material you lost as well. The product seems inferior, wish they would not market it if it hoses up our machines. I think they are responsible in some way, don't you? I know that HP will say you are on your own with this one, and your machine is probably out of warranttee. Being the 2nd owner of the machine (I think you mentioned this), I'm sure you don't expect HP to do much about it, especially since it is not their ink. However, the Company that sold you the remanufactured ink should carry some responsibility. They are taking your money and saying their product works, and clearly it does not. Just something to think about. What a headache!

Please keep us posted. Best of luck to you!
----------------------------------------------------------

We had the black, cyan, light cyan and magenta all as the remanufactured ink. It seems like it is printing a lot better now so I am hoping that we do not have to replace the print heads since we had went out and bought all new ones thinking that was the problem. It has definitely been an expensive mistake from trying to just save a few bucks on ink. lesson learned! lol

Suz

Oh sorry, didn't see this post. You do say where you got the ink and that you removed it from your machine. Good!

I am not sure what the ink was but it was from Sun data supply. All it says is that it is remanufactured ink. We have changed the ink out and it has been a lot better since then.

Those were just the settings on the profile for the media. We did lower the temps to around what you have listed and have not had any problems with it cancelling the prints since we have done that. It actually seems like it is drying the media the whole way across where as before it would leave the left side a little wet on the black areas.

yamaha581

Yamaha,

Glad to hear it's printing better now. Thanks for answering question on which color(s) of remanufactured ink you used. This is so helpful to know. Looking at your print tests, I was thinking that the black looked weird, but the red did too. Just couldn't tell if the black was creeping into the red, or the other way around. But you ay that the magenta was remanufactured ink too, so it must have been both.

Although it's unfortunate that it cost so much for you, it's very helpful that you posted this information here. I'd thought about using remanufactured inks, but haven't done it because of the posts I read here from those that did. Things slow down for my business in the winter months, so those are the times I've been most tempted to use remanufacted ink, but for sure won't do it based on the info you have provided, and what others have provided. You saved all us thrifty people some money, that is for sure.

Do you mind saying what brand of remanufactured ink you used? Also, did you go back to OEM/HP Inks? Or, do you plan to use up the rest of the remanufactured inks with the new print heads? One more question: Do you plan to see what the ink manufacturer can do to fix the problems you have had, or will they compensate you for your loss? If so, I'd let them know how much material you lost as well. The product seems inferior, wish they would not market it if it hoses up our machines. I think they are responsible in some way, don't you? I know that HP will say you are on your own with this one, and your machine is probably out of warranttee. Being the 2nd owner of the machine (I think you mentioned this), I'm sure you don't expect HP to do much about it, especially since it is not their ink. However, the Company that sold you the remanufactured ink should carry some responsibility. They are taking your money and saying their product works, and clearly it does not. Just something to think about. What a headache!

Please keep us posted. Best of luck to you!
----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not getting back, We have been trying to do a hundred things to get caught up and back on schedule. lol. We did end up getting the money back for two sets of ink. I am trying to figure out where I got the other one because it looks like it is the same but I can't find the receipt for that one, naturally lol. I didn't even think about saying about wasted materials so I am hoping I can find this receipt for the last one and say that to them and see what they would be able to do. The guy had told us that they rarely have issues with it but he refunded me without me even saying about a refund so that just tells me that this isn't something that is uncommon for them to hear about.

Suz

Yamaha,

No problem, I understand how busy you are. I have gone through problems with my machine, but mine were due to just the basic stuff most L25500 owners have had. Heads drying up because of too short of wait before shut off, and bad substrates, such fun! Hey, I did read the guarantee on the Seller's website you mentioned. You might wanna read that again, they seem to have a pretty good policy. Glad to hear they did refund you for your inks with no troubles.