• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp l360

InventiveGraphics

Could this be a good choice for a first printer?

Hello everyone,

I am at a point where I keep on getting more orders for full vehicle wraps.
My first choice was Roland XR-640 because it has a plotter. ($29,995 -$4,000 rebate)

I just love the superior quality of prints on the HP330. Its a lot cheaper than the Roland.

Do you guys got your prices per sq/ft figured out? Just would like to know the bottom line price for print. I pay $4.25sq/ft on 3M products.

Thanks for your time.

AF

The chinyl / liqui-lam guys around here are $3 a square installed. The product looks like hell after 6 months but they get the volume and fleet contracts.

RWalter

HP360 Latex - Color Consistency

For those of you who have HP360 Latex printers our biggest issue is color consistency. We match a color one day, send the proof to the customer, and even as soon as the next day we print that actual job and the color doesn't match to the proof. We run the calibration routine regularly and save the colors in the color library. And we're not talking from printer to printer (we have three of these) but on the same printer. It is big workflow issue and needless to say very inefficient.

dypinc

For those of you who have HP360 Latex printers our biggest issue is color consistency. We match a color one day, send the proof to the customer, and even as soon as the next day we print that actual job and the color doesn't match to the proof. We run the calibration routine regularly and save the colors in the color library. And we're not talking from printer to printer (we have three of these) but on the same printer. It is big workflow issue and needless to say very inefficient.

I am assuming you have the latest firmware on the printers?

Did you reset the calibration and make a new profile after updating to the latest firmware?

I have been doing this for all media and am keeping a very close eye on color consistency.

Morkel

Feel free to join me over here and let me know if your issue is the same as mine:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?128041-Latex-360-color-consistency-is-not-there

Last edited:

greysquirrel

MAP pricing on every new HP latex...supposed to be that way with consumables as well...110,310,330,360 and 370. 370 is $18995 but you will need a rip...110, 310 and 330 will ship with a "softer" version of Flexi that can be upgraded...

cost per sq' (factors in print heads, ink cartridges and maintenance cartridge) is $.20-$.23 /sq'...L110 is $.23-$.25/sq' (only uses 400ml ink cartridges)

The series is solid hence the addition of the end user installable L110...which is the L310 with smaller cartridges and TUR optional. HP is giving Roland a run for the money in terms of online info/videos on YouTube and HP's website.

RWalter

I am assuming you have the latest firmware on the printers?

Did you reset the calibration and make a new profile after updating to the latest firmware?

I have been doing this for all media and am keeping a very close eye on color consistency.

We have the latest firmware and have reset the calibration which we do quite often but I'm not sure we've made new profiles. However, why would get a different color just the next day. It's not so much what colors we are getting but that they aren't consistent.