• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp l360

Ditchmiester

Just looked at these at ISA and man it looks like they have made some super improvements. Saying it is twice as fast as the L260 and the heat up time is down to around a minute and a half. If this is true it might be worth the upgrade. What do you guys think?

That is consistent with my findings with the Latex 360 machine. From a cold start (sleep mode) the warm-up is 90 seconds until the ink starts to jet. On the Latex 260, it is between 9 and 10 minutes from sleep state. 90 seconds is faster than my solvent machine's warm up time from a cold start.

Print speed is dependent on the pass count and media family being used, but it is safe to say that the 360 is at least twice as fast, and as much as 3x as fast as the 260. I have produced output at 334 sfph using a 600dpi four-pass mode on calendered vinyl, which will produce image quality suitable from about 6 foot view distance.

The differences between the original L25500 and L26500 were relatively minor (ink changes, adding 1 inch), but the improvements coming with the new HP Latex 360 are huge. It is now a full 64 inch printer, consistent with machines from Seiko, Roland, Mutoh, and Mimaki.

C

ColoPrinthead

Does anyone here have a ball park figure for cost on these?

Typestries

$19k early adopter right here. Super stoked on the improvements and should lessen the burden on our L255 fleet. I guess they got the Signs101 memo on the LED's under the hood LOL.

C

ColoPrinthead

Thanks. We are looking at adding another 26500 and I would love to have the extra speed. Not thrilled at the idea of having to carry another ink set though.

ProColorGraphics

I'm seriously considering one too. I have a L26500 and a L26100 with a take up. I'd be open to selling one if anyone is interested. I'd have to sell one first to make room. There's no way I could fit another printer in my shop.

I like them both, so selling either one is an option. The warranty is a little longer on the L26100 though.

jasonx

That is consistent with my findings with the Latex 360 machine. From a cold start (sleep mode) the warm-up is 90 seconds until the ink starts to jet. On the Latex 260, it is between 9 and 10 minutes from sleep state. 90 seconds is faster than my solvent machine's warm up time from a cold start.

Print speed is dependent on the pass count and media family being used, but it is safe to say that the 360 is at least twice as fast, and as much as 3x as fast as the 260. I have produced output at 334 sfph using a 600dpi four-pass mode on calendered vinyl, which will produce image quality suitable from about 6 foot view distance.

The differences between the original L25500 and L26500 were relatively minor (ink changes, adding 1 inch), but the improvements coming with the new HP Latex 360 are huge. It is now a full 64 inch printer, consistent with machines from Seiko, Roland, Mutoh, and Mimaki.

Is the speed double for like to like mode? or is the speed achieved using a faster mode which achieves comparable quality?

We generally print at 10p mode. Is the newer model twice as fast in this mode?

ProColorGraphics

The HP video I watched said that it can print faster using the same amount of power as a L260, or the same speed using a lot less power. Not sure how all that translates, but it looked the ink optimizer helps that a lot.

jasonx

The HP video I watched said that it can print faster using the same amount of power as a L260, or the same speed using a lot less power. Not sure how all that translates, but it looked the ink optimizer helps that a lot.

Yeh seems odd because they also state the curing temperature with the new inks is down to 80 degrees versus 110 degrees. So not sure what they mean by the same power.

The spec sheet states it requires the same power outlets as the previous models.

Is the speed double for like to like mode? or is the speed achieved using a faster mode which achieves comparable quality?

We generally print at 10p mode. Is the newer model twice as fast in this mode?

It is a combination of 50 percent faster carriage travel, lower pass counts, less heat in the print zone. This is due to the optimizer in the ink set.

FrankW

For my opinion interesting too: the improved scratch resistance (they say about hard solvent level) and the new curing system which will not stress the media so much anymore. And more heat stable print heads to print with more color consistency. This will solve some other problems too.

We have got our Latex 360 Demo-Unit (we are dealers) wednesday, but without ink :( . I hope the ink will arrive today.

Also interesting: there are three models, for example a cheap 54" with the printing speed around the Latex 260, but with the improvements of inks and curing too.

For technical Details you can have a look on this video (around 15 Minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60kUgPLbc64

jasonx

For my opinion interesting too: the improved scratch resistance (they say about hard solvent level) and the new curing system which will not stress the media so much anymore. And more heat stable print heads to print with more color consistency. This will solve some other problems too.

We have got our Latex 360 Demo-Unit (we are dealers) wednesday, but without ink :( . I hope the ink will arrive today.

Also interesting: there are three models, for example a cheap 54" with the printing speed around the Latex 260, but with the improvements of inks and curing too.

For technical Details you can have a look on this video (around 15 Minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60kUgPLbc64

Awesome video. Looks like we'll be replacing our two older L25500's with one of these.

KevSign

We are using all HP Printers: LX850, 2 L28500, 1 L25500 (Replace with Latex 360), FB500.

I call vendor at ISA they are getting 2 demos and 1 of this for us.

neil_se

Wow, there's some impressive upgrades in the new generation. There's nothing wrong with my current printers but I'm going to have to find an excuse to upgrade.

Asuma01

Wow Im impressed! And also a little sad that we JUST got a HP 260 in January. Its great printer. Good to see the innovations coming fast from HP!
and built in ICC profile creation and built in color correction? That sounds amazing. Printing just gets easier and easier.