• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp l360

MikePro

Very impressed as well. Print speed is mainly increased by diminished warm-up time. Instead of a gigantic print heater, there's a smaller heater right on the printheads carriage and the new ink set doesn't require nearly as much juice to
cure.
Added note, 3rd party ink for the 26500 (STS) is out and impressive as well. $80 vs $150 per cart, and no noticeable difference.

Biker Scout

I feel bad for Kyle at HP. Was he the only one who spoke english as a first language? (Thanks for the subtitles) :ROFLMAO:

I feel bad for Kyle at HP. Was he the only one who spoke english as a first language? (Thanks for the subtitles) :ROFLMAO:

The print groups within HP have facilities throughout the world. The HP latex inks and printheads are engineered in the USA, the Latex printers are engineered in Barcelona Spain, and printer manufacturing is done in Singapore.

Biker Scout

I realize that HP is a world conglomerate. Which is what makes their ink gouging that much more ridiculous. They source and scour the planet for the cheapest labor, lowest bidder and have incompetent engineers. All of their best engineers came on board with the companies they absorbed, then slowly left after their ND & NC contracts were up. (Indigo, Scitex, ColorSpan, et al)

I love the new "Ink Optimizer" cartridge that you have to buy!

jasonx

I realize that HP is a world conglomerate. Which is what makes their ink gouging that much more ridiculous. They source and scour the planet for the cheapest labor, lowest bidder and have incompetent engineers. All of their best engineers came on board with the companies they absorbed, then slowly left after their ND & NC contracts were up. (Indigo, Scitex, ColorSpan, et al)

For us and our fleet of smaller Latex printers the support has been second to none PERIOD. Next business day support in over 90% of cases we've had to log. The technicians have always been excellent.

In terms of scitex etc we have had some issues but not around the technicians themselves. They regard parts availability for warranty issues.

Anyways we digress HP smaller Latex machines are the best in the business in terms of return on investment.

FrankW

I realize that HP is a world conglomerate. Which is what makes their ink gouging that much more ridiculous. They source and scour the planet for the cheapest labor, lowest bidder and have incompetent engineers.

They sell their products all over the world, why shouldn't they work all over the world?

You can choose not to use it. But in that case you will not have speed advantages.

chafro

If you have the work HP latex printers are probably the best investment out there. They are so cheap for the amount of output they can give with a impressive quality. The support has been good also.

we have made great business with our two L26500 and our LX850.

we pushed the small ones very hard before we had the LX850 and they really impressed me, 24-7 printing for sometimes months and no problems. We left them over night unattended printing complete rolls.

Our LX850 has been printing none stop 24/7 for the past 7 months. 4 days of down time. The printer has paid itself maybe 5-6 times over in less than a year.

FrankW

First tests done.

Scratch Resistance: very high. Can't be damaged for example with a plastic squeege and high pressure.

Video: [video=youtube;45p8Lylv3rA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45p8Lylv3rA[/video]

Heating: from 40°C to 85°C in less than 40 Seconds.

Video: [video=youtube;S3oHJ9BsXHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3oHJ9BsXHw[/video]

Noise: Some new sounds, but less loud than with the old machines (except a few seconds at the end of the job). The old "beep" sound have been replaced by something with sounds like a door bell.

RIPping: Don't know what the printer does for job preparation, but it looks like that RIP-software haven't much to do with the new contone-printing: RIPping jobs only takes a few seconds. I have tried to create a video, but I had no chance to start the camera until Onyx have finished RIPping, also for a job of more than 6 square meters.

Bowing: around 1mm on blueback, no bowing on a monomeric vinyl.

Length accuracy: printing a job of more than 2 Meters on blueback with 3 tiles: the biggest difference between that tiles was 1mm (lower than HP have announced).

Color Calibration: There are currently (this saturday) more than 180 media profiles available for downloading them into the printer (3M, Avery, MacTac, Orafol and so on). Own profiling is easy with the 360. The RIP-Softwares synchronize the profiles automatically from the printer.

I have not done final tests about speed and color accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Knight1979

I have been reluctant to jump on the latex bandwagon all these years. I have stuck to my Roland guns for years, and years. This new printer has me SOLD. Is the 360 19k? Seriously?

FrankW

The prices I have posted are the prices HP have announced during dealer presentations a few weeks ago. And they match the prices we offer to our customers. 18'995 for the top model of the line would be very cheap. Remember that there are three new models between 54" and 64".

nate

No. $ 26'900 list price. The 310 is $ 15'500, the 330 $ 20'900 (all the same new ink and curing technology).
Maybe things are different where you are, but the 360 is being quoted as 19K MSRP, both by HP at the booth at ISA as well as my local dealer. It's a great price for a great machine.

FrankW

Strange, because the 360 should compet the Soljet XF-640 and XR-640, and this machines are much more expensive.

How much would a 310 cost where you are?

jasonx

Strange, because the 360 should compet the Soljet XF-640 and XR-640, and this machines are much more expensive.

How much would a 310 cost where you are?

We're 31k + Tax down here thats in AUD. Which is like 28k USD. Goes to show how much companies like ripping us off down here.

FrankW

We're 31k + Tax down here thats in AUD. Which is like 28k USD. Goes to show how much companies like ripping us off down here.

I have asked my HP sales contact here and he said he can't believe 19K. There are three different models, the 360 is the top version, with a list price of US$ 26'900. If the 360 costs 19K only, how much should then the 310?

morganq

I believe you will find that that quoted price in Australia is including a 3yr care pack and SMK, where as the US does not.

Thanks.

jasonx

I believe you will find that that quoted price in Australia is including a 3yr care pack and SMK, where as the US does not.

Thanks.

This was never the case with the L25500 and the L26500. It was one year and then you had to purchase the care pack yearly.

Has this changed with the newer model?