• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex Printer arrived today...

Suz

We had a little excitement as the trucking Company shipped with no liftgate when I paid for liftgate delivery. :Oops:they said. They'd have to bring it back to shipping center, then deliver another day with liftgate. I asked the driver to wait about 5 minutes while I went to see if I could find someone to help me. We got lucky, my friend/neighbor next door has a forklift and took it off the truck for me, no problem. I signed the paperwork and stated "liftgate missing" and that I was hiring forklift operator.

After we got it off the truck, I called my Dealer and asked him if he get a refund from the shipping Co. for liftgate payment and send that money to my friend who helpled, which he agreed to do. Check in the mail.

Once we got the thing inside, we had way too much fun playi'n with the box! Oh, you wanted to see the printer too, well okay.... gotta wait for those! Going crazy here, can't wait to fire it up! Gotta wait though, Electrical work is next!:rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• the box.jpg
    the box.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 140
  • box to playhouse.jpg
    box to playhouse.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 128
  • pitched roof box.jpg
    pitched roof box.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 130
  • first dude in.jpg
    first dude in.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 106
  • cardboard conference room.jpg
    cardboard conference room.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Suz

Thanks KevSign!
For starters, Onyx trial. Then, if we like it, we'll just plan on buying it.

Suz

KevSign,

Congrats to you too, by the way! Looks like you also purchased the same printer. What RIP did you end up with? Are you happy so far, or still shopping for a RIP that you will like?

Suz

Pat, thanks for the Congrats on the HP and Fort :thumb: for Grandkids. The three little ones are my daugter's kids. Daughter is also in the photos, she's the one carving out the box. I had so much fun photographing them at play and remember when my own (3) kids made a cardboard house out of the box my first screenprint machine came in. They did that in our backyard though and I think I was printing out of our garage then. But that was about 25 years ago, haha! My kids are all 29, 30, and 31 now. But I still get some big boxes filled with stuff I can use, haha!

Adrian, thanks for posting, yes I think my Grand kids are awesome too!!! So much fun, they make the best of everything! So cute, the triangle shape on the front of their cardboard shack says "clube house"...awh!!

Star Sign, good for you, you got one too!!! So happy to hear you are in love with your new machine. I cannot wait to get ours running some jobs. My Customers have been visiting to see what the heck got delivered and others already know. Some have orders pending, so much excitement!!!

KevSign

Suz, We already had one Latex over year and using Wasatch rip, the second coming with Caldera rip (because every one using and so far the best rip for color, work flow in the future), and we will driving 4 printers. The Wasatch we will keep for while transition with Caldera.

Dave Rowland

I have our latex on order, but we are wasatch based but its such a let down in some areas of the program. I have Onyx and Caldera trials on the way, however Onyx seems to be widely supported for profiles while Caldera is getting support 'here'.

be interesting side by side test as I am keen to have the right workflow rip.

ProColorGraphics

Caldera is AWESOME for color and everything. I too have also noticed that it seems that currently there is more profiles and users of Onyx. I have heard from everyone that they get better color from Caldera, so that is why I went with it. Plus the upgrades are way cheaper and you are not limited in ways you are with Onyx.

Suz

Kevsign, Thanks for clarifying you now have two Latex printers. I saw that you had the Digifab printer and that is one the intrigued me as I love to play with textiles. But, I went for practical. We love to sew around here, and design anything textile related, so at least we can do some stuff with leathers and fabrics on the Latex printers too. About RIPs, I’m going to be interested in what you have to say about the Caldera. Yes I agree, so many good things are said about it, but your platform would have to be Mac. I’m not a stranger to a Mac, but husband only knows PC’s. He is a PC Tech, so I have to think about that too.

Dave, very exciting that you have the Latex on order, you must be giddy! About Wasatch, yes, reviews on how it handles colors are really great. Overall though, not so good, like you said. You must have PC and Mac, so that is great you are going to compare Caldera and Onyx. I’m glad you mentioned you could get Caldera trial, just gives another option to try before you buy. Such a big expense!!

Matt, I’m glad to here “Awesome” on the Caldera. Cheaper upgrades are a real plus. But the initial outlay, is it comparable to Onyx? It is good to hear there are less limitations and sounds fairly easy to use. Thanks for your input!

Mosh

You know....I know nothing about latex printers, but Latex paint does not last worth a F#c&. I was lured into this hippie crap and started using laxtex paint on stuff about 5 years ago. Guess what, I have signs from 1990 using Empervo paint that look way better than a couple of crap things I busted out with laytex just 5 years back.

Stupid hippies, give me my Ronan with LEAD!!!! I think the Yellow still has it in it....

Suz

iSign, Thanks for the Congrats and compliments on the kids too. I love them! By the way, never heard back from that Company I was gonna check on to see about cost of upgrades. I wonder if my e-mail went to their spam filter or something weird like that. I tried! When I have more time…(?) Or if you have time, let me know what you find out.

Hello Mr. Mosh, Geesh! Laxtex (?) Now I understand the pottymouth! :clapping:
Sorry, just kiddin...

Suz

Electrician - Maybe Today! And updates on "The Fort"

Happy Monday!

Hopefully we will be able to get the (2) 20 amp breakers installed today, then we can go forward. My Landlord is arranging for the Electrician, says it should cost between $150.00 - $350.00, not bad.

Waiting is killing me! Meanwhile, Grand kids have done some more decorating on the box, moved in blankets and pillows... They even have a refrigerator (smaller white box) stuffed with snacks. :popcorn:

Smacka

When they delivered mine, we didn't have a forklift just a pallet jack. and the box was too wide to put in the truck sideways so they put it in lengthwise. It was squeezed between other boxes and up against the side of the truck with no way to get the jack under it. My driver literally got behind it and PUSHED IT BY HIMSELF out onto the liftgate and HELD THE END UP while I let the liftgate down. Turns out he was even older than I am! (46) Thank god he was a brute!!

Suz

Smack,

Yes you were lucky the two of you were able to haul that thing off the truck by yourselves without the proper tools. Glad you didn't hurt yourselves (or the machine). After my friend with the forklift (lucky me) did his thing getti'n it off the truck, he lowered it halfway through my door and there it sat for about 15 minutes. I had no plan on what I would do to get it the rest of the way through the door.

Then, another friend (Pete) drove by and saw the thing hanging halfway out the door. He turned around, then came back with a standard sized dolly and a small carpeted wooden frame with wheels on it. Said he was going to help me get the thing the rest of the way into the shop. I thought, "right Pete!" But he always does what he says he will do, shouldn't have doubted it one bit. He is a small guy with lots of smarts and upper body strength, he muscled that thing around and it obeyed him. Haha! At one point, I remember sitting on the box as we were trying to shove it down the ramp into my shop. The thing did not budge, so funny! Looked like a teeter totter, my weight on one end of it made no difference at all. Haha! The thing weights nearly 600 lbs all boxed up.

Anyhow, Pete got through the door and moved it right into it's prospective spot. I am grateful to have such good friends!

When they delivered mine, we didn't have a forklift just a pallet jack. and the box was too wide to put in the truck sideways so they put it in lengthwise. It was squeezed between other boxes and up against the side of the truck with no way to get the jack under it. My driver literally got behind it and PUSHED IT BY HIMSELF out onto the liftgate and HELD THE END UP while I let the liftgate down. Turns out he was even older than I am! (46) Thank god he was a brute!!

HulkSmash

the truck that delivered ours didnt have anything.. 3 of us just had to lift it off.. wasn't too bad.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb: on the machine !!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: on them being grandkids and not your own kids !! Life is too short to have them a second time around.... full-time :rolleyes:

Suz

Colorado,

3 guys to unload, what else do you need? Nothi'n!!! :) You are getting to be a pro with your machine, so expect some questions (cries for help) when I get running. Still, no electrical yet. Perhaps today....

Gino, Thanks for the thumbs up! Yes, I'm happy at this stage to have Grand kids with parents who are responsible. But you are never done in supporting your kids in some way, right? I love the excitement they bring. The blondie in the photos is a fantastic artist. The little brunette, a fashioneesta, and the little dude is a mechanic. So between the three of them, my art supplies, hair stuff, and tools all get rearranged. But hey, they are all creating stuff. So, it is all very good and inspiring as well!

SignManiac

I really do appreciate having a forklift after hearing the problems you had unloading. Guess I should remind myself not to take it for granted!