• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex Printer arrived today...

tattoo.dan

Congrats on your printer and clubhouse!!!

I hate to ask, cuz I know the answer...but anyone using flexi 10 for the rip and their thoughts? I am pulling the trigger this week on a latex finally and already have flexi 10...

Suz

I really do appreciate having a forklift after hearing the problems you had unloading. Guess I should remind myself not to take it for granted!

Signman, yes lucky you! forklift :cool1: I don't own one, but so glad that neighbors in building do! And they are good neighbors to have! I half suspected this would happen. Only because it happened to us in the past with another large piece of equipment. My Sis owns a UPS franchise and she tells me all these horror stories. I think my situation went pretty smooth, considering. Again, I have good neighbors, good friends.

Dannytat,
Hey - there are others who are using or have used Flexi 10. In fact, I got quotes on that software for every machine quote I got. I think (4) quotes total. I thought the price was reasonable, but just unsure if it will meet our needs fully. So, if you already own it, that should work just fine. You can always move up later, right? I would just check with a Dealer to make sure you have the right flavor Flexi, from what I hear it comes in several configurations. Oh, Congrats to you too on pulli'n the trigger!!! Yay!

tattoo.dan

Suz-e-q ...:) thanks for the response. It will work, as it was offered in quotes received as well. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it...I am sick of my yellows not being yellow and so on...Yeah, I was gonna get one of these 6 months ago when they were 18k, glad I waited!!! Keep us updated on how everything goes. Where did you get yours by the way?

signswi

You know....I know nothing about latex printers, but Latex paint does not last worth a F#c&. I was lured into this hippie crap and started using laxtex paint on stuff about 5 years ago. Guess what, I have signs from 1990 using Empervo paint that look way better than a couple of crap things I busted out with laytex just 5 years back.

Stupid hippies, give me my Ronan with LEAD!!!! I think the Yellow still has it in it....

HP Latex ink has nothing to do with latex paint. The word latex refers to a type of emulsion.

"Latex is the stable dispersion (emulsion) of polymer microparticles in an aqueous medium. Latexes may be natural or synthetic." (Wikipedia)

jens

Caldera is AWESOME for color and everything. I too have also noticed that it seems that currently there is more profiles and users of Onyx. I have heard from everyone that they get better color from Caldera, so that is why I went with it. Plus the upgrades are way cheaper and you are not limited in ways you are with Onyx.

yes Indeed, new upgrade is commin up too V9 :clapping:

Suz

Hey again Dannytat!

Got my machine from IRG Plotters, Los Angelas. Still, no hookie uppie! Waiting on Electrician. :( I'll try to be patient...

Suz

Electrician came today!

We have the (2) 220 breakers and outlets in the wall now. Yay!!!! Now we can schedule to have our Technician set up the machine. I'm way too excited!

Hey Suz, hope your new toy works out for you today!! been reading this tread to see when it gets plugged in....seems like today is the day!! yay!!!

Suz

Hi Rush, Thanks so much for the encouragement, YES, today was the day! She's plugged in. New Electrical outlets work, the machine works, got our first print out (just a test print) to show all the heads are spitting out some ink. Technician was very good, didn't take him any time at all to set it up. Found out we needed to get a switch box and a Cat 5 Cable, so off to the Office Depot this evening. Our Tech comes back on Thursday to show us how to do some printing!!!! We've got a couple orders already, so we can start printing some money! :)

grafixemporium

Anyone had a latex for a year or more that does vehicle wraps? Any feedback? The HP seems too good to be true at that price point. I hear the heads are practically disposable. Any truth to that? Pointless saving $$ on the front end if the cost of ownership is too high. Sorry, just being skeptical... my Grimco rep has been on me about looking into adding an HP latex.

RobbyMac

Stick reflective or metallic in it, and have him/her setup/tweak a profile so you can see how to set one up/go through the motions of adjusting heat, etc..

Tim Aucoin

Hi Rush, Thanks so much for the encouragement, YES, today was the day! She's plugged in. New Electrical outlets work, the machine works, got our first print out (just a test print) to show all the heads are spitting out some ink. Technician was very good, didn't take him any time at all to set it up. Found out we needed to get a switch box and a Cat 5 Cable, so off to the Office Depot this evening. Our Tech comes back on Thursday to show us how to do some printing!!!! We've got a couple orders already, so we can start printing some money! :)

Yayyyy! :clapping::clapping: I'm excited for you! I remember that feeling almost a year ago now!! :rolleyes:

Suz

Stick reflective or metallic in it, and have him/her setup/tweak a profile so you can see how to set one up/go through the motions of adjusting heat, etc..

Robby - thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I'll try this too... I've read some of your posts... race cars, cool! I have done some canopy covers for Aerobatic and Race planes! Having grown up in Southern California, I went to the races in the late 70's to see AJ Foyt and Mario Andretti...I have a lot of brothers, they like that stuff too of course! Then there were the funny car races, what fun!!! Looking forward to reading more of your helpful posts. :thankyou:

Last edited:

Suz

More Machine! More Kids playi'n...

Attachments

• pretty in pink.jpg
    pretty in pink.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 108
  • kids1.jpg
    kids1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 96
  • kids2.jpg
    kids2.jpg