• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex Printer arrived today...

iSign

wow... must have felt like christmas opening that beauty!

Thanks for your post... Glad you like it. You are a beauty too, by the way!
I like that pic...

Well, I'd say we have similar taste... I was tempted to tell her that too.. in fact you both have good taste, because in about 12 days, I'll be celebrating an early christmas too, unveiling my new beauty! (a printer :rolleyes:)

I'm sooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!

I will post some pics of what we actually produce.

Hey, maybe I should print a hopscotch banner for my Grand kids. ...Maybe we could produce a game similar to that old "Twister" game too?
Okay, showing my age now! :loveya:

nah... your age ain't showing at all.. assuming that's you.. anyway, as one of the most recent proud latex printer owners I've seen around here...

enjoy it while you can... I might be next L25500 noobie around here & you can move on up to veteran status & help me figure out mine!

GypsyGraphics

Suz, i searched my closet and picked out a little ensemble that i think will look just smashing on you! Your so sweet, i'll even let you steal my tambourine!

gypsy-girl.jpg

Sounds like we were both learning to use a MAC around the same time. Wish i could say the same for the printer.

ProColorGraphics

Question for people who print on banner material. I currently print banners on my Roland XC540 and have to be careful when I roll them up after they have been printed so ink does not touch itself until it completely dries. Are the prints dry enough on the latex printer where you do not have to worry about ink touching ink?

Another bonus is when printing vinyl. When I had my VP-540, if I made coroplast signs with printed graphics, I couldn't stack them together because they would stick. Even after drying for a few days. Now, I pile them up right after they are done with ZERO problems!

I do recommend turning the heat down though if you are having the infamous "bowing" problem. I consider this printer like a high performance engine. The more horsepower a race engine makes, the more tuning it needs to keep at peak performance. This printer operates the same way, it's an amazing machine, it just needs to be kept in tune. It's not a major problem or hassle, just something to be aware of.

Suz

Happy for you and thank you for the photos.

Alti, You are welcome! Thanks for being happy for me too! Had a successful day printing some large photos today on gloss poster material. No problems & colors were beautiful. I should post that too.

isign- I'm really glad you are getting a Latex too, yay!! Absolutely, I'll be there for you when you get yours! :) You guys have all been so good listening to me. And thanks for the compliment, yes that is me. My daughter likes to aim cameras at me. But hey, I have done it to her all her life!

Gypsy, Love that little outfit and the tambourine too? So sweet! How 'bout you play the guitar, and we'll have a great time. Got a few of those around the place! :) Oh, found that song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzEzcf65Fz8&feature=related

Matt, thanks for the information & advice. Good to get that from somebody who has already done it. I was so glad to read all the posts that you and the others put out who bought these machines. I hope you have seen more profit since you bought it, and wish you much success!

GB2

Old Member
I think the whole world will be filled with HP latex printers before too long...good luck with your's Suz. I've got one too if you have any questions.

Doug...so you bit the bullet too...good for you, you'll like it. They are really self explanatory and simple to operate.

Everybody is liking the recently discounted prices for these printers but you know that only means that everybody can buy one now and the profit in wide format printing just took another leap down.

Geege....there's still room on the band wagon for one more...haven't you been thinking about a printer for a long time?

Suz

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the good luck wish! Glad to know that you have one too and thank you for offering to answer questions, will do same for you!

Gypsie, I agree with Gary on this, maybe you should jump on the band wagon and get one too, maybe this is that big change you needed! Hope you can do it! Oh, and I forgot to answer your question, YES that was my first banner print. In fact, my first print!!!

iSign

Doug...so you bit the bullet too...good for you, you'll like it. They are really self explanatory and simple to operate.

Everybody is liking the recently discounted prices for these printers but you know that only means that everybody can buy one now and the profit in wide format printing just took another leap down.

Thanks Gary... I am looking forward to years of satisfaction with this technology...

but I think you need to take another look at the book, or movie "The Secret - the law of attraction" and let go of that scarcity consciousness....

You are not in the printing business... you are designing, and/or marketing... and like anyone else, you could get your prints from any number of subs... but you have your own printer to save time & money... not because it's essential... you could sub out your designs... and still be ahead of the glut of garage printers that may sprout up with no design skill... forget about those people...

tattoo.dan

Susie Q- I am glad u got yours up and running!!!! Running the two 220 outlets today for mine, then to clear out some space before it gets here! Can hardly wait! I am excited for you!

Tim Aucoin

Sounds like we need a bigger Bandwagon!!! Great to hear those who are taking the plunge! There will be a lot of support here for that printer!!!

signage

Tim since you look like one of the longest one owned, I have a couple question.

1.) how many head have you gone through?

2.) How many ink cartridges?

3.) What is the longest it has sat without printing?

3a.) Did it print fine after this time and what did you have to do to get it to print if it didn't just start printing fine!

TIA

iSign

old and new owners, sign on to the "bigger Bandwagon" for the L25500 HP Latex Printer

oops, wrong thread...

Suz

For DannyTat,

Sorry I am not sure how to use the email on the forum to send pics, not sure if that is possible, so here we go... (answering your questions). Hope you get the outlets in today.

Okay, pics attached per your request. In my machine setup, the electrical outlets were installed only 3" apart, 17" off the floor, centered with plugs on machine. I am not aware of how many wires he used, sorry about that! However, he did run both electrical lines separate, although they both run through the same conduit down the wall. Breaker box is upstairs, luckily he did not have to drill through the floor as there was an opening already. He said that probably saved hours and lots a $$$. The cords are 14' long, each.
Hope that helps!

Oh, I printed a few posters yesterday, the widest one was 50", Customer very happy with prints and he wants them all, plus more. Yay!

Attachments

• IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 110
  • posters today.jpg
    posters today.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Tim Aucoin

Sorry guys, I have been running around today between traveling home from Edmonton and my birthday dinner this evening. I will answer Brian's questions either later this evening or tomorrow morning for sure! :Big Laugh

I do love you all! :loveya:

tattoo.dan

Thank you Suzie Q! I got the electric, conduit and boxes ran and installed yesterday. Will wait for printer to install the actual outlets. Thanks!

Tim Aucoin

Tim since you look like one of the longest one owned, I have a couple question.

1.) how many head have you gone through?

2.) How many ink cartridges?

3.) What is the longest it has sat without printing?

3a.) Did it print fine after this time and what did you have to do to get it to print if it didn't just start printing fine!

TIA
Okay. Back at the office. Sorry I didn't get to these yesterday. I was out of town and didn't have too much time to think/post yesterday! I was celebrating my last birthday in my 40's, as next year I officially become a hot commodity (a handsome, fit, good looking man in his 50's!!! :rolleyes:)

To answer your questions...
1) I am still on my original set of heads from a year ago. Obviously I don't print as much as others! This printer runs at least 4 out of 5 days every week though! See actual usage below.
2) I am on set #3 on some and set #4 on others. See full diagnostic report below!
3) Longest without running was 3 weeks while on vacation.
3a) Came back and started where it left off without a single issue!!

DIAGNOSTICS FROM PRINTER ON USAGE SINCE INSTALLED:
Substrate usage = 8,086.54 square feet
Total Ink Usage = 10,049 ml.

INK USAGE:

Cyan = 1349 ml
Magenta = 1957 ml
Yellow = 2287 ml
Black = 1964 ml
Light Cyan = 1246 ml
Light Magenta = 1246 ml

So, this tells you how much ink the current heads have fired (and how much of each color), and how much substrate I've printed on in the last year. Great numbers to know. Very good report to have. :thumb: