• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex Printer arrived today...

iSign

Wow... Those are some handy numbers to have!
Is that a standard feature of the printer to generate that report, or is this something you figured out how to acquire?

Tim Aucoin

Is that a standard feature of the printer to generate that report, or is this something you figured out how to acquire?
Hey Doug,

You just open up a browser (within your network) and type in the IP address of the printer and you get lots of cool stuff to look at!! :Big Laugh Great job accounting section in there also! :thumb:

GP

Pulled the trigger on Friday. Having electrician out today to move some outlets around.

Those are two 220V outlets, correct?

GP

Suz

Happy Haloween!

GP, Congrats to you!!!! Yup on the (2) 220 outlets!

Happy Haloween, I mean Gladwell Tidings to you too!
Just passed the TV and this guy was on!
I had to run and get my camera! Haha! He needs a trick or treat bag. :):Oops:

2nd photo shows close up detail on what you can get with solid color on gloss poster paper. Stuck a measure in there so you can get a feel for detail.

Attachments

• gladwell tidings.jpg
    gladwell tidings.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 109
  • solid color hp.jpg
    solid color hp.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

2NinerNiner2

I was celebrating my last birthday in my 40's

... which means that you have now entered your 50th year :)

Numerous folk were ever so anxious to point out this fact to me a "few years" back :)

A belated Happy Birthday!

Suz

No banding whatsoever! But then this poster is only 42" long.

I did a banner that was 16' long, same image. But there were problems. Not sure if it was the scrim banner, my file, or a combo.

Thanks Alti! Glad you think the poster looks good. I love it!

HulkSmash

Doug, it;s pretty slick..
you type in the ip address of the printer into the browser..
tells your EVERYTHING.

you can also put how much you pay for ink, and it'll calculate your ink cost right in the browser... also you can select a substraight, and put the cost for that as well.. it's pretty amazing. That alone is worth a lot to me.

I told me i printed over 4ksqft of 3m 180 in a week!

Tim Aucoin

T3 you need to print more that's like 2 months worth of printing tops. :peace!:
I'm working on it! Never said I was a busy shop in this area! :smile: The equipment is paying for itself which is a good thing! The rest of the business carry's any short fall months! We did $85K in sales in October and $23K of that was sign related! :clapping:

Suz

Tim, fantastic sales numbers. Your Latex printer sounds more like a toy, but if it is paying for itself, that is even better! Hope to say the same soon!

ProColorGraphics

I'm working on it! Never said I was a busy shop in this area! :smile: The equipment is paying for itself which is a good thing! The rest of the business carry's any short fall months! We did $85K in sales in October and $23K of that was sign related! :clapping:

Hey Tim, what else do you do besides signs?

signswi

Good for you, signs are the worst. :banghead:

Tim Aucoin

Hey Tim, what else do you do besides signs?
Someone else asked me that.. here's my reply to them:

We have color and B&W digital copiers in our shop, and we do a lot of digital printing. Tons of business cards, envelopes, brochures, flyers, carbonless forms, tickets, reports, etc... on our digital equipment. We still do offset printing, but I now source it out (to the guy who bought my press!!). Revenue from outside services is generally anywhere from $10 - $15K per month. We average $35 - $55K in sales per month. Last month was rare, but it has happened a half dozen times in the last 5 years.

We also generate a lot of revenue from bindery work. We have equipment to cut, score, number, perforate, laminate, etc... Other services we provide are; custom self-inking stamps, CD & DVD production (printing & burning anywhere from 1 to 1000), plastic card printing (credit card size only), just recently introduced Dye Sublimation printing, and a few other little services. This year I purchased a digital envelope production printer/press to keep all of my envelope printing in-house. It is a huge money saver!!

signswi

Used to work in a high volume digital copier & bindery shop and we ran a 1 color offset press for envelopes, now that you can run them reliably through high speed inkjet solutions it's so much nicer. Great business, way better than the sign niche imo if you have the volume to back it up.

tattoo.dan

Well mine arrived today. Just got it put together...cleaning up the mess, rearranging, then time to hook it up....that won't void my warranty will it?Q :glasses: