• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need some constructive criticism on my website

swannn32

Graphic Designer
A couple of more suggestions ...

You could try and learn Joomla. www.joomla.org
It is free, but you'll have to find someone to host it.

Or you could try www.wix.com
or other places like it where you can design pretty cool looking websites online easily with just drag and drop method. And then pay them a monthly fee to host it and take their name out of the domain name.

Good luck - please post again to let us see what you've done to the place!

Hello RandyS,

Good Design, Bad Design It Doesn't Matter It Is The Keyword Phrases That Matter!

All I ever hear is that my website in "designed" this way or that! The objective of a website is to get and find new customers and to service your current customers too. So what you need to do is decide what you are going to focus on Awnings, Banners, Boats or whatever? And are you selling locally or nationwide? In your case it looks like you are a one man show so I would hope that you are servicing your local communities as a local sign shop. If this is true you need to start with keyword research about your local sign needs. So let us start out with "long tail keyword phrases" that include your local cities, like "Muskegon custom signs", "Muskegon custom banners", "McLaughlin custom awnings", "Banners in Marquette MI", "Parking Lot Striping Service Dalton", Etc. the longer keyword phrase the better. Before using any keyword phrase the keyword phrases need to have TRAFFIC!, keyword phrases with no traffic will do no one any good!

First thing to do is find or research* ten to twelve keyword phrases with traffic and that are relevant to the pages subject, such as for starters let start with a Custom Banners page. (Example only! No research on traffic counts. Think of it this way each phrase has its own traffic, so count up the estimated traffic for each phrase and try to get to at least 15,000 monthly searches per page and watch what happens in about three to six months the search engines will start throwing you loads of traffic, with the correct keywords)

- Muskegon custom banners
- Marquette custom banners
- Muskegon four color digital banners
- Oakview custom vinyl banners
- Muskegon 3' x 10' banners
- Oakview satin banners
- Muskegon trade show banners
- Muskegon custom banners fast
- Muskegon custom pop up banners
- Cloverville street banners
- Cloverville banners for restaurants
- Muskegon custom grand opening banner
REMEMBER ONLY PHRASES WITH TRAFFIC! Remember words equal traffic! It is a numbers game. Statistic shows that for ever 100 visitors only one to three will have interest in your page and the others will just move on to another site. In my professional opinion design is not as important as people think it is on the web it is your content that matters. Prospects are looking for information first on the web and then after they have found it they will buy your product or service so... provide content and information and you will win more prospects!

The next important thing you need to worry about is you need to have META Tags in your source code for each page! These META Tags need to be the same as the keyword phrases listed above for "each page". Also, Each page has its own relevant keyword phrases and META Tags researched around what that page is about. Ideally what you need to do is make "Landing Pages" landing pages are pages focused on one vertical product or service, like the sample page above about Banners focused on YOUR local community, so maybe a few other pages you should make up are about your Awnings, Parking Lot Striping and Truck lettering make as many pages as you want the more the better! You are looking for a volume of traffic. Remember it is a numbers game!

And don't forget linking to each of these pages just like you have done on your current site (Keep your links to the left side of your page for best navigation.), but this time making the href "anchor text" the keyword phrase that is relevant to the page it is linking to for example something like this: "Muskegon Custom Banners" using the same relevant keyword phrase that is on the page you are linking to with the link already! Relevance Relevance everything has to always be relevant! GOT IT?

Enough for now I can talk for hours on this. Remember to focus on page relevancy and have content with "long tail keyword phrases"! Internet Marketing is a little like gardening you always need to fertilize your plants to keep them producing!

Feel free to email me with any other questions.

Hope this helps you,
Terry Melancon Sr.
Internet Marketing Expert

* Google has a free keyword research tool (Not the best tool! But it is Free!) https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal[/url

Last edited by a moderator: