• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for critique

artbot

i like it as a draft and i hate it as a final. the font/s looks just straight stock. the relationship of the letters (spelling) is clunky with odd negative space. if the logo being the celtic thing is written in stone then you'll need to do lots of vector work to the company name to bring them together stylistically. this critique also depends on how much you are being paid. if it's a few hundred bucks, then maybe it's done. but if this is a $1000-$3000 job then the font has to go. it has to be customized.

as for the logo, why couldn't the celtic icon thing be intertwined vectored vine-work of an "L" and an "M"? that would be cool. otherwise the logo just looks like clip art.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I know its not worth much, but I've been messing around with this as well.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-06-04 at 9.25.47 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-06-04 at 9.25.47 AM.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 117

artbot

using rounded arial as a base

Attachments

• LUCKY MOJO rounded arial base.jpg
    LUCKY MOJO rounded arial base.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 110

GoodPeopleFlags

i like it as a draft and i hate it as a final. the font/s looks just straight stock. the relationship of the letters (spelling) is clunky with odd negative space. if the logo being the celtic thing is written in stone then you'll need to do lots of vector work to the company name to bring them together stylistically. this critique also depends on how much you are being paid. if it's a few hundred bucks, then maybe it's done. but if this is a $1000-$3000 job then the font has to go. it has to be customized.

as for the logo, why couldn't the celtic icon thing be intertwined vectored vine-work of an "L" and an "M"? that would be cool. otherwise the logo just looks like clip art.

My thinking was to keep the text plain so that it wouldn't compete with the busy-ness of the graphic and I thought a script might not be very legible so that's why I went with the plain font. I could probably create custom lettering that would work nicely with it but I'm concerned I'll lose legibility. Am I totally off base with that thinking?

artbot

the font has a modern feel, and the graphic relates to things old/antique. and the negative space is in sharp contrast to the symmetry of the graphic. plus "lucky mojo" has a very hip vibe thing to i'd go with that
feel. is the celtic thing a must? above i modded some letters to make something similar with greater genetic relationship to the font below as an example.

peavey123

I dunno artbot, I think you may be right about tying the font to the icon, but the one you did just looks like a meat grinder factory logo. lol It's "lucky mojo", not "lucky you don't lose a hand" The icon is way too huge and lettering is way too small. The original icon the OP had was great. You say it looks like clip art, but I would take that as a compliment.

TimToad

I'm not feeling lucky at all.

Icon looks too much like a car radiator fan. I can see that much open letters pacing on the secondary message, but not the primary. The size of the icon is gargantuan compared to the type.

Didn't your first weigh in promote a manipulated font or letter construction?

TimToad

My thinking was to keep the text plain so that it wouldn't compete with the busy-ness of the graphic and I thought a script might not be very legible so that's why I went with the plain font. I could probably create custom lettering that would work nicely with it but I'm concerned I'll lose legibility. Am I totally off base with that thinking?

I think tikiboyz concept has some elements to get inspired from. I like the "Y" variation and kind of saw it as the stem of the "flower" "clover" to give the type and icon some interactivity.

Kind of fun, when folks are all interpreting things on quick impressions and sharing.

GoodPeopleFlags

The Celtic clover isn't set in stone. Originally, she wanted to incorporate the Flower of Life symbol, as it symbolizes how everything is connected and social media kinda works the same way. I thought it was a cool concept. If you're not familiar with the Flower of Life or sacred geometry, google it. Interesting stuff. Here are a few symbols. Well, I thought the Flower of Life (top left) would get lost when used small, like on a business card. Then she mentioned using a sacred geometry symbol in a four leaf clover shape. I couldn't get that to work correctly so that's when the celtic clover came about. So there's some background for ya.

Attachments

• GeometrySymbols.jpg
    GeometrySymbols.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 129

shoresigns

Here's a version in upper/lower case. The negative space under the logo and above the letters throws me off. I wouldn't be objected to using another font but I've searched all my fonts and dafont and can't find anything that jumps out at me. I think it should be a sans serif, and not a script, being that the graphic is so busy already. I'm definitely open to suggestions, though.

You're right about the negative space. Your original font choices are the only option so far in the thread that I would say are acceptable. You're on the right track with geometric sans-serif, since it matches the logo design.

Best advice I can give you might be to NOT use Dafont. Dafont has always been a cesspool of ugly, subpar "free" fonts. If you want quality and free, try Google Web Fonts and Font Squirrel for starters. Also search for blog posts about high quality free fonts. There's a lot of good free fonts out there but Dafont is the last place you should be looking.

The logo looks fantastic by the way! The simplified version.