• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for offroad company. What do you think?

HeavyHitter

This is a mock up for Dragoon Off-Road. There are a few things the logo needed to be able to do.

1. Be able to laser cut in steel plate parts. Laser cut without the letters dropping out. The font and chevron can both be cut.

2. have the logo fit on round tube if needed. Example... on roll cage tube. The logo would be printed without the dragon in order to do so.

3. The owner has a tie to the armed services. The name "Dragoon" is a military term for mounted infantry in the late 17th century. The chevron in the logo is a tie back to the military term.

4. The logo needed to have the color red.

The logo has the white edge for printing stickers. For use on the web and other print items the white edge will drop.

Let me know what you think about the logo. I am just a newb here on the board looking to learn some new tricks for the mental tool box.

I do have a question. Who do you guys use for digitizing embroidery files. Over the years I have used Butler Digitizing ( http://www.butlerdigitizing.com ). Any others you all might recommend with good pricing and fast turn around?

Dan

Attachments

• DragoonDecalRender.jpg
    DragoonDecalRender.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 163

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Not digging the squeezey "DRAGOON" type while "OFF ROAD" looks normal.

You probably could have better placement of off-road somewhere.

Why the thin outline on the chevron?

The gray and gray gradient, I would play with it a little more (lighten it up a bit?), may need a bit more contrast...

Is that a clip-art dragon? Or did you draw it? Only reason I ask is the registration mark and 99.9% of clip-art is not usually workable.

Ken

Yes, nice.
I would retain the white border and the dragon for the printed logos. The white will create contrast to the black dragon. Although, I would smooth out the white border so you dont have so many fine points which will tend to peel up.
I also think the chevron could be a little heavier ( same size stroke as dragoon).
Cheers!
Ken

HeavyHitter

Is that a clip-art dragon? Or did you draw it? Only reason I ask is the registration mark and 99.9% of clip-art is not usually workable.

I didn't think about that. I will remove the reg mark.

Thanks for the ideas about the logo. I may mess around with the DRAGOON font a little.

Dan

Marlene

The word "dragoon" is derived from the French Army designation dragon which was originally the name of a type of (whose name means dragon) carried by French dragoons. In French, Portuguese, and Spanish there is no distinction between the words dragoon and dragon.

here ya go Shovelhead. I was wondering myself and found this.

I like it too.

HeavyHitter

Yes, nice.
I would retain the white border and the dragon for the printed logos. The white will create contrast to the black dragon. Although, I would smooth out the white border so you dont have so many fine points which will tend to peel up.
I also think the chevron could be a little heavier ( same size stroke as dragoon).
Cheers!
Ken

Ken, are you saying the black stroke around the chevron needs to be as heavy as the stroked box around Dragoon?

Dan

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When I think of dragons, I tend to picture them with a forked tongue..... maybe you wanna try forkin' it........... :rolleyes:

TheSellOut

I like it...my only suggestion would be to use the same bevel that is on the red area around the grey too!

Nice work!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If it's more a product, off road may not need to be that big. I was bored so I played with it a bit. I rotated the chevron, made my own cutaway typeface from an already condensed typeface and added some more to it. Then made sure it could work as a single color....

Attachments

• dragoon.jpg
    dragoon.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 144

HeavyHitter

If it's more a product, off road may not need to be that big. I was bored so I played with it a bit. I rotated the chevron, made my own cutaway typeface from an already condensed typeface and added some more to it. Then made sure it could work as a single color....

Thanks for taking the time to change the look up a little. I like what you did.

Dan