• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for offroad company. What do you think?

Colin

In the O/P image, the letter spacing (kerning) between the R, A, and G is too great compared to the rest.

HeavyHitter

what are the chevrons for?? I'd try it with a big fat tire tread there.

Tire tread is difficult to laser cut in steel plate. The chevron is a tie back to the owners military back ground. I have made a couple parts over the years with a tire tread laser cut into them. The cost is high because of the time needed to cut the part, you can not cut it very small, and most of the time it blows the back side of the part out.

the attached pic is a piece of 3/16" steel plate. It measures 3 inches on the flats. This is about as small as you would want to cut the part. The back side on most of them does not look too good. The reason it is difficult to cut is because of the amount of heat that builds from all of the cutting in a small area. BTW... this is a gusset to weld a corner for added support.

Attachments

• TireTread.jpg
    TireTread.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 140

Doyle

I like what you started with, besides the small kerning issue noted above, but your typeface does look a little squashed, I think Rick's idea fixes that for you, maybe try modifying a more condensed font?

HeavyHitter

Thanks again everyone who took the time to give input. I am still learning and open to learn. I am going to button up the project tonight and send over to the customer. I have some others I am working. I will post up another soon.

Thanks
Dan

HeavyHitter

UPDATE...

the customer wanted to keep the logo as is with the chevrons pointing bottom right. Here is the logo digitized for embroidery. It is getting added to some Dickies work shirts now. FYI... this embroidery files measures roughly 3.5 inches wide.

Thanks again to all who posted up with ideas. I learned a lot for the next project.

Dan

Attachments

• dragoonembrod.jpg
    dragoonembrod.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 145