• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing block of Cyan in Nozzle Check -At Wits End!

Allied Digital

Month old issue with color
Finally noticed an entire block of cyan missing in Nozzle check

-dampers have ink
-lines dont seem to have air in them and are solid w ink - both single lines running from cartridges and duel lines that run from these to the head carriage.
ran-several strong cleanings
-several "little charges"

Can I remove the brass nut from the suspected faulty line of cyan and put a syringe and draw ink through?

Removed end cap to look under the capping station (thinking lines that draw ink with cleanings are not "pulling". Pump replaced May/June of 08 - (along with ALOT of other things...)

Attached is a pic
Is this what it is supposed to look like? Two black lines coming down - two transparent lines that feed into somewhere else - look like lots of air in them.

SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME COURSE OF ACTION HERE!
PLEASE - Just a suggestion.

I have tried everthing but when jobs need to get out and promises are made - thinking clearly goes down the drain!!

Thanks

Attachments

• lines under capping station.JPG
    lines under capping station.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 115

Allied Digital

"I'm going in!"

I figure I'm just being impatient here - but Im going in!
first I'm going to try to syphen (sp?) ink through the cyan lines that lead to the head.
Wish me luck!

Bradster941

If I'm reading this right, it sounds like you want to know if your getting ink to the head, so if you do this, you will know.

attachment.php

Allied Digital

ink to printhead...

Correct. but befor4e I do it I have gone into a job that I haveto deliver on Monday and completely rebuilding the colors. (in case I totaly f screw up the printer)
Im taking a pms color chart matching to a cmyk print out and decreasing everything but the cyan - since it is running at half.
It's actually working - but very time consuming.
I will syphen lines after these two 4x8s run.
Ill fill you in later
Thanks for viewing/responding.

Allied Digital

so I havent had the nerve to unscrew the brass nut from the line to the head and try to syphen ink . . .

but i did notice (read about possible vaccum leak in during cleaning)
two clearish looking lines from pump that dump into the waste tray - one of them looks as though ink runs through it with a cleaning

Does anyone have any thoughts here?

randya

You can syringe without removing lines or loosening brass nuts.

If this is a VJ there are two drain lines, and you either need to draw from both or tie one off.

Have you done a head soak?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
flush the head

everytime i get this problem, i pop off the damper, take a piece of tube attach it to my syringe, fill the syringe with some cleaning fluid, attach the tube to the head nipple, move the head off the capping station where you can see under the head, place paper towel under, lightly push the solution through until the solution sprays out all the heads evenly and straight. reassembly and do a cleaning cycle or two.

just did this this morning to a black head. i have done this hundreds of times.

cj-500 running eco-solvent

randya

Believe I located drain lines. Do they come loose at the point where ink drains out? I think I am in over my head here.

At the point where they connect to the pump.

Sounds like you would be better off getting a trained tech in there.
Someone you could watch and learn from.

leerees

flush the head

everytime i get this problem, i pop off the damper, take a piece of tube attach it to my syringe, fill the syringe with some cleaning fluid, attach the tube to the head nipple, move the head off the capping station where you can see under the head, place paper towel under, lightly push the solution through until the solution sprays out all the heads evenly and straight. reassembly and do a cleaning cycle or two.

just did this this morning to a black head. i have done this hundreds of times.

cj-500 running eco-solvent

I'm having the same problem with my mutoh except with black instead. I've already looked and both black dampers are full of ink and there are no air bubbles or blockages in the lines.

can you give a step by step guide of how to do what you suggested, or maybe a link to a tech manual that explains it. I have a valuejet 1604

many thanks

Allied Digital

Need Mutoh Tech in Northern Alabama area

this sound too much for me to handle : (
I really need a tech in the North Alabama/Tennessee/Ga area (I'm sorry but not GMI - bad taste left in my mouth from the last tech they sent)

Biker Scout

Do a search for some of my posts regarding "Flushing"

You will have better success pulling a vacuum (if seal isn't damaged) if you remove that little white connector piece between the black lines and the clear lines.

I've gone into that procedure a couple of times. I'm betting you have dried ink in the lines, and the pump isn't pulling as efficient as it could.

Allied Digital

The continuing saga of the missing cyan

Here is what has gone on since last time I posted
had a tech come to try to knock out what Mutoh suspected and relayed to this tech, might be a clog somewhere. He drew from under the capping station (lost both cyan channels) did some cleanings and got back one channel. He suggested 3 things: New maintenance station, new dampers or new print head. I chose the 2 least expensive. We ordered dampers and a maintenance station.
Problem persisted.
he left and I ordered a new head and had my IT guy (who is a great computer tech) to put in the new head.
Same problem
weeks later I decided to trouble-shoot by swapping the cyan lines at the white piece - (y-connecter?) Amazingly the missing channel changed from the 4 channel to the 3 channel!
I tightened the brass nuts, ran a few strog cleanings and all channels were there!!! 3 tests and they remained. Ran a print and there was some wavey banding goin on (thought it would need aligning somewhere)
Next morning - before tackling alignments, the nozzle check resulted in a missing block of cyan.
This morning I disconnected lines at both y connector and damper ends, checked and cleaned the o-rings (all looked good) but am still missing a channel.
I have called to have another tech take a look, but I have little faith.

Any diagnosticians out there who have any suggestions - I would appreciate any given.

randya

The fact that it moved to the 3 channel should help isolate it.

But your situation sound VERY strange.

It could occur if the line was actually clogged up after the y (I have never heard of this using OEM inks)

I am thinking possibly, you still might have a bad o-ring (did you swap them?) or the tubing is distorted on one side leaking a bit of air.
This is a pretty big stretch, but about the only thing that makes sense.

I would carefully trim the line and replace the oring on the bad side. (dont over-tighten the o-rings or you can distort or damage them)