• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing block of Cyan in Nozzle Check -At Wits End!

Allied Digital

Update

New tech - new solution! Our best guess at this point... the Y-connector that is the splitter from main ink line to the two cyan ink lines leading to the heads.
I have the part ordered and I'll let you know!

jiarby

I lost a bank of black last year... ended up replacing the maint station. We did all this stuff posted so far (dampers, suction, head soak...even looked at the sub tank valves)

Mutoh Tech Chris (Mutoh America is here in Phx!) came and swapped the thing in 15 minutes.

Allied Digital

have replaced maintenance station
dampers
print head
snipped ink lines and re-attached o-rings
syphened ink from under Maint. Stat.
at damper connection

I feel so defeated

mo_alhawary

I have the same problem with my Mutoh RJ-6100
I have new heads and new dambers the dambers are full of ink but the magenta and the L magenta are missing I don't know what is the problem

mo_alhawary

now all the print heads are firing, and firing all the time all colors.
all what you get after printing order is a nice 6 colors solid square
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Allied Digital

New tech - new solution! Our best guess at this point... the Y-connector that is the splitter from main ink line to the two cyan ink lines leading to the heads.
I have the part ordered and I'll let you know!
Have replaced this connector. There was NO CHANGE - #4 Channel still missing.
Swapped Dampers (#3 and #4 with lines intact - which would tell me if the #4damper was bad, I guess) Still missing #4 channel on nozzle check.

I never did swap the ribbon cables to see if this was the problem. Does anyone guess this could be it?

Allied Digital

Yes. It will be a while - daughter, who is out to lunch, has camera in her car.
There is just a blank space in the nozzle check where the second block of cyan should be. KKC_YYMM from Right to left.

Allied Digital

Nozzle Check

Here it is. Threw in a pic of the dampers as well
Your basic nozzle check w/out a block of cyan!

Attachments

• Dampers.jpg
    Dampers.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Nozzle check.jpg
    Nozzle check.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 92

Allied Digital

aaahh she has no clothes on!!

And here she is without any clothes on! I've been running jobs like this! - I know, not smart but Im at the "I don't give a sh** any more" stage !

Attachments

• Mutoh 1204 skeleton.jpg
    Mutoh 1204 skeleton.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 74

Compilla

Here it is. Threw in a pic of the dampers as well
Your basic nozzle check w/out a block of cyan!

Thanks, a picture is worth a thousand words

I suspect this a Plumbing issue, It appers that the C Damper it is not pushed all the way onto the manifold on top of the print head.
I will reattach or replace that Damper. Remove the brass nut and replace the O-ring. I noticed your Damper fixing plate it's missing, make sure it is attached...

My 2¢

Attachments

• Damper.jpg
    Damper.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 91

Compilla

Perhaps,

I doubt it, but could be possible ...

Based on this:

".... weeks later I decided swapping the cyan lines at the white piece - (y-connecter?) Amazingly the missing channel changed from the 4 channel to the 3 channel!

Electrical issues are not random, either fires or not

Please keep us posted on the development on this issue...:Coffee:

Allied Digital

pushed ink that was already in the line? I dont' know.
a nusiance to replace but an inexpensive part. - If I had to guess being a moving part, it is more likely that the board. - will try cables first.
maybe possibly the line (air) that rides w the carriage cables
I am so disappointed in this machine.

Stealth Ryder

".... weeks later I decided swapping the cyan lines at the white piece - (y-connecter?) Amazingly the missing channel changed from the 4 channel to the 3 channel!"

Me thinks you just answered your own question... Replace the Damper and O-Ring, do not over-tighten the brass nut... I have seen this very issue before, these steps resolved the issue... BTW, you did not tell me about this when we spoke today...

leerees

This is what I did, for my VJ1604

First a temporary fix: try setting the machine to wave + fuzz superfine A, if that doesn't work try B. I guarantee one of them will work perfectly.

The printer has two channels of each colour, by halving the print speed and only printing on 1 channel you get the same colour coverage. As you are only missing 1 cyan channel, this trick will work on one of the settings.

The permanent fix in my case was a blocked maintenance station. you need to clean all the pipes between the MS and the waste bottle and then pour mutoh cleaning fluid onto the capping station and suck it through with a head clean.

Then give the machine a "head bath" by filling up the capping station with mutoh cleaning fluid again (don't let it overflow obviously) and allow the head to sit over it for 10 minutes. Afterwards do a head clean.

Worked for me. Reason being a blocked MS / capping station means the printer can't do a proper head clean.

Allied Digital

This gives me hope... However, I have a new MS and a new head. Are these things still going to apply?
I will fiddle w some of these suggestions!

heyskull

I don't like to sound stupid here
But what is the chance of a duff print head?
I know it's new but i've seen stuff like this happen!

SC