• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Corel Draw Design Contest Entries

Joe Diaz

Ursta Graphics

FANTASTIC WORK ... Absolutely awesome! Hands down the best looking logo / design I've seen all year! If you don't win something is wrong! LOL!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Holy cow. Was the girl autotraced? Her clothes and body appear to be made up of thousands of shapes just by herself. And is the smoke vector?

Joe Diaz

Holy cow. Was the girl autotraced? Her clothes and body appear to be made up of thousands of shapes just by herself. And is the smoke vector?

Smoke is not vector. It was at one time, but it was just a series of gray abstract shapes that that I converted into a bitmap and then used the blur effect.

The girl is all hand (or mouce) traced in vector. I don't think I can get my auto trace to do that. And yeah it is made up of thousands of shapes a lot of which have their own gradient fills. Took for freakin ever.:omg:

I'll post some detailed closeups either after work or tomorrow sometime.

signmeup

Mind boggling patience! Sweet design! If that don't take top prize we should all protest. Nice job on the signature too.

How did you do the ends of the shafts?

Joe Diaz

Thanks guys!
How did you do the ends of the shafts?
Shafts? what part are you talking about?

do we vote??? can we vote on it???

Very awesome design! How long may i ask you have into it?

You can vote, but you have be a Coreldraw.com member. I don't like recommending other forums while on a forum that I really enjoy like signs101 here... But since you asked, if you happen to use coreldraw, I definitely recommend signing up regardless of the contest. It's a good forum to add to your list of daily visits.

How long? Man if I knew it was going to take as long as it did, and I knew that people would ask that. I would have kept track. But I don't know for sure. I worked on it an hour or so after work for months. I just kept adding details to it. Forfreakinever is the best I can do.

Pinfinity

I am freakin speechless! you are truley an amazing craftsman Joe! Good luck with the Corel contest even though in my book you have already won! Good luck to you.

Joe Diaz

Awesome work joe..........
imma be honest... some of the finalist work on there.. is kinda terrible.

I going to give a bunch of them the benefit of the doubt. Corel ran some sort of auto export script to export jpgs for the website. The anti-aliasing setting must have been turned off, so some of the images are a bit fuzzy, including mine.

Though I think you would agree there are a bunch of really cool ones too. There definitely is some stiff competition.

HulkSmash

I going to give a bunch of them the benefit of the doubt. Corel ran some sort of auto export script to export jpgs for the website. The anti-aliasing setting must have been turned off, so some of the images are a bit fuzzy, including mine.

Though I think you would agree there are a bunch of really cool ones too. There definitely is some stiff competition.

yeah there's some really good stuff. I could never bring myself to corel.. im a illustrator typa guy