• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Corel Draw Design Contest Entries

jtrainor56

I am in awe every time you put up a design but Steampunk Stella's leaves me speechless. Good luck in the contest and keep doing what you do, you are awesome!

Tim Aucoin

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
Simply... FREAKING WOW!!! From all the finalists, you are hands down the winner, and if not, something is very wrong with their contest! You should be very proud and WHEN you win, you should make the shirts!!

Ursta Graphics

I definitely want a shirt .. but have them done full color if someone can even try it screened? LOL!
Otherwise how about DTG?

Joe Diaz

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
Simply... FREAKING WOW!!! From all the finalists, you are hands down the winner, and if not, something is very wrong with their contest! You should be very proud and WHEN you win, you should make the shirts!!
We'll see... There are some really nice designs this year. It will be tough.

I definitely want a shirt .. but have them done full color if someone can even try it screened? LOL!
Otherwise how about DTG?

I may get shirts made if I place in this contest. Yeah if it can be done in full color that would be cool, but I think a lot of the detail would be lost or would look muddy. The two color layout on the other hand would be much cleaner. Although I'm no t-shirt expert, so who knows.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

shortyspatrick

We'll see... There are some really nice designs this year. It will be tough.

I may get shirts made if I place in this contest. Yeah if it can be done in full color that would be cool, but I think a lot of the detail would be lost or would look muddy. The two color layout on the other hand would be much cleaner. Although I'm no t-shirt expert, so who knows.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

For full color a die-cut heatpress application would probably work. We see little to no color fade during the application process. Main problem would be when washing, you would need to let them air dry, or dry on low heat due to heatpress materials enjoyment of shrinkage.

Joe Diaz

Well today is the last day for other corel users to vote on Coreldraws website. I'll be curious to see how that works out. Apparently according to the folks that are managing the contest. They are going to take the top 5 most popular designs in each category and they have a panel of judges that will take it from there.

However, it appears as though some contestants are creating new users just to vote for themselves. Which I guess I can deal with that. That isn't much different from someone asking friends to vote for theirs. However, what does suck is they are also purposely ranking the top designs very low to help their own chances. What results is a few nice layouts that are holding their own on their own merit vs some average and even below average designs quickly jumping to the top 5 positions in a short period of time.

So it makes me wonder how the judges are going to use this. Are they really going to take the top 5 base on how people ranked others, or pick their own top 5 base on which designs look the best. I personally just wish the judges would have voted on their own, but I think this was a way to get the corel community involved. So that is cool.

I did notice that the beautiful design that won the last contest actually didn't have the highest popularity. SO like I said. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I just hope the work that truly deserves it moves on. I can't wait to see who wins what.

Joe Diaz

You need to be logged in. Then go to the gallery section. Select the 2011 contest link. Then rate the designs from 1 to 5 stars. You can rate more than one design.

Joe Diaz

I too can't find where or how to vote Joe. Can you provide a direct link?

First of all, you have to be a member and be logged in. If you are then you go to this link:
http://coreldraw.com/media/44/default.aspx
Click on the thumbnail for each entry you want to rate. Then you will see 5 starts. Click on whichever star you want based on how much you like the design. 1 star = you don't like the design. 5 stars = you love the design. You can rate as many designs as you want, but you can only rate them once.

You can also comment on the designs. That helps a little too.

Tim Aucoin

However, it appears as though some contestants are creating new users just to vote for themselves.
However, what does suck is they are also purposely ranking the top designs very low to help their own chances. What results is a few nice layouts that are holding their own on their own merit vs some average and even below average designs quickly jumping to the top 5 positions in a short period of time.

So it makes me wonder how the judges are going to use this. Are they really going to take the top 5 base on how people ranked others, or pick their own top 5 base on which designs look the best. I personally just wish the judges would have voted on their own, but I think this was a way to get the corel community involved. So that is cool.

I can't imagine that a company like Corel doesn't know that this goes on and they will "accommodate" for that in some way. Surely they realize when the same user signs up under a different name... they can likely track the user's IP address (if they sign up from the same computer each time). :rolleyes:

Joe Diaz

I can't imagine that a company like Corel doesn't know that this goes on and they will "accommodate" for that in some way. Surely they realize when the same user signs up under a different name... they can likely track the user's IP address (if they sign up from the same computer each time). :rolleyes:

Yeah that is what I was thinking.

I'm not too worried about myself. So far one of mine is in the top 5 in it's section, although it was number 1 until I apparently got a bunch of really low ratings over the weekend.

The part that bothers me is people ranking a design based on anything other than the quality of the work. I feel bad for the other great designs that have taken a beating just because they are great designs.

2009's winner should have 5 out of 5 rating in my oppinion, but instead it's like 3 something.

signmeup

OK... I voted! I see you have the most views and second most downloads. I like your chances.

Some of the entries are pretty poor. I'm going to enter something next year. My stuff's better than some of the stuff posted.