• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a logo designed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan has a long waiting list and I need it soon. Neato (Philip, Sign Amigo) refuses work with ministries and I am involved with secular as well as religious content. Joe may be an option and I know his work is fantastic.

I attended Joe's seminar at the AC show and if I had a client who needed a brand he is the man.

Interesting that you need it now... and no one asked your budget. My client's who I have seen use the resource I listed are generally small businesses. Maybe they have a small apartment building, or are building a cul-de-sac with five houses, or are even a non-profit.

Attached are some examples. Some of the designers have won hundreds of contests. I realize it isn't for everyone, but it is fast and you'll get a lot of options.

Attachments

• 48-hour-logo-samples combined.jpg
    48-hour-logo-samples combined.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 108

CanuckSigns

I attended Joe's seminar at the AC show and if I had a client who needed a brand he is the man.

Interesting that you need it now... and no one asked your budget. My client's who I have seen use the resource I listed are generally small businesses. Maybe they have a small apartment building, or are building a cul-de-sac with five houses, or are even a non-profit.

Attached are some examples. Some of the designers have won hundreds of contests. I realize it isn't for everyone, but it is fast and you'll get a lot of options.

It also undermines the entire design industry.

weaselboogie

I'm willing to bet that theres at least 5 businesses with the same recycled logo and the exact same clipart, with some text change. "your logo" is never yours if 10 other people have the same variation.

signswi

Often they're stolen from known logo designers, ask Von Glitschka about that. If they're not stolen they include clip art or something else that prevents you from trademarking the logo anyway.

CanuckSigns

Often they're stolen from known logo designers, ask Von Glitschka about that. If they're not stolen they include clip art or something else that prevents you from trademarking the logo anyway.

I think Joe Diaz had one of these sites rip off one of his logos, I think they removed it in the end, but it just goes to show you...

HulkSmash

So, since they're so good and cheap, why not have them make you one? I have NO idea what your logo says, or is trying to portray.

high impact

Just for the record I meant no disrespect to Neato. I respect his work and his convictions.

Thank you for the suggestions everybody, I will make contact with a couple of them directly and then determine which direction to go.

Locals Find!

Contact Deaton Designs I was just in touch with him the other day about my logo. He did some cool stuff for me. I am sure he could meet your deadline and make you something impressive to boot.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
not a big fan of the online design contest as a business, but have to say i liked quite a few designs....

surely not a good idea for the designers, but if i remember correctly the signpainters hated the 4B when it came out and said it would ruin the industry....

just sayin...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I know three people who for $89 to $150 had an on-line contest for the logo and picked their own winner http://www.48hourslogo.com/?u=13007

They were happy.

I'm not happy to see you keep posting this drivel, how about next time you keep your referral number off this inane b.s. like a common spammer. If someone is interested in a competition for a logo idea in order to get 114 pieces of garbage and the subsequent revisions to make them half way edible to the eyes, they will ask about them.

not a big fan of the online design contest as a business, but have to say i liked quite a few designs....

surely not a good idea for the designers, but if i remember correctly the signpainters hated the 4B when it came out and said it would ruin the industry....

just sayin...

Yes the www and computers have changed a lot of businesses, who goes to the yellow pages or advertises in newspapers?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Yes the www and computers have changed a lot of businesses, who goes to the yellow pages or advertises in newspapers?

Seriously ... newspapers huh? Lets start with Obituaries and Weddings, how about every major retailer, every car lot in a town, service providers, people selling their home goods, people trying to hire someone ... did I mention EVERY major retailer? I mean crap and a half, last week there were 3 sign and screen printing shops advertising their services.

Boosh.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Seriously ... newspapers huh? Lets start with Obituaries and Weddings, how about every major retailer, every car lot in a town, service providers, people selling their home goods, people trying to hire someone ... did I mention EVERY major retailer? I mean crap and a half, last week there were 3 sign and screen printing shops advertising their services.

Boosh.

newspapers have taken a serious hit, you can't be serious. sure they are still there, but not for long...

the next generation doesn't even know that phones used to be plugged into a wall and that you had a local phone company....

cutting down trees, making paper, printing old news and selling it is surely going to end very soon....

signswi

Depends on your city. In our city dead tree yp still makes sense, newspaper never did (doesn't really for small businesses that are B2B anyhow). In my previous job we advertised in the paper weekly and it was worth it. Age of your regional population, type of business, state of the local marketing meta, etc. all matter.

For B2B your spend is much better used online, trade publications, and pr.

Locals Find!

I wouldn't say newspaper is dead the business is just evolving. In my area we have a free weekly paper going on its 6th year in business and its gotten thicker every year. Its full of businesses advertising to other businesses.

I like it much better than the internet as I can read it in a place I am not going to take a laptop, cell phone or tablet with me. I also don't have to worry about passing it along whereas with internet news / ads I gotta either post to facebook or some other BS website or send it email. Which isn't as convenient as just handing off a paper.

Newspaper also can be reused. You ever try to clean your windows with a cell phone or cover your head in a rain storm with your laptop??

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Newspapers as a whole are dead yes, but local newspapers will still strive. Heck in this area the tv 'news' pretty much reads straight from the paper ... because the local newspaper is the only ones that have reporters still. even then people will still get local news papers not only for local news but for local events, local ads and local coverage of just about everything ... plus people still like to pick up a paper to read, even when most papers (like the new york times who shot themselves in the foot by over extending and only covering global events the day AFTER they happened and was already covered by tv news of major news channels) go to web only ... local papers, both daily and weekly will still have a printed copy. hell, over half the work force of a paper is in the advertising department alone ... the web still has a LONG way to go for advertising on the small business side to really be profitable enough for companies to fully advertise on there since on the web you can block the ads. I mean saying newspapers are dead is a lot like saying magazines are dead and so are printed books all because that info can be gained on the web. not going to happen in my life time .. i'm afraid ... digital just does not have the same feel as opening up a book and being able to idly by flip through the pages, feel the surface of the paper under your finger tips and the ink of the printed words ripple under your touch. Books are sexy and sexy will never go away.

Well I guess I overstated, newspaper advertising is only down 48% in the last five years, with no sign of a comeback-

Combined online and print newspaper ad revenues fell 6.9 percent to $5.9 billion in Q2, marking the 20th consecutive decline for the industry, according to the latest figures from the Newspaper Association of America.

The consecutive decreases began in Q306, when combined print and online ad dollars declined a mere 1.5 percent to $11.7 billion. Since that point, newspaper ad dollars have fallen 48.8 percent, and there is no sign of a comeback.

Here is what wikipedia says on the subject:
The primary source of newspaper income is advertising – in the form of "classifieds" or inserted advertising circulars – rather than circulation income. However, since the late 1990s, this revenue source has been directly challenged by Web sites like eBay (for sales of secondhand items), Monster.com (jobs), and Craigslist (everything).

When we need yard sign installers we throw an ad on craigslist naming the town, route size and we now have a database of over 2,600 weekend job applicants who have filled out a 24 question online application from a link in the craigslist ad. If we ran newspaper ads they would either call or fax and it would eat up a lot more time on our end. We also wouldn't get all the questions we need answered, such as do you have a valid drivers license, insurance, a cell phone and internet access (our drivers need to reachable and able to do a weekly report online).

While I feel bad for people in the newspaper industry, I love the internet and what it can do for my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.