• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex printers L560 and L570

Dionysus

I still don't understand the use of only 1 light magenta / light blue printhead, when they know the color consistency problems that is caused when the printer is run fast. After being told that the optimizer printhead being too close to the other printheads was causing a problem, now they release this with two optimizer printheads with one being close to the lc/lm/ printhead. And, no mention of any ink changes or ink density increases for 10 pass or lower.

HA! Is this my co-worker tawkin? I to have had multi issues with the lt cy/mg in these things. look at it this way...(they just need 2 instead of 1)
YOU ARE NOT ALONE! in this fight.

dypinc

HA! Is this my co-worker tawkin? I to have had multi issues with the lt cy/mg in these things. look at it this way...(they just need 2 instead of 1)
YOU ARE NOT ALONE! in this fight.

The more I use only CMYK with 10pass and under the more I find it not necessary to use lc and lm. I would bet that the 500s will not allow lc and lm in low pass settings with the highest ink settings. That might be how they will get around the problem of having the lc/lm printhead close to the closest optimizer head.

dan1942

So I guess they have not changed the ink droplet size on the print heads to increase fine detail print quality on these new ones?

GP_Oz

"30-35% faster"

This is very misleading information IMO.
Unless they increase the carriage speed or swath width which i highly doubt, 6pass speed for example will still be the same as 360 6pass speed.
I think running higher ink loads at lower pass rates might be more accurate. ie 6pass 120ink, yes i can get 120ink down faster.

The vapor removal system is much appreciated though, curious to see if they have given the unit a higher duty cycle also. 1000m per month is not a lot of printing.

Hotspur

Higher Ink limits

How do you think that an additional LcLm-Head could help with color consistency? I have no idea.

The speaker mention higher densities when talking about "vivid" print modes, e. g. from 3:20. More detailed dealer information (we are dealers) talks about up to an ink limit of 185% at 10 passes frontlit printing (currently 120%). And for my opinion, the higher speed for outdoor prints rely directly to a higher ink density on 4 Pass Mode.

We haven't a demonstration unit until now, will be june as far as I expect. I will check that as soon as possible.

So I have these now and when you build a new profile you get an extra generic media to base your profile on named "Vivid" - the pass rates are restricted to the higher ones eg 12, 16 & 20p and they have extra headroom on the ink limits eg 12p gives a spread up to 185% for SAV for example.

However the standard generic profile build has also had a lift in the ink limits eg for SAV 8p it now goes to 120%, 6p up to 100% and 4p up to 80% so there's more gamut now on the faster passes too.

Not had enough time yet to make a solid call but the 6p at 100% does compare well to the 8p 100% on my 370 - looking like HP can back up the "speed" increase statement at the moment.

twmiller24

You must have not read the threads on here about color consistency. Just because you are printing things that don't show this problem (or you haven't noticed it) doesn't mean others don't have different printing needs and have noticed it.

Actually, on both the HP forum and this one, these issues are well documented. and Dypinc in particular has been relentless in trying to get HP to address them.

Updated firmware has improved the color consistency issues, and we no longer have to replace the light magenta/light cyan head every week, but enabling the printer to run continuously (without cooling between every job) would be a very helpful firmware update.

dypinc

Actually, on both the HP forum and this one, these issues are well documented. and Dypinc in particular has been relentless in trying to get HP to address them.

Updated firmware has improved the color consistency issues, and we no longer have to replace the light magenta/light cyan head every week, but enabling the printer to run continuously (without cooling between every job) would be a very helpful firmware update.

I have been told there is supposed to be another firmware release coming out later this summer to address issues with the lc/lm printhead. As to updated firmware again invalidating previous calibrations and profiles that remains to be seen.

As to enabling the 300 series printers to run continuously (without cooling between every job), I am told it is in the works but will be in a later firmware release. Still scratching my head as to why the 300's were ever released without this ability when the previous models had this ability.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We are looking at upgrading one of our L260's to a 360 this summer. Will this announcement do anything for pricing on the 360's?

No, the 360 isn't going anywhere. The 500 is more of a replacement to the 370 plus some new bells and whistles.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
I'd like to bump this for anymore possible feedback from 5 series owners as we are looking into potentially adding a 570 to our printer line up. Thx.

dypinc

I'd like to bump this for anymore possible feedback from 5 series owners as we are looking into potentially adding a 570 to our printer line up. Thx.

I am really surprised that we have not heard more about these 500 machine. Especially hitting higher gamut at lower passes that is a limitation of the 300 machines.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Here is a Latex Webinar we are hosting if anyone is interested in learning more about the HP Latex Technology.

WebinarHPFlyer.jpg

SARAP

Is anyone having issues with excessive wasted from crashes and feed out on small prints. On the new 560 the curing section is much longer than our older 25500. Many times the vinyl touches the top of the curing section since this area angles down and the material is coming out straight. Not much thinking must have went into that one. Anyway, I believe there is some residual adhesive on the top of this section that grabs anything coming though. Since it is so deep, you can't reach up in there to clean it without disassembly. This is certainly not a printer tat can be left unattended. We have to watch it until the first couple feet of material comes out on every job otherwise the material backs up and the head crashes into it.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Is anyone having issues with excessive wasted from crashes and feed out on small prints. On the new 560 the curing section is much longer than our older 25500. Many times the vinyl touches the top of the curing section since this area angles down and the material is coming out straight. Not much thinking must have went into that one. Anyway, I believe there is some residual adhesive on the top of this section that grabs anything coming though. Since it is so deep, you can't reach up in there to clean it without disassembly. This is certainly not a printer tat can be left unattended. We have to watch it until the first couple feet of material comes out on every job otherwise the material backs up and the head crashes into it.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my biggest issue. I've even tried attaching a scrap leader to it, and I still have crashes. This thing runs great, IF you start with 3' of material hanging out, and let it run a BIG long job. But for running one-sie, two-sie prints, I am throwing away as much in waste as I am printing on.
This thing definitely needs some of sort of pressure roller right at the opening to the curing unit, to keep the vinyl down and feeding through. Maybe the 600 series will have that?