• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex printers L560 and L570

dypinc

Not shure if higher ink densities are so easy to upgrade on a Latex 360. They say in the documentation that the second optimizer head is needed to achieve the higher density on faster print speeds, and the bigger curing zone too.

Yes ink starvation would be a potential problem if you needed lots of optimizer (not sure in most cases you would need that much), the same as we see now on the 300s with only haveing one lc/lm printhead. But yet they choose to only use one lc/lm printhead in the 500s. Go figure. I guess they must have figured anyone running 10 pass and lower doesn't use CMYKcm anyway.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes ink starvation would be a potential problem if you needed lots of optimizer (not sure in most cases you would need that much), the same as we see now on the 300s with only haveing one lc/lm printhead. But yet they choose to only use one lc/lm printhead in the 500s. Go figure. I guess they must have figured anyone running 10 pass and lower doesn't use CMYKcm anyway.

You must be the only person with this problem... we have been more than happy with our color quality and so have even our pickiest clients.

dypinc

You must be the only person with this problem... we have been more than happy with our color quality and so have even our pickiest clients.

You must have not read the threads on here about color consistency. Just because you are printing things that don't show this problem (or you haven't noticed it) doesn't mean others don't have different printing needs and have noticed it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

You must have not read the threads on here about color consistency. Just because you are printing things that don't show this problem (or you haven't noticed it) doesn't mean others don't have different printing needs and have noticed it.
I read all the threads, I just dont see it. we have had great consistency and use our NIX sensor to spot check our prints in various areas.

HulkSmash

Talked to HP about this recently - Only difference is the new machine will print on textiles much better. Other than that it;'s the same

Andriy

Agreed. The 360 is the best printer in the market by far.

It's a fact.

You forgot to specify that it's "best" when it comes to Latex printers only, even then I still read about people preferring older models every now and then.

solock

Not for nothing, but how in the hell did this printer not even get mentioned at ISA a week ago? Alarm bells were sounding in my head that the pricing on the 360/370 indicated that something was afoot, but no mention of the 560, and a direct denial to a question of so pricing seems to be getting really sharp, is there something in the pipeline that is causing that? No, nothing new coming...

Christian @ 2CT Media

360s will drop until gone..that why they are allowing you to double dip on current rebates and promos...

360s aren't going away... HP is discontinuing the 330 and the 370. The 360 will be the new mid range and 560/570 a premium model.

The 1500 is going to be around $220,000 according to my vendor.

nate

Its essentially a cleaning roller that must absorb the plasticizer

This is a great addition to the machine. My brother went to Spain to help with this machine, and that was the feature we were looking forward to the most when the new machines came out. (Spain being where the R&D is)

nate

Not for nothing, but how in the hell did this printer not even get mentioned at ISA a week ago? Alarm bells were sounding in my head that the pricing on the 360/370 indicated that something was afoot, but no mention of the 560, and a direct denial to a question of so pricing seems to be getting really sharp, is there something in the pipeline that is causing that? No, nothing new coming...

DRUPA is the big show. It got the announcements.