• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex printers L560 and L570

Bly

They look awesome.
HP really put some money into product development.
We'll stick with our 360s for now though.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I wanted to say so much on this one but I had to bite my tongue until the official release. These units are pretty cool but they wont be available until August. The 300 series will still be available for a long time. The price quote from 2CT is very accurate on the 500.

Latex is the way to go?

Sounds great just out of curiosity will they release a replacement for the 280 seems like a good machine wonder why they abandoned that configuration?

KevSign

We are very interesting but for the price over $30K, I think buy 2 L360 better use as backup printer. Let see 5Litter ink cost lower.

There is also Latex L1500 very good but price over $200K.

We may wait for coming down a bit before buy.

FrankW

Sounds great just out of curiosity will they release a replacement for the 280 seems like a good machine wonder why they abandoned that configuration?

I have asked for a 280-replacement too some time ago. The people from HP Spain (they develop the large format printers for the worldwide market) told me that the current technology wouldn't work reliable in that width (max. up to 2.2m/87"). And the 280 wasn't as successful as needed to spend time and money in developing a printer of that width. I'm disappointed about that, because we have sometimes sold more 280 than 260, but to be honest some time only because no 64" was available.

Ditchmiester

We are looking at upgrading one of our L260's to a 360 this summer. Will this announcement do anything for pricing on the 360's?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We are looking at upgrading one of our L260's to a 360 this summer. Will this announcement do anything for pricing on the 360's?
That's what we were wondering....we were just about to hit the switch on a new L370 last week till we caught wind of the new line coming out. So not sure if we wanna grab one or wait till August for the 570.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I was told the 360 pricing is going to stay and they will continue to sell the 360. The 370 will be phased out and the 560/570 will take over the premium spot at the high price point.

The Latex 1500 is the new baby 3100... Same benefits at half the speed and price.

Tim Aucoin

The 570 looks like a beautiful printer... definitely a lot of improvements over the 360. Perhaps in a few years when my 360 has served it's life, I'll look at a new one... but... I'll bet there are even better things coming from HP! I'm excited to see what I will purchase next! :Big Laugh

dypinc

That's what we were wondering....we were just about to hit the switch on a new L370 last week till we caught wind of the new line coming out. So not sure if we wanna grab one or wait till August for the 570.

Looking at the specs so far on the 500s it looks like if you usually run 12pass and higher there is no real gain over the L300 series other than the feed and take-up system. At 10 pass and lower especially 6 and 4 pass there should be some awesome speed gain while keeping gamut pretty high. The real test will be how much optimizer will you need at 6 and 4 pass and how much offset that will be to the maximum ink density they allow you to choose.

FrankW

Looking at the specs so far on the 500s it looks like if you usually run 12pass and higher there is no real gain over the L300 series other than the feed and take-up system.

Who usually run 12 Passes ;) ? An additional advantage is the wiper roller mentioned in the video (if it works like they promise), and - if you have more than one unit (latex 3xx, latex 5xx, latex 1500/3000 and so on) a new cross calibration functionality which allows to synchronize the colours of that units. And, if you check the specs, you will see that the Latex 360 will have a power consumption of max. 4.6KW, the 500 4.0KW only.

dypinc

Who usually run 12 Passes ;) ?

POP and anything that uses a lot of lc/lm. If using a lot of lc/lm you need you need to add inter-pass delay at 10 pass anyhow so you might as well run as 12 pass. And anything that needs higher than 120% ink density can't be run at anything faster than 12 pass.

FrankW

Ah, ok. Thank you.

There is an additional point I have to mention: continuous printing. On a 300, when sending single jobs, the printer wil dry and cure after every single job. On a 500, with continuous printing activated, single jobs of the same print mode can be printed continuous, without curing breaks.

dypinc

Ah, ok. Thank you.

There is an additional point I have to mention: continuous printing. On a 300, when sending single jobs, the printer wil dry and cure after every single job. On a 500, with continuous printing activated, single jobs of the same print mode can be printed continuous, without curing breaks.

That is another thing they could change in a firmware update on the 300s along with increasing ink density. I have been after them about both these things for a long time. Everybody else needs to call HP tech and do the same.

FrankW

Not shure if higher ink densities are so easy to upgrade on a Latex 360. They say in the documentation that the second optimizer head is needed to achieve the higher density on faster print speeds, and the bigger curing zone too.