• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Night Owl Logo

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Geno where do you buy chips in a 1 gallon paint bucket can?
And do they come in family sized 5 gallon pails too?

wayne k
guam usa

TammieH

Sometimes people over think...I like your original version and version #2 where you had the 3 versions together.

Nourse1

Tweaks

Well here we go. Hows this looking?

Attachments

• Night Owl1V2.jpg
    Night Owl1V2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 127

Jillbeans

Make systems in a plain font not italic in plain white inside a plain black panel.
Reads Night Vowl to me.

Tiki

Font Sage
Reduce the v looking brow as suggested a few times
Maybe try beefing up the the typeface little more and slant it

You should also try something similar to Joes simple nice looking illustration using the Owl face :smile:

Attachments

• 1aa.jpg
    1aa.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 115

SignManiac

Well done Tiki! I saw that as the same problem and why it looked so much like a V. the reason I changed my concept entirely. Yours solves that problem nicely.

Border

Had to check back in the moment I saw that Tiki had replied. As usual, very impressive!
Amazing how much a couple of slight tweaks can take it from cool concept to awesome.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Geno where do you buy chips in a 1 gallon paint bucket can?
And do they come in family sized 5 gallon pails too?

wayne k
guam usa

Believe it or not, there's an Amish place a few miles up the road and they're still made in lard and fresh daily and there's a conveyor belt which drop the chips into a 4gal can or any other size container you might have with you. I saw a guy one time fill up huge plastic bags with these chips and there was something like 8lbs in each bag. This place is called.... Dieffenbach's Potato Chips
They are truly the bestest !!

Back to your regular programming......... :thread

Attachments

• chip-group.jpg
    chip-group.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 133

Nourse1

Further Tweaks

Reduced the left side of the eyebrow and a couple of other things.
really liked the leading hook on the N that Tiki added hoping this is final version. Thanks for all the help People!

Attachments

• FINAL.jpg
    FINAL.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 116

Colin

Never.......I repeat NEVER have two differing slants of text on any given sign or logo. Make 'em the same degree. What you have with two different angles is a visual dis-chord that makes the eyes bleed.

Nourse1

Bleeding eyes

Never.......I repeat NEVER have two differing slants of text on any given sign or logo. Make 'em the same degree. What you have with two different angles is a visual dis-chord that makes my eyes bleed.
Sorry didnt mean to make ur eyes bleed fixing Now

Colin

I would also not use that font for SYSTEMS, it's too fat/bold; you generally don't want all text in a multi-word logo to be highly characterized or embellished. The idea is to hit 'em over the head with one thing, not two, or more.

Nourse1

Font

I would also not use that font for SYSTEMS, it's too fat/bold; you generally don't want all text in a multi-word logo to be highly characterized or embellished. The idea is to hit 'em over the head with one thing, not two, or more.

Any suggestions I just scrolled through over 10,000 and none of the really did it for me.