• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OEM latex ink

jens

L25500 and xl600

Does anybody got those machines running with OEM inks ?
sam ink can provide ink systems an ink.
We are going to give it a try... keep you posted.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Sam Ink has been very dissapointing, they must have horrible service if it takes over 2 weeks for someone to get back to you like it has with me. I was excited when I heard about their latex inks but like I said no one will call me back so I am anti SAM INK!! Whats going to happen when your machine goes down and no one will help you?

jens

we did run 3hp 5500 and 2 hp 5000 on dye and pigment ink for 4 years. never had a problem... But someone you already printed with his latex ink ? they did get a good flaar report so i guess that the ink is good... I think we are going to convert the l25500 first and see how it runs. for as far i can see the bulk system for the l25500 is quite te same of the old 5500 system. exept for the chip resetters. Are there other manufacters of latex OEM ink ?

Hzone15

Flaar reports while very informative, are always bias based on donated equipment or cash changing hands.

MachServTech

Flaar is doublespeak and opinion (some of which is paid for), with a few specs and speeds thrown in for good measure. Nothing you couldnt get from going to ISA or SGIA and reading the spec sheets for yourself.

I have seen printed samples of the SAM ink for the L25500, but I get the impression its not out of beta testing.

jens

We did orderd a bulk system and ink for the l22500 so i keep you all posted.
I m going to do a full test. gamma compairing and sytem.

SignTeam.us

I use Sam Ink for my Eco solvent and they work perfect. They call me every few weeks if I need more ink. I'm really happy with their customer service.

SAM*INK

BSc, MSc, MBA. Director & CEO.
Totally agreed with you BIG FISH.:U Rock:

At Sunday school, my 8-year old asked:
‘Daddy, why Scooby-Doo ghosts hide behind blankets?’
I WAS SHOCKED.

Hello 'adrain4012':
Would you be Mister Adrian Yap +60.12.23.22.293,
ayap1488@gmail.com the ex inkjet ink salesman at Spectral Solutions
Sendirian Berhad in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?

‘Signs 101’, ‘About Me’ information indicates that you are:
Company: none
Plotters & Printers: inkjet

Linkedin indicates an Adrian Yap, residing in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, involved in the printing business and currently self-employed?

Kind Regards,
Sam
Director, SAM*INK®
INKJET SYSTEMS Private Limited
16 Kallang Place. #04-22. Singapore 339156.
Tel: +65.6333.3302. Fax: +65.6341.7632.

Last edited:

SAM*INK

BSc, MSc, MBA. Director & CEO.
Sam Ink has been very dissapointing, they must have horrible service if it takes over 2 weeks for someone to get back to you like it has with me. I was excited when I heard about their latex inks but like I said no one will call me back so I am anti SAM INK!! Whats going to happen when your machine goes down and no one will help you?

Dear BigfishDM,

My name is Sam, director at SAM*INK®.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you.
I am sorry and I apologize that we were unable to get back to you earlier.
Let me personally reach out and help you directly.
Please iMessage or whatsapp my personal iPhone at +65.9011.2282
I look forward to have a happy and life-long relationship with you Josh.

Kind Regards,

Sam
Director, SAM*INK®
INKJET SYSTEMS Private Limited
16 Kallang Place. #04-22. Singapore 339156.
Tel: +65.6333.3302. Fax: +65.6341.7632.

wunder

I think the SAM-INK is currently not a good choice for Latex. If they're really able to produce the latex ink works without problems then it should for SAM INK be the smallest problem to offer an update for existing other systems (solvent update) thinks times over it.....there is the hook !!! :popcorn:

See Bordeaux with there Latex ink....and now ?!?!? nothing too

regards
wunder

jeffburris

Sam Ink

Sam,
do you currently have a latex ink that works on the L28500 and the LX850? I am looking at each of these and the OEM inks are about 1/2 the price on the LX850 but you only get 2ft wider printing but it is over $100k more in cost, but if I can get my ink costs down on a L28500 I would rather buy that printer to save investment. But if not able to get a cheaper ink then the LX850 will pay for the increased price , $125k, in ink cost savings (oem vs oem ) over 60 months.
I am hoping you have a latex ink that is ready to run in the L28500 now.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We got a set of SAM*INK from the only US supplier to try in our Latex. To be Honest there is a color shift, not huge and un-surmountable but definitely noticeable and will require profiling. The biggest problem we are contending with is the Chips on the carts, we can get one print cycle and then they get corrupted. They sent us the new version of the chips to try, but we have been so busy we haven't wanted to create any issues so we haven't tried them yet. The US supplier also assures us that the bulk ink system doesn't have the corruption issues because the chips on the cartridges don't read levels.

I haven't said the supplier name because they aren't MMs here.

I guess I'm different. I don't think saving a few bucks on a cartridge is worth risking print heads and quality. I just use the right stuff and go on about my business. Thats probably why I lose a few jobs to lowballers. However I get some enjoyment when those customers come back complaining about a previous project.

We do a lot of shirts and it makes me laugh when I see someone go to another shop and I see them wearing a shirt that half the ink has fallen out or the white ink is a nice shade of yellow.