• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ongoing Print Issues on my RF640

heyskull

The supplier of my inks has offered a few options.
1. Change the printer back to their version of Max 2 inks.
2. Run it with a futher batch of their Max 3 inks and see if the problems persist.
3. Return to using OEM Max 3 inks.

I am a bit wary of changing to Max 2 as I feel this will affect colours/gamut.

SC

cornholio

The Versaworks update won't change a thing. It's mostly because of newly introduced printers. Except your version is very old.

cornholio

The Roland Max3 has a very clean yellow (compared to Max and Max2). It also dries faster. Lately, I had some issues with Max3 yellow. I switched those (customers)machines back to Max2.

heyskull

Do I need to flush or clean my system switching back to original Roland Max3 inks?
I understand i will need to run a few cleans and cross contamination between the inks may be an issue.

My inks as they stand are:-
Black one cartridge 0% one cartridge at 75%
Magenta one cartridge 20% one cartridge 100%
Yellow one cartridge 0% one cartridge at 75%
Cyan one cartridge 0% one cartridge at 75%

I never have let this machine run so low on ink but I am thinking less inks mixing.

SC

cornholio

Do a medium cleaning having a set of cartridges in one position, then put the cartridges in the other position and do a couple (2-3) power cleanings.

heyskull

Do a medium cleaning having a set of cartridges in one position, then put the cartridges in the other position and do a couple (2-3) power cleanings.
Thank You.
Roland would like me to do a complete flush but I thought that was a bit excessive and expensive.

SC