• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop noobie needs help changing color

D2S

Alright let me walk you thru it.

First select the Magic Wand Tool ( right side of tool bar second item looks like a wand) Then you click the area you want to change, which in this case is the bg. Once selected go back to the tool bar it is the sixth option on the right side, it may look like a gradient bar, if so click and a option will open you want the second one which looks like a paint can spilling. Now before you click the black area you need to look at the bottom of the tool box there is two colors there, ( depending on what you have used) click on the top one and an eye dropper appears, once there choose your shade of blue. Then use the paint bucket tool in the flashing area. Once that is done you can click on the first tool on the left and click any where on the image to get ride of the flashing marquee. Also you may want to touch up the image as I did it real quick and it wasn't perfect so select the paint brush tool fourth down on the right , Might look like a pencil so do the same as you did with the gradient to get the paint brush and just brush over any areas that need touch ups.

Hope this helped tried to be specific

jiarby

use magic wand to delete the black then slip a sky photo behind in a separate layer... dont forget the tufts in between the ears like I did! About 3 minutes in PS7 (gasp). 2 minutes of that was finding the sky.jpg file!

Attachments

• horsedone.jpg
    horsedone.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 124

high impact

You guys all crack me up!!! Getting fancy and all! I like the sky behind Jiarby's!

Not so bad after a one on one tutorial by our one and only BOGIE!!!

I didn't realize the paint bucket was hiding behind one of those little black drop down triangles. I never realized how many different ways you can do one thing in Photoshop...it's like "have your pick"!

Thanks a million to all you guys who helped...I will post results later after I play a little more.