• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

property rental company logo

Pete Moss

Have at 'er. Bigging stages rendered in black and white for now. Made this after reading the awesome article on hidden symbols in logos.

Attachments

• east end properties.jpg
    east end properties.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 213

Pat Whatley

To me it's not working. I don't get the A being rotated. I understand you're trying to make it look like it's pointing East but it's not working.

Pete Moss

meh, why do you say it's not working, specifically? It reads fine, the inside of the A points east. If anything I think the fonts could be more interesting and I'm sure color will help add interest a well.

Joe Diaz

It should be added that the iconicity of the figurative-narrative line-space matrix spatially undermines the inherent overspecificity.

No but really
I actually like the concept. I don't like the right design as much. If you are going to turn the A you don't really need the compass icon. I think if you were to increase the size of "end" or go with an extended font so that it fills in that whole space it wouldn't leave the
awkward blank space that you tried to fill with the compass on the design to the right.

Because "Properties" has that descender, I don't think it works with lower case as well as it would in all caps.

anotherdog

Oh I get it, the A is falling over? They manage properties so badly they fall over?

Sort of suggests chaos in a trade where you want to suggest order.

Also using the word END on its own line...hidden messages? this is full of doom.

MikePro

I understand what you're shooting for with the "East A"... what about making it a black triangle instead?
to me, nothing is truly pointing when its got a flat-top. just sayin'

eastA.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whether it's working or not in your mind isn't your original question.... it is not at all professional looking, whatsoever.

I've seen better ads for hamburger joints.... and you're trying to create a logo. If you're plan is to create an awesome hidden element, I would try harder and start over.

'A' points east as long as you're not paying any attention to where the sign will eventually end up being placed in the field. Then it might be pointing towards a trash dumpster.

Steve C.

I don't see how the A on its side is ever going to work. From a distance it will
look like EDST END. Try turning the D on the end of END into a triangle. JMHO

Jillbeans

I don't think it works either.
The sideways A is just too disconcerting.
It also subtly implies something falling over.
Here are two suggestions.
My top idea, if the arrow was red, would look like a false nose for a party though.
:doh:
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 196

TheSellOut

I didn't pick up on the "A" as an arrow right away, especially not the negative space in the "A". Matbe if you made the negative space a color it would pop!

Here's an idea.

Attachments

• East End.jpg
    East End.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 140

Pat Whatley

meh, why do you say it's not working, specifically? It reads fine, the inside of the A points east. If anything I think the fonts could be more interesting and I'm sure color will help add interest a well.

Okay....No. It does not read well. It reads like somebody tried to get cutesy with it. The chunk top of the A does not look like it's pointing anywhere, it looks like it fell over. You're trying to use "hidden symbol" as a gimmick instead of an element.

Adding color will just be putting lipstick on a pig.

Don't get that wrong, I like the idea of making the A and arrow, you just haven't pulled it off with what you've posted.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I don't think it works either.
The sideways A is just too disconcerting.
It also subtly implies something falling over.
Here are two suggestions.
My top idea, if the arrow was red, would look like a false nose for a party though.
:doh:
Love....Jill
I really like these, Jill....

Here is another variation on your theme.

I would probably spend some time looking for a proper light weight condensed squarish font for "PROPERTIES" than the squished Eurostile Condensed that I threw in here. The reason I went with a light weight on this was to keep the was to keep the positive/negative space more balanced within the bar. Its still just as readable, I think...

Attachments

• EastEndProp.jpg
    EastEndProp.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 148

sardocs

Instead of using a font, maybe just draw a couple lines...

Attachments

• eastend.jpg
    eastend.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 143

signmeup

Um.... what do they sell? Trailers, condos, skyscrapers.......? This would affect how I would approch their logo.

Pete Moss

Thanks for the input everyone I really appreciate it. Although readable to me I agree, the sideways "A" is a little edgy for a property management company. As far as not being able to see the negative space. In reading the article of hidden symbols in logos you'll find that many of them are indeed quite hidden, until pointed out. I like Jill's top design and may do a variation. I incorporated three of the suggestions I heard. It is a bit boring looking, to me, and the "D" reads as a play button. Maybe if it were a video store, although I can think of one off hand that's already done this. As far as all of you out there who post just to make yourself look like your king of a pissing contest, I'm not impressed. Although I'm a "newbie" here, I have 15+ years of experience in the graphics field, a degree in graphic design and art in galleries. I know how the design elements work and appreciate the critiquing process. To anyone who has ever posted here it is obvious. You're snide condescension just makes you look arrogant. Productive criticism is progressive. Unless it's funny, which I think many of you who raise their noses, are trying to do, ultimately fail. Don't get me wrong most of you provide great input which proves very valuable.

Attachments

• ee.jpg
    ee.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 163
Last edited: