• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Second attempt at illustrating a car...MGB

signmeup

I posterized the drawing in Photoshop. I think it looks cool.

Attachments

• MGB2 copy.jpg
    MGB2 copy.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 81

garisimo

Here's the pic I used. I found this on the internet. So... is the rendering mine to do with as I please or...?

The original image, unless specifically put into Creative Commons where derivative works are allowed, is covered under copyright. That being the case, unless you get permission (in writing) from the photographer, you would be intruding on someone's "right to copy."

Realistically, you are pretty safe using a web image for learning to illustrate, but I would avoid using the image to make shirts for resale, offering it up as stock illustration (istock, etc.), or using it in a product for a client.

iStock has a much better explanation regarding derivative works, here.

Great illustration, btw!

Cheers!

-g-

signmeup

I finally finished this one up. (It now has headlights, door handles, windshield wipers, etc.) Thought you might like to see the final product.

Attachments

• MGBpicture8.jpg
    MGBpicture8.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 80

phototec

I finally finished this one up. (It now has headlights, door handles, windshield wipers, etc.) Thought you might like to see the final product.

Sign, it looks really good, nice job.

Ok, you did the windshield wipers, etc, lots of fine detail, so how big is the illustration overall to allow the fine detail work?

:thumb:

TheSellOut

That looks top notch SignME!! You have come a long way in such a short period of time! The detail in this final drawing really brings your car to life! Thanks for sharing!!

artbot

!!! for forty hours you could do a detailed 3D illustration. the nice thing about 3D is when finished you get virtually thousands of "2d" images. and you can set the camera at angles for rendering that are impossible for a human to take (like you'd practically have to be inside the pavement or soaring over head). also, there's a market out there for object files.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think he means how large the cdr is.
10 megs 100megs etc...
Some vector files can get pretty tubby.

wayne k
guam usa

OldPaint

Only problem i see............mgb's(i had 15) dont have a center hood crease. the hood is flat all the way across. but looks good.

Joe Diaz

I think he means how large the cdr is.
10 megs 100megs etc...
Some vector files can get pretty tubby.

wayne k
guam usa

I have found that vector work like this is much lighter than raster files... that is if you are comparing the two using the resolution and size of raster images I usually like to work with. My guess is just the vector version of his illustration is just around or under 10Mb. I'm just guessing though. That seems to be how small my illustrations tend to be, the minute I start adding bitmaps, like textures or shadow effects, the file size starts to jump up.

signmeup

Only problem i see............mgb's(i had 15) dont have a center hood crease. the hood is flat all the way across. but looks good.
I only have 2 MGB's but their hoods are curved in both directions and have 2 small creases at the centre of the hood near the grill badge. The edge of one of the creases is where I started the reflection on the hood.