• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SGIA 2012 and CET

synergy_jim

Just spent an hour with CET at their booth. I'm very impressed with their flatbeds and the build quality. Might have just made my decision.

Also love the new Roland Pro 4.... silver ink has come a long way!!!

HulkSmash

Spent a while with cet today. Great group of guys who know their product. Marty or jack are the two that really helped me out.

synergy_jim

Visiting both again tomorrow. I'll ask Roland about versaworks. As for CET, very impressed with field upgradability and the fact they have free tech training so we can service our own machine.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Before y'all make your final decision, please visit FLORA Booth 3191 and talk with Scott Svidergol and Bobby Fosson (owner, CS Sign Supply)

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Before y'all make your final decision, please visit FLORA Booth 3191 and talk with Scott Svidergol and Bobby Fosson (owner, CS Sign Supply)

+1 at looking into the Flora Unit. I have had a demo unit since July to use and they are great printers and are easy to use. Should be installing our first two units within the next couple of weeks.

synergy_jim

Honestly.... The guys at CET sold me on the machine. I want to deal with good people, and as near as I can tell, that's exactly what the are. As for Roland, no comment on
New versaworks...

Desert_Signs

silver ink has come a long way!!!

I was at the Epson booth earlier and was talking to them about the silver ink. Did Roland tell you that the silver ink 'life' is only 3 weeks? Yeah, you read that right, 3 weeks.

IIRC, Epson and Roland use the same ink (Ultra Chrome). The Epson folks told me that indoors, the silver is great. But if it's outside or gets any sunlight, don't expect it to stay silver for even a month.

JS

Prices

Can someone post some approx. prices of both the flora and CET. Perhaps just a ballpark price. Thanks

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
It is hard to give you an approx. price because they have different options but list price on the base Flora model is $92,500 but I know that they had SGIA special pricing for anyone at the show. Can't speak to the pricing of the CET as we don't sell them.

CS-SignSupply

Can someone post some approx. prices of both the flora and CET. Perhaps just a ballpark price. Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to call in James. Your email with datasheets, pricing and manual will be sent within the hour.

Andrew O

Merchant Member
I know the comment was off the original topic, but I thought I'd address the 3 week claim for metallic. I'm not sure where that came from, but it simply isn't the case. Metallic output should be laminated for scratch resistance, but when laminated, it will last three years or more, as noted on our website here - http://rolanddga.com/products/inks/silver/features.asp.

artbot

Attachments

• AP series071.jpg
    AP series071.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 152

artbot

there's not that much to pick. there's a bunch of veterans on this board that run these daily. i've got a CET fk512 stuck in storage because of moving to a new building issues. so maybe some day i'll be a flatbed guru.

i did just go through the vetting of what printer for what price would be best.

if it were me and my little shop, i would have gone Ntek. (because i can fix it myself and no part cost much more than $300). but for more intense printing a used CET was the winner. (which i also am sure i can fix 90% of the issues. it looks like a breeze to work on).

HulkSmash

we're very close on pulling the trigger on a CET. Just getting the specs sorted out. If that falls through we're getting the FLORA through Denco. They offer local support which is important to us.