• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SGIA 2012 and CET

HulkSmash

If I may ask, why are you leaning to the CET over the Flora?

I've been in talks with CET since before they became popular. I love their service, and the output quality of their machines. I know the first generation was a FLORA. To me it's about service. I was skeptical about CET, in the beginning, just like i am about FLORA at the moment. Not the quality of the machine -- but more of the service for it. Not many know how to service it. Also CET is giving me a week of free training to teach me how to change and fix everything myself. I don't have to bother service techs all day. I've talked to dozens of owners of the machine, and they love it.. seriously not a single bad review. I can't find a single review for FLORA...

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Also CET is giving me a week of free training to teach me how to change and fix everything myself. I don't have to bother service techs all day.

So are there backup service technicians for CET around the country should the customer not be able to get the unit running or are they all located in Atlanta?

As for Flora each dealer gets trained to be able to install, diagnose and repair the printers. I was out in California along with our other technician John back in September for this reason. Graphix Direct, who imports the units to the US and has setup the dealer channel, has technicians on staff should any questions come up that the dealer needs help with. Flora also has a technician from China in the US named Bruce that I have worked with and he is very knowledgeable. Graphix Direct works very closely with Flora in china and they are very responsive. From what I can see Flora is very interested in the US market and they are doing things the right way with setting up the dealer channel and the techs to be able to support these installs.

We didn’t sell this printer as we were just coming on as a dealer but I was involved with installing a printer in January and the unit has worked great since then.

HulkSmash

So are there backup service technicians for CET around the country should the customer not be able to get the unit running or are they all located in Atlanta?

As for Flora each dealer gets trained to be able to install, diagnose and repair the printers. I was out in California along with our other technician John back in September for this reason. Graphix Direct, who imports the units to the US and has setup the dealer channel, has technicians on staff should any questions come up that the dealer needs help with. Flora also has a technician from China in the US named Bruce that I have worked with and he is very knowledgeable. Graphix Direct works very closely with Flora in china and they are very responsive. From what I can see Flora is very interested in the US market and they are doing things the right way with setting up the dealer channel and the techs to be able to support these installs.

We didn’t sell this printer as we were just coming on as a dealer but I was involved with installing a printer in January and the unit has worked great since then.

I'm sure FLORA has excellent support, I just need to hear it from end users.

Naskhan

I saw the Flora printer at this past SGIA show and I have to say that all the print samples that they had displaying looked washed out. The CET samples were more vivid.

CS-SignSupply

I saw the Flora printer at this past SGIA show and I have to say that all the print samples that they had displaying looked washed out. The CET samples were more vivid.

Which images might you be referring to? The prints on the G-Floor product looked flawless as did the PVC boards, with exception to one that Bruce and I tweaked the color curves on one profile/one print.

ArtBot, you mention another printer from China. Do you have any knowledge of the ones at this site? http://www.handtoptech.com/index.asp

Naskhan

I am talking about all the prints they had in front and around the machine. The prints were dull compared to every other flatbed I saw at the show really. Maybe was a color profile issue but seemed like everyone else had their machines dialed in. I was there Thursday and Friday so I can't speak for Saturday.

CS-SignSupply

There was one that I am aware of a color issue in which there was a color profile, other than the one I personally tweaked (and oversaturated). There was one other issue in which it was determined the profile was edited but I was not present during the change. It looked as if the Gradient Smoothness was set to normal when it should have been Enhanced.

If we were using the Gloss Varnish, color may have popped a little better but we were very happy with the output as was a buyer of mine in AL. Installing in a few weeks and will include a 3 day training class with the client, as well as offering our support and that of the Flora/GraphixDirect support/service team.

HulkSmash

There was one that I am aware of a color issue in which there was a color profile, other than the one I personally tweaked (and oversaturated). There was one other issue in which it was determined the profile was edited but I was not present during the change. It looked as if the Gradient Smoothness was set to normal when it should have been Enhanced.

If we were using the Gloss Varnish, color may have popped a little better but we were very happy with the output as was a buyer of mine in AL. Installing in a few weeks and will include a 3 day training class with the client, as well as offering our support and that of the Flora/GraphixDirect support/service team.

May have been flawless for the flora.. doesn't mean that there isn't better.

CS-SignSupply

In this instance, was flawless for a paying customer, even after visiting and comparing first hand to other brands mentioned here. They have chosen to run 12 heads with the Roll to Roll option.

artbot

handtop... looks like this platform is like some kind of license build.

so now we have aojet, flora, CET, and handtop all making the same printer.

i'm not surprised. in the solvent printer market the industry went to a "kit of parts" build. kind of open source printers much like cnc routers have become.

each solvent printer is one of four basic platforms, even though there are 100 different builders. the fact that this CET platform is flourishing is testament to it's stability.

and think of this. we all get "CET's" there will be cheap ones and CET ones but it's a huge user base. i'd hate be the one lone ranger with the hoobastank 3000 that no one can help him with.

synergy_jim

FYI.... CET just redesigned their units. I wouldn't put them in the same category with the flora unit any more....

The 5x10 we are ordering looks nothing like the flora unit...

CS-SignSupply

Is it a hybrid or true flatbed? obviously the 1000HL hybrid roll to roll is in another category... Flora doesnt offer their HJII5000UV in the US. Their focus is on the true flatbed 4x8 and 6x10 with 8,12 & 16 KonicaMinolta heads.

Congrats on the new investment.

With Floras US presence, dealer channel and support - great value and representation.

And special congrats to Sean Schott at Denco Sales for selling Flora's 20,000th printer in worldwide sales to FastSigns of Downtown Denver.

CS-SignSupply

I read your post as you 'might' have made a decision and apparently was also considering or liking the Roland product. As an daily active MM offering a competitive product, I thought I would at least go to bat for my team and post.

Hint taken though. No hard feelings?

synergy_jim

I read your post as you 'might' have made a decision and apparently was also considering or liking the Roland product. As an daily active MM offering a competitive product, I thought I would at least go to bat for my team and post.

Hint taken though. No hard feelings?

Just busting your balls a little...... I'll look at anything.... I'll PM you my email.

BTW.... the Pro 4 was amazing... We are ordering one very soon!!!!

Signartetc1314

SGIA and CET

I have learned a lot from this forum.

We have run a HP45500 for the past 4 years and are now ready to invest in a true flatbed. We spent a lot of time with David and crew at the CET booth in Vegas last week. The machine that best fits our current needs in terms of a speed and quality combination is the X-Press 500 with the Spectra heads. I know there are many folks who are fans of the Ricoh head machine.....I was wondering if there are any problems related to the Spectra heads.

Our HP has two sets of heads, so we easily mask when a nozzle or two goes out. Is missing jets a problem with the CET Spectra head machine? How does that affect image quality? We are looking at the X-Press 500 with the single set of CMYKlclm+W heads.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

-Doug

Last edited:

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
I have learned a lot from this forum.

We have run a HP45500 for the past 4 years and are now ready to invest in a true flatbed. We spent a lot of time with David and crew at the CET booth in Vegas last week. The machine that best fits our current needs in terms of a speed and quality combination is the X-Press 500 with the Spectra heads. I know there are many folks who are fans of the Ricoh head machine.....I was wondering if there are any problems related to the Spectra heads.

Our HP has two sets of heads, so we easily mask when a nozzle or two goes out. Is missing jets a problem with the CET Spectra head machine? How does that affect image quality? We are looking at the X-Press 500 with the single set of CMYKlclm+W heads.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

-Doug

Hi Doug.

Right now, I only see Durst doing a great with speatra head for UV printing, they also so with Richo as well.
The weakness on UV printing with speatra head is you will see some nozzle lines, not as smooth as you want. As spectra polaris basic resolution is 100 per module, each module have two lines, and each polaris print head have two pieces, 4 lines, total physical resolution is 200dpi, print width is about 64.89mm, that will affect the quality expecially when you print with low passes.

May you can consider the Konica head 512/14pl. That is the most popular print head in this field now, with its stable, quality and easy maintenance.
and its upgrade to 1024/6pl. a great quality output.

Or you can also check the Toshiba head, Oce Arizona printer. Quality and speed as well .

:smile:
Nicky

benjakes

I own a konica head and spectra head CET. The software and smoothing is much better on the X-Press 500 (spectra) than the konica. You will be ver pleased. It is also 3 times faster than the konica, and you do not have as many head drop outs.

Nicky, you are in the chinese market selling Flora printers for 35k. It is much different here.

Do you remember me, we met when you worked for Flora. I am in NY.

HulkSmash

I own a konica head and spectra head CET. The software and smoothing is much better on the X-Press 500 (spectra) than the konica. You will be ver pleased. It is also 3 times faster than the konica, and you do not have as many head drop outs.

Nicky, you are in the chinese market selling Flora printers for 35k. It is much different here.

Do you remember me, we met when you worked for Flora. I am in NY.

nicky sell me a flora for 35k? thanks.