• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

stacking vinyl on top of vinyl for acryclic sign, does light still shine through?

0igo

this whole project is wonky. you haven't given enough info about it.

1. 8x8 sign. is this sign supposed to be opaque or is it supposed to be translucent backlit illuminated sign?
2. if solid then ok lay down red then an opaque yellow on top.
3. if translucent then do what jill said. knock out the red letters then yellow on top with 1/8 overlap. using translucent vinyl. if its translucent and your doing two 4x8 then your going to have an ugly vertical seam in the middle. also how will it be supported in the middle. how will light not shine through that middle seam. also if it is translucent you should NOT be using acrylic. you should use LEXAN and an 8x8 sheet if available. you will still have a vertical vinyl seam.

thank you and the seam is covered. it's going to be a backlit sign.

0igo

No, not at all. How frickin' stoopid can you be ?? Anyone knows if a gatorboard sign flies off a roof anywhere, it's toast. Why waste time looking for something like that ?? That was a dumb action on my part, but not nearly as dumb as all your constant idiotic questions.

Ask the guys at Home Depot, they have an acrylic aisle. They even have fletcher cutters to cut the stuff for you. Then, go to Staples and have their sign department cut the oversized letters for you.

Does light shine through your ears with a flashlight on one side at night ??

why waste time commenting on a post you have no intention on helping out on lol. seems like you have a lot of time to waste...go look for that gatorboard

Gino

Premium Subscriber
why waste time commenting on a post you have no intention on helping out on lol. seems like you have a lot of time to waste...go look for that gatorboard

Nah, this is more fun.

You just amaze me. I don't think I've ever seen so many questions all over the place from one person...... even a little 3 year old doesn't ask so many questions. Based on what you've asked over just the last few days or week or so..... what kinda signs don't you have a problem with when getting an order ?? In fact, how do you talk to these people if you haven't a clue as to what you're doing. I mean..... no offense, but are you really a sign shop or what ??

0igo

Nah, this is more fun.

You just amaze me. I don't think I've ever seen so many questions all over the place from one person...... even a little 3 year old doesn't ask so many questions. Based on what you've asked over just the last few days or week or so..... what kinda signs don't you have a problem with when getting an order ?? In fact, how do you talk to these people if you haven't a clue as to what you're doing. I mean..... no offense, but are you really a sign shop or what ??

I'm just a really good $ale$ person.

Andy D

Gino, I didn't want to be a Nark, but I was in front of your shop the day your sign went missing
and saw this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• sign theif.jpg
    sign theif.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 179

Gino

Premium Subscriber
At least she had enough sense to tie it down.

Sure can tell it's a Friday. :wink: