• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

T-Shirt Design

NEGD

you chimed in with your nonsense and want to defend stupidity.

I might be grumpy and I might be old, but I'm not the one asking for help, huh ??

This place is for exchanging ideas, arguing, finding sources and just plain old fashioned fun.

Who on here is stupid? Since when are ideas stupid? I didn't know that old fashioned fun meant slammin on someone who was just looking help. My point to BOB, not to you, was that he may be a long time member here, and I may be doing exactly what you both are looking for as an end result, but I am seriously rethinking my membership to a forum where it's acceptable to put someone down.

It's a shame, I thought I found some place helpful and the two of you seem to just want to ruin it.

signmeup

Who on here is stupid? Since when are ideas stupid? I didn't know that old fashioned fun meant slammin on someone who was just looking help. My point to BOB, not to you, was that he may be a long time member here, and I may be doing exactly what you both are looking for as an end result, but I am seriously rethinking my membership to a forum where it's acceptable to put someone down.

It's a shame, I thought I found some place helpful and the two of you seem to just want to ruin it.
Put on your big girl panties and man up a bit. If bob really bothers you put him on your ignore list and you'll never see his posts again.

NEGD

Put on your big girl panties and man up a bit. If bob really bothers you put him on your ignore list and you'll never see his posts again.

Was not aware that I could ignore someone, but thanks for the POINTER and I will be doing that right away.

signmeup

Was not aware that I could ignore someone, but thanks for the POINTER and I will be doing that right away.
Glad I could help. bob cracks me up on a regular basis so I think you're going to miss some fun but that's up to you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay NEG..............

Let's try this from a different approach.

You're an adult and you go to the dentist to have your teeth cleaned and the dentist says, oh my, but you don't take very good care of your teeth. Do you floss after every brushing three times a day ?? Do you even brush three times a day ?? Do you even floss at all ??
Now, perhaps this scenario doesn't really fit you and you have bright, white, tight, beautiful teeth, but let's just say you don't..... did this dentist just upset you ??

He then goes on to to say you have two cavities and might need a crown cause the one tooth is fractured.

He's telling you you don't take care of yourself and has broken your parents 'Golden Rule' of not telling you bad news or is really criticizing you harshly for being such a dip when it comes to your own mouth and taking care of something so simple.

Are you mad at him for trying to help, although his bedside manner is callous and to the point ?? Are you going to ask him to show you his credentials for calling you out ?? Why didn't you investigate his knowledge beforehand ?? Too lazy ?? Perhaps you didn't care until you became under fire.

Whatever.... criticism is meant to help regardless of the package it comes in. You, like so many others need to try and see through some of us that have answered the same old questions over and over and over and over and no one cares to do a search or try it for themselves without always taking the easy way out.

Sure, think outside the box, try not to hurt others intentionally, work with others who need help, but when someone is lazy and shows no interest...... phucg 'em.

NEG... the object here is for people to try and learn on their own. Showing pictures everytime someone has a problem doesn't help the person asking, if it's handed to them. If you have some shortcomings, we're all here to help, but it gets old real quick when the same ol' same ol' keeps happening. I can't speak for bob, but most of the people feel the same way, or you wouldn't see so many people NOT offering you advice.

When the OP shot himself in the foot is when he pooh-poohed good advise and made excuses and then posted up some other work that was far better and thought that should cover his first one not looking too pretty good. Each and every piece of artwork has something in it and if his, or your feelings, are hurt so easily.... maybe you should reconsider re-joining. However, it's really hard to renew one's membership if it's free as long as you follow the site rules. I don't want to be the reason for someone leaving this site, but at least listen to reason and remember... this site has more to offer than any place you'll ever work and pick up tricks, tips and knowledge working for one person. You have such a cross-section of knowledge and on every subject connected to the sign industry. Don't cheat yourself out of all this knowledge because your stubborn. Re-consider and I invite you to join the 'Premium' section and see what it's really like to gain knowledge. :peace!:

NEGD

Okay NEG..............

Are you mad at him for trying to help, although his bedside manner is callous and to the point ??

"Not only is it about as unique as a head cold, the illustration appears to be a helmeted creature piloting some sort of industrial duct work"

That's not callous and to the point... that's way over the top of what's necessary. I think he's RUDE and wouldn't associate myself who regularly dismisses people who may not be as "talented" as himself.

And when I joined here, because of printer difficulties I did search before I asked. I'm not looking for the easy way out and have someone do my work for me... no one learns that way. I don't think this thread started as a "how do I"... am I wrong?

I'm getting the feeling that the newer members of this site are viewed as a nuisance to some of the seasoned...

I understand your point about criticism... my point doesn't need a detailed explanation, because it's how I feel and not what I THINK you should believe.

John Butto

When an older person is talking to you and trying to get a point across you should just say OK and quit trying to win an argument that I am sure you feel strongly about. It is part of the "apprentice program" at Signs 101, I see you did not read the fine print.

NEGD

When an older person is talking to you and trying to get a point across you should just say OK and quit trying to win an argument that I am sure you feel strongly about. It is part of the "apprentice program" at Signs 101, I see you did not read the fine print.

ok :)

Last edited:

Flame

"Not only is it about as unique as a head cold, the illustration appears to be a helmeted creature piloting some sort of industrial duct work"

That's not callous and to the point... that's way over the top of what's necessary. I think he's RUDE and wouldn't associate myself who regularly dismisses people who may not be as "talented" as himself.

And when I joined here, because of printer difficulties I did search before I asked. I'm not looking for the easy way out and have someone do my work for me... no one learns that way. I don't think this thread started as a "how do I"... am I wrong?

I'm getting the feeling that the newer members of this site are viewed as a nuisance to some of the seasoned...

I understand your point about criticism... my point doesn't need a detailed explanation, because it's how I feel and not what I THINK you should believe.

I agree. Except for the point about Bob being talented. :p

klemgraphics

I consider myself a newer member and I have always been helped and never felt like I was nuisance to anyone, I mean if anyone was wouldn't they just be ignored?

Seasoned or not everyone doesn't have all the answers all the time, nor does anyone output perfect designs every time. When you post up a design lighten up and leave your feelings at the door, take every comment and criticism for what it is worth and use that info to make yourself better.

I for one get a kick out of bob, I drove a similar car to what is in the shirt designs and just had to laugh at the industrial duct work comment. Just goes to show how different things look different people.

Back to the topic though, the text is stretched a bit much and too many highlights, otherwise they all look great! I would not be able to come close to anything that good.

Showtime19

Thank you to all who have posted...good and bad. I have been in this business for 25 years, I heard lots of praise and lots of criticism. I posted this artwork in the portfolio board so all could see it. I didn't ask for criticism, but I am not at all afraid of listening to it. My intension was to show they way I do things. We all have different styles and tastes. Even if you do not like anything that I have shown here, it may inspire some of you to try something out of your element. We can all learn from good designs as well as bad ones. I love lookin through pics posted on here. I see a ton a great stuff, I see a ton of not so great stuff in my opinion, that doesn't mean it's right or wrong. This business is not an art contest to me, it's my profesion. A shop owner has to know his or her clientele to know what to sell them. As long as I have people wanting to buy these kinds of products from me, I will continue making them and selling them.
I have not been offended in any way over the criticism, as a matter of fact, I found it to be very entertaining at the very least.
It has been quite an interesting day of reading.

Also, as an fyi..my helper and my wife criticized me for all the same things that you guys and gals did...i think I'm a slooow learner from all those years of usin 1-shot...