• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This indecisions bugging me...

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I'm trying to decide if my website address is good as is or should I change it. My current address is www.think-signs.com and I have grown to hate that dash.

Some variations that I own and could use are:

www.thinksigns.co
www.mythinksigns.com
www.imthinkingsigns.com (customers often say that when they come in, so I bought it)

On a semi-related note, there are at least 3 other companies in the US that are using Think Signs.
I'm pretty sure I don't want to change my business name, but I do own www.MemphisSignsandBanners.com as well.

an internet penny for your thoughts

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The first one. It's the most simple, therefore the easiest one to remember and it makes the most sense to the average end-user.

Locals Find!

I have always hated dashes in domain names as the average person using the internet in my experience is clueless and will screw it up.

The .co name well people are going to screw that up and figure you misprinted it and add the "m" sending them somewhere else where your not at. So, just dump that one in my opinion.

I kinda like the Memphis one personally. Its a bit long but, its clear and concise and less likely for someone to screw up. Also, since its a really good regional name drive some traffic to it and make it more valuable. A good domain name can be worth as much as your business alone if its got good heavy traffic. Think of it as integral part of the value of your business. Much like a Real Estate investment.

HulkSmash

My thoughts exactly, you can have any number of domains all going to the same place.

yes, i'm sure he will do that.. but i think he's looking for which website to advertise on things....

i for 1, hate the dashes, but it is the easiest to remember.

one thing you can try.

We own many urls as well, and 3 different numbers.

we have 1 number on our site/business cards, and on all other advertisements, it's another number. It records and lets us know what type of advertising i need to work on. 85% is from the website and bc's 15% is from other forms of direct mail, and magazine/radio advertisement.. so i need to work on that smaller percentage aspect to get that up.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I say all redirect, but be careful with the thinksigns.co ... most people will still do the .com instead and be directed to a dead site.

Look into buying thinksigns.com ... might cost you a few hundred ... but might be worth it.

HulkSmash

A few years ago their asking price was $7,500
I didn't counter offer because the starting point was so outrageous.

wethinksigns.com is used by a company in England

Someone offered me $26,000 to buy ColoradoSigns.com a couple months ago..

10sacer

Yep... I am dg-express and they want $2800 for just dgexpress, but most folks get it right anyway

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What about WeThinkSigns.com

I did not check for availability but it's a great play on the name?

Except that at first glance it looks very much like 'Wet Ink Signs'.

Regardless, "you/we/everyone/someone/no one/etc ThinkSigns.whatever" has to be a low energy name. Completely forgettable. You might think signs but it's doubtful that anyone does.

With domain names, the shortest is the best. Remembering and then typing something resembling the preamble to the constitution, not so much. No matter just how clever you might think it is.